Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals Sign QB Josh Johnson
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ark23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Bengals Sign QB Josh Johnson Reply with quote

Cincinnati.com wrote:
Former Bucs QB Josh Johnson is headed to the Cincinnati Bengals.

Josh Johnson will play under Jay Gruden, whose brother Jon drafted Johnson in 2008. He replaces another former Buc, Bruce Gradkowski.

Confirmed: Former Bucs QB Josh Johnson (@jj11F1st) has agreed to terms with the Bengals on a two-year deal. Will be finalized tomorrow.

Good to see us finally get on the board and add a new player to our roster for this upcoming year. Gotta think Gruden liked what he heard from his brother about Johnson, and he's a talented player - I liked him coming out of San Diego.

With that said I'm not sure if he's gonna be handed the backup QB job. I fully expect us to draft a QB in the fourth-sixth round era.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

championship

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bengals Sign QB Josh Johnson Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
Cincinnati.com wrote:

Josh Johnson will play under Jay Gruden, whose brother Jon drafted Johnson in 2008. He replaces another former Buc, Bruce Gradkowski.

Confirmed: Former Bucs QB Josh Johnson (@jj11F1st) has agreed to terms with the Bengals on a two-year deal. Will be finalized tomorrow.

Good to see us finally get on the board and add a new player to our roster for this upcoming year. Gotta think Gruden liked what he heard from his brother about Johnson, and he's a talented player - I liked him coming out of San Diego.

With that said I'm not sure if he's gonna be handed the backup QB job. I fully expect us to draft a QB in the fourth-sixth round era.

I won't call it a guarantee that he will be the backup this year, but i'd put the odds over 95%

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this signing

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
championship

What's funny is I just posted the same comment in the thread you created about this story...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official team site link

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Report-Bengals-agree-with-backup-QB-Johnson-/69af2068-298a-4df0-8cf4-d9f767363e3f
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Bengals Sign QB Josh Johnson Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
ark23 wrote:
Cincinnati.com wrote:

I won't call it a guarantee that he will be the backup this year, but i'd put the odds over 95%

Agreed. I find it highly unlikely that there's a QB sitting in the later rounds more ready than Josh Johnson. I almost doubt that the team drafts one at all.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
championship

What's funny is I just posted the same comment in the thread you created about this story...

Brothers for life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Bengals Sign QB Josh Johnson Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
ark23 wrote:
Cincinnati.com wrote:

Agreed. I find it highly unlikely that there's a QB sitting in the later rounds more ready than Josh Johnson. I almost doubt that the team drafts one at all.

I can still see one in round six or seven that we can stuff on the practice squad. Zac Robinson is gone though, as he has used up his practice squad eligibility, unless we start carrying 3 QB's again, which would be kind of pointless as we will likely struggle hard if we get to that point anyway.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ark23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Bengals Sign QB Josh Johnson Reply with quote

theJ wrote:

I dunno. I don't think this team is sold on Zac Robinson and we've shown a lot of interest in backup QB's like Nassib and Landry Jones. I just don't think that Josh Johnson is gonna be handed this job without a rookie coming in to push him.

If I had to guess, Landry Jones in the fifth or Bray in the third if he drops are possibilities. It's not as if Johnson is even as proven as Bruce Gradkowski (who started a full season basically, although not with great results) and people weren't satisfied with Gradkowski as our backup.

The one thing I will say is Jay must be high on him to sign him to this contract - he was there in Tampa when Johnson was a rookie, and he must've seen something he liked to want him here in Cincy. So I think that in that regard this team does have high expectations and anticipate him as a backup.
neezy007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former 49er. It continues.

Last edited by neezy007 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
Former 49ers. It continuous.

Can you at least start sending us some good players? It's only fair...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
neezy007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
Former 49er. It continues. .

Can you at least start sending us some good players? It's only fair...

The ultimate troll job would have been if we made the Alex Smith trade with you guys. One, it would have been foolish for the Bengals to make that trade. 2, it would have caused a riot that would have lasted. I've noticed Dalton has you guys divided. Well, 9er fans love to fight about Alex Smith. We did it for 8 years no matter what.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Bengals Sign QB Josh Johnson Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
theJ wrote:

I dunno. I don't think this team is sold on Zac Robinson and we've shown a lot of interest in backup QB's like Nassib and Landry Jones. I just don't think that Josh Johnson is gonna be handed this job without a rookie coming in to push him.

If I had to guess, Landry Jones in the fifth or Bray in the third if he drops are possibilities. It's not as if Johnson is even as proven as Bruce Gradkowski (who started a full season basically, although not with great results) and people weren't satisfied with Gradkowski as our backup.

The one thing I will say is Jay must be high on him to sign him to this contract - he was there in Tampa when Johnson was a rookie, and he must've seen something he liked to want him here in Cincy. So I think that in that regard this team does have high expectations and anticipate him as a backup.

We bring in Johnson as he knows Grudens scheme well, as does Gradkowski.

We have to change our scheme and verbage quite a bit now, especially when we play the Steelers. Gradkowski will be stood there by LeBeau reading the formations and telling him exactly whats coming.

Have we underestimmated the effect of losing Gradhowski to the Steelers ?
sparky151

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if Robinson beats out Johnson for the backup job. Is Johnson eligible for the practice squad? Dennis Dixon was on Baltimore's PS last year after being in the league several years with the Steelers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: