Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T.I.R.T. 5.0 - O/U how many wins the Vikings have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gambit Jango wrote:
a friend of mine tweeted something about the cowboys trying to trade for AP, was he making that up?

good lord with their cap situation i would hope not

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
valpoPackers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gambit Jango wrote:
a friend of mine tweeted something about the cowboys trying to trade for AP, was he making that up?

This is frustrating. Every year, midseason or preseason, it's the same thing. Do these trades ever end up happening? No. Probably the biggest midseason trade since the salary cap era was the Richardson trade and there was no advanced rumor of it. Peterson isn't going anywhere. I promise you.
pollino14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in the NFL comparisons there is a thread on the NFLs top 15 defenses. And only a Packer fan has GB in their top 15. What's everyone's thoughts on this? Our only bad game was @ SF, when we were without our most important player in the secondary.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Gambit Jango wrote:

good lord with their cap situation i would hope not

I would actually hope SO (but it's not realistic). The Cowboys are already heading into cap hell and that trade would put the Vikings right there next to them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
So in the NFL comparisons there is a thread on the NFLs top 15 defenses. And only a Packer fan has GB in their top 15. What's everyone's thoughts on this? Our only bad game was @ SF, when we were without our most important player in the secondary.

Top 15 and emerging as a top 10 unit. Too much talent to think otherwise. Injuries, however, are the natural equalizer. But throw Perry, Matthews, Hayward and Jones back into the mix and you easily have a top 10 unit.
driftwood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

Top 15 and emerging as a top 10 unit. Too much talent to think otherwise. Injuries, however, are the natural equalizer. But throw Perry, Matthews, Hayward and Jones back into the mix and you easily have a top 10 unit.

I would 100% agree with this... first time in a long time that Packer fans could feel confident saying this as well

they arent the turnover monster that they have been int he past, but they dont really need to be if they can bottle up teams from scoring points

i think a 100% healthy packers D could absolutely make a case as a top 5 unit this year as well (the only significant hole is at Safety after Burnett)... other than that they are very solid in every aspect

i just hope we can keep this unit intact & healthy for the most part in the next few years.

guys like pickett, tramon, ect will eventually turn over but there are already adequate young replacements for them on the current roster which is a good problem to have

the wild card is Dom Capers... can he consistently throw out good game plans & not get toasted like in years past with 0 answers
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are a good defensive unit right now, but they need to force more turnovers to be an elite one.

R-E-L-A-X
MMcKay16

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel really good about our defense, sure we might not be forcing turnovers YET, but its coming. By the looks of it we'll start to get our key pieces back just in time for them to shake of the rust for a playoff push. And I think finally we've had guys in the system long enough that Dom can be a bit more exotic with the pressures when he needs to be and rely on our secondary to be in positions to make plays. I really excited for this defense come January.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turnovers will come with time. The fact that we are doing what we're doing now without having to rely on the turnovers is incredibly encouraging.

I think Hayward's presence will go a long way to taking the ball away.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its crazy how many non packer fans I talk to or read their comments in here and they think that we are still in 2011, and really bad. Cannot wait for playoffs. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin Johnson is good at football.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I switched channels towards the end of the Dallas/Detroit game(I think after Dez's last TD)..........WTF happened?!

Sig brought to you by Justo
svp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah me too. stpped watching at the 2 minutes left mark.

I think Detrout had the ball.

40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
I switched channels towards the end of the Dallas/Detroit game(I think after Dez's last TD)..........WTF happened?!

Dallas got a field goal and made it a 6 point game with about 1:30 to go.....Detroit worked it down the field....Calvin Johnson caught a pass at the one yard line.....Stafford ran up to the line saying he was going to spike the ball, because there was only about 22 seconds left.....When they set up, he (Stafford) snuck the ball in for a TD.....Conversion made, game over...
packerjmf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40Year Pack Fan wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

Dallas got a field goal and made it a 6 point game with about 1:30 to go.....Detroit worked it down the field....Calvin Johnson caught a pass at the one yard line.....Stafford ran up to the line saying he was going to spike the ball, because there was only about 22 seconds left.....When they set up, he (Stafford) snuck the ball in for a TD.....Conversion made, game over...

Dallas (very likely) wins that game if they don't commit the holding penalty that stopped the clock. Could've run the clock down to about 0:20 and then either kicked a long field goal or punted.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 54 of 99

Jump to: