Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Rant Reply with quote

Something I find really, really funny in all of the different fa talks this offseason... people for YEARS complained the Glazers weren't putting money into the Bucs. All they cared about was their soccer team. Now the last few seasons a few people are complaining that Dom can't draft guys and that his job is/has been on the line.

It took years to clean up the mess that was left when Mark took over. To me he seems to be ahead of the curve some. The Bucs have one of the best facilities in the league, we were one of if not the first team in the league to ditch the traditional playbook and start using ipads. Our team needs over the last 3/4 seasons seem to fall inline for what the strength of that years draft is. His system now of finding cheap players to compliment these top tier guys so the books balance. Him paying guys up front so we aren't stuck with them if they don't work.

The time has come when he feels/as I do that we have a solid core of young guys that we have drafted over the last 3 or so seasons, that the time to make a move is now. Last season we made a few MONSTER plays with the signing Nicks, Jackson, Wright. All-pro players that are both regarded to be amongst the top at their respected positions.

There has been a ton of back and forth now that we shouldn't spend this offseason, we will screw our cap situation up, what about extending rookies that just finished their first season, that's not how you build a team.

We go out and sign a top 3/4 safety to pair with our 7th overall pick at safety pick last offseason. Now we are going to trade for one of if not the best defensive player in the league and guys are complaining.... "I want Grimes", "give me Mike Jenkins"... Brick wall

I guess it's good discussion for the forum that there's always something to complain about and not everyone will be happy.

It's funny though for a team thought of as cheap for years is now spending and now we are getting heat because its not the way you "build" a team. A gm that some view can't draft is going out and getting proven players and now he's getting heat because that's not how you "build" a team.... frustrating.

Rant/

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Revis because it'll take away the lulz that come from Danny Gorrer attempting to play cornerback.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good rant.

All I have to do add is we just had a rough few years mainly with coaches and schemes(Olsen, Bates...etc). On top of that Freeman being extremely inconsistent does not help much either. After all you build around your QB. Most of the time if your QB is playing great than so is the rest of your team(look at Falcons pre-Matt Ryan and after Matt Ryan).

This offseason we missed the boat on all the FA corners by going after Revis and coming this far we need to get him even that means giving up a first this year. At first I was against this because I really wanted Rhodes but seeing as to there is almost no way he makes it past the Dolphins I really dont care of holding on to this years first. On top of that I dont know why we dont pull the trigger, the Jets have all the leverage. They KNOW we need CB's badly and they KNOW all the FA corners are gone and they also probably KNOW that Rhodes will more than likely gone when we pick at #13. We have ZERO leverage besides his injury and contract but seeing how far Bucs have come they dont seem to care.

Plus I would rather have a first next year. If Freeman stinks it up next season there is no way he we extend him. And we will be in the hunt for a QB
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Some people just get impatient and not thinking logically.

Freeman is the only part of this organization that gives me anxiety, everything else I love where the team is headed.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People will forget about the picks we gave up for Revis if/when he is completely shutting down WRs for us.

I understand wanting picks in case we completely nail them like we did last year, but that won't happen every year. And our pass defense will hold this team back from becoming a playoff team. Revis will address that very well. I'm not sure he is getting nearly the credit he deserves. He is one of the best defensive players in football, and if JJ Watt wasn't some sort of grizzly bear/robot hybrid, he would have a solid argument for best defensive player in the league.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately agree. The Team is a lot better off then what Bruce Allen and Gruden did in terms of building.

Dom has made his fair share of mistakes, but he has done a nice job recently, minus the Eric Wright botch up, however he got lucky Wright violated his contract. I like the new guy he brough in in Eric Stokes. Guy has an eye for talented guys and played a huge part in scouting the players Seattle has drafted and signed to this date, which makes them legit Super Bowl contenders.

If you're building your team the right way, it takes time. Pete Carroll started in 2010, for example and he didn an excellent job building his team.

What does suck was Raheem just wasn't the guy to lead the Bucs. Honestly, I don't think he's matured enough to be a head coach in this league.

I like where the overall team is heading. However, it is a win now league. It sucks to say this because Dom had a tough task to deal with at hand, but his job does ride on how this year goes. He;s done a nice job adding talent. However, he;s had his fair share of misses and question marks.

I know many Buc fans here do not agree but his job does hinder on Freeman. Normally, GM's don't get to pick a 2nd QB if the first one they drafted busted. I hope Freeman balls out this year because I like where the team is heading overall. I wish they stuck with the plan to build thorugh the draft and not give up high round picks. I thought they were one good off-season and improvement from Freeman away from being a playoff contender, then 2014 busting out as Super Bowl contenders. However, they seem to be speeding up on the process hoping Revis immediatley improves. I hope it works out as well, even though I'm not a fan of it.

Here's to a playoff berth in 2013! Hopefully.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: