Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T.I.R.T. 5.0 - O/U how many wins the Vikings have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoodAsGould13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:
Exactly what have you guys done this offseason that makes you any better at all? Signed Jones and Tavecchio?

Getting healthy pieces back? Rodgers is worlds better than Cutler, and Matthews and Peppers are pretty much a wash. The Packers are younger and for the most part more athletic. The Packers were a better team last year, and the improvement from last year to this year is probably swinging in the favor of the Packers.

Great, we all know that Rodgers is better. I am not comparing players, I am saying we have done much more SO FAR this offseason to become a better team then the Packers have.

But lets compare positions and see how we stack up.

QB- Easily Packers
WR- Close but slight edge to Packers
RB- Easily Bears
TE- With how Finley played last year, and you losing Crabtree I give Bears the slight edge.
FB- Packers
O-Line- Bears

Defense.

Linebackers- Packers
Safties- Pretty Close, Ill say Packers
CBs- Bears easily
D-Line- Close, but I say Bears

Special Teams- Bears
Coaching- Packers

Pretty even in my opinion, but I know the Packers right now are the better team.

My whole point with my original post was that there is no way we are only winning 5 or 6 games like some of you think. We have done much more this offseason so far than the Packers have done, and I think the changes we have made to the O-Line alone will make us a better team then last year.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoodAsGould13 wrote:
My whole point with my original post was that there is no way we are only winning 5 or 6 games like some of you think. We have done much more this offseason so far than the Packers have done, and I think the changes we have made to the O-Line alone will make us a better team then last year.
Signing free agents doesn't make your team automatically better especially when you over pay for an average T like Bushrod. Bushrod is going to get torn apart just like he did in NO. The only signing that I consider as a major upgrade is Bennett at TE.

As for the Packers, we don't sign free agents. We just don't. They hardly ever live up to the contracts they get. We are getting better though simply by getting healthy. Desmond Bishop missed all of lat year and is EASILY our best ILB. Nick Perry, our rookie 1st round pass rusher, is coming back healthy after being placed on IR after week 6. Derek Sherrod should also finally be healthy after his broken leg. Just those three players gives us a starting ILB, starting OLB and legit competition for starting LT.

That all doesn't even mention that we always do the most damage during the draft and signing UDFA's.

Kempes on the custom sig!
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoodAsGould13 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:
Exactly what have you guys done this offseason that makes you any better at all? Signed Jones and Tavecchio?

Getting healthy pieces back? Rodgers is worlds better than Cutler, and Matthews and Peppers are pretty much a wash. The Packers are younger and for the most part more athletic. The Packers were a better team last year, and the improvement from last year to this year is probably swinging in the favor of the Packers.

Great, we all know that Rodgers is better. I am not comparing players, I am saying we have done much more SO FAR this offseason to become a better team then the Packers have.

QB- Easily Packers
RB- Easily Bears
TE- With how Finley played last year, and you losing Crabtree I give Bears the slight edge.
FB- Packers
O-Line- Bears

Defense.

Linebackers- Packers
CBs- Bears easily

Special Teams- Bears
Coaching- Packers

Pretty even in my opinion, but I know the Packers right now are the better team.

Laughing

For the sake of Mr. Ketchup's sanity, I'll just go ahead and say there is a dramatic edge to Green Bay with receivers in both depth and developmental abilities. I think that's a fair assessment.

Similarly, I'll go ahead and say we have the best safety between the two teams in Burnett, but the production you received from yours was superior. So that's a wash.

As for the offensive line, despite the 50+ sacks, I would attest to Green Bay's superiority. Your line has been awful when healthy. Ours is average. Throw in Sherrod, an elite pass-blocking talent, and Bulaga, and we suddenly become much, much better in protecting Rodgers. But with that said, you can say the same for Chicago. A big upgrade at LT, allowing Carimi to move inside and Webb out to the right will make your line better this year. I still see it being somewhat of a weakness that may inhibit Cutler, though.

Last edited by CentralFC on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your smiley face added so much to the discussion. Add something of substance or don't post. Not that hard. Very annoying seeing posts like that.

Kempes on the custom sig!
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Your smiley face added so much to the discussion. Add something of substance or don't post. Not that hard. Very annoying seeing posts like that.

Very Happy
GoodAsGould13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:
Signing free agents doesn't make your team automatically better especially when you over pay for an average T like Bushrod. Bushrod is going to get torn apart just like he did in NO. The only signing that I consider as a major upgrade is Bennett at TE.

As for the Packers, we don't sign free agents. We just don't. They hardly ever live up to the contracts they get. We are getting better though simply by getting healthy. Desmond Bishop missed all of lat year and is EASILY our best ILB. Nick Perry, our rookie 1st round pass rusher, is coming back healthy after being placed on IR after week 6. Derek Sherrod should also finally be healthy after his broken leg. Just those three players gives us a starting ILB, starting OLB and legit competition for starting LT.

That all doesn't even mention that we always do the most damage during the draft and signing UDFA's.

Signing a tackle who has been to back to back pro bowls is in my opinion a MAJOR upgrade to what weve had in the past. Sure, he wasnt the best FA tackle, but he was one of the better ones and he has a great connection with Kromer already and seeing as what our cap space was, I think it was a perfect signing. Also signing Slausen today upgrades our O-line exponentially.

We were weak at O-line- Signed 3 offensive lineman.

We were weak at LB so we signed 2 decent Linebackers.

I know you guys always do your work in the draft and never focus on FA thats why I emphasized SO FAR.

Do you yourself believe that the Bear will only win 5 or 6 games
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoodAsGould13 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:

Signing a tackle who has been to back to back pro bowls is in my opinion a MAJOR upgrade to what weve had in the past. Sure, he wasnt the best FA tackle, but he was one of the better ones and he has a great connection with Kromer already and seeing as what our cap space was, I think it was a perfect signing. Also signing Slausen today upgrades our O-line exponentially.

We were weak at O-line- Signed 3 offensive lineman.

We were weak at LB so we signed 2 decent Linebackers.

I know you guys always do your work in the draft and never focus on FA thats why I emphasized SO FAR.

Do you yourself believe that the Bear will only win 5 or 6 games

I think it's irrational, albeit expected, to pat yourself on the back after spending big in free agency. It's a big paper war of which teams never fully reach the expectations.

I personally believe Chicago benefited greatly from a relatively easy schedule and a quite a bit of luck a year ago. And when I say luck, I mean something that won't be sustained year from year (defensive touchdowns).

I believe they are a 8-9 win team and a tier below Green Bay, San Francisco, Seattle, and Dallas. They'll be right there with what I feel will be a better Dallas team, Minnesota, New Orleans, and Washington.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoodAsGould13 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:

QB- Easily Packers
RB- Easily Bears
FB- Packers
O-Line- Bears

Defense.

Linebackers- Packers
CBs- Bears easily

Special Teams- Bears
Coaching- Packers

I actually disagree a bit.

QB- Easily Packers
RB- Easily Bears
TE- With how Finley played at the end of last year, compared to how Bennett did all of last year, I still give the Packers a slight edge.
FB- Packers
O-Line- Very close, but the Packers at least have the right side nailed, and Garza was so much better as a Guard. Packers.

Defense.

Linebackers- Packers
CBs- Packers had 4 CB in higher rankings according to PFF while no other team had more than 2, but the Bear's starter duo graded out higher. Hard to pick, but I'll give slight advantage Bears.

Special Teams- Bears, we lost Crabtree.
Coaching- Packers
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:

QB- Easily Packers
RB- Easily Bears
FB- Packers
O-Line- Bears

Defense.

Linebackers- Packers
CBs- Bears easily

Special Teams- Bears
Coaching- Packers

QB- Easily Packers
RB- Easily Bears
TE- With how Finley played at the end of last year, compared to how Bennett did all of last year, I still give the Packers a slight edge.
FB- Packers
O-Line- Very close, but the Packers at least have the right side nailed, and Garza was so much better as a Guard. Packers.

Defense.

Linebackers- Packers
CBs- Packers had 4 CB in higher rankings according to PFF while no other team had more than 2, but the Bear's starter duo graded out higher. Hard to pick, but I'll give slight advantage Bears.

Coaching- Packers

But the massive flaw in doing this is that we can say Green Bay "won" the FB matchup as if it was important. Green Bay wins the most important matchup and that's QB. Green Bay just needs to contend with the rest and they're far superior.
GoodAsGould13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:

QB- Easily Packers
RB- Easily Bears
FB- Packers
O-Line- Bears

Defense.

Linebackers- Packers
CBs- Bears easily

Special Teams- Bears
Coaching- Packers

Laughing

For the sake of Mr. Ketchup's sanity, I'll just go ahead and say there is a dramatic edge to Green Bay with receivers in both depth and developmental abilities. I think that's a fair assessment.

Similarly, I'll go ahead and say we have the best safety between the two teams in Burnett, but the production you received from yours was superior. So that's a wash.

As for the offensive line, despite the 50+ sacks, I would attest to Green Bay's superiority. Your line has been awful when healthy. Ours is average. Throw in Sherrod, an elite pass-blocking talent, and Bulaga, and we suddenly become much, much better in protecting Rodgers. But with that said, you can say the same for Chicago. A big upgrade at LT, allowing Carimi to move inside and Webb out to the right will make your line better this year. I still see it being somewhat of a weakness that may inhibit Cutler, though.

As for the WR standpoint, I like the Bears corps better but that just might be my Homerism. We obviously have one of the Top 3 WR in the game so I dont even need to talk about him.

But I think Jeffery has a chance to be a stud in the league in a few years if he can just stay healthy and continue to work out with Marshall. I think he could eventually to a top 15 to top 10 WR in the league.

Earl Bennett I think can be a great slot receiver if we just strictly play him there. I think we just need one more speed WR and we could have one of the top WR corps in the league.

Yes Nelson and Cobb are good, but I just think the combo of Marshall and Jeffery could end up being deadly and reminds me of the Larry Fitz, and Boldin combo when they were together in Arizona. James Jones is a pretty good WR as well so dont think I forgot about him.

I do think your guys line has the potential to be good this year too, but both Bulago and Sherrod need to stay healthy. I just also believe that our line will also be very good this year because the chemistry with Kromer and Bushrod, the signing of Slausen, Carimi moving inside, and Webb ended the season very well last year.

All in all, I really do think our team is pretty close talent wise. It is just all going to come down to coaching, and how Cutler deals with everything this year.
GoodAsGould13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:

QB- Easily Packers
RB- Easily Bears
FB- Packers
O-Line- Bears

Defense.

Linebackers- Packers
CBs- Bears easily

Special Teams- Bears
Coaching- Packers

QB- Easily Packers
RB- Easily Bears
FB- Packers

Defense.

Linebackers- Packers

Coaching- Packers

hahaha looks like we almost feel the same way. I agree with a lot of the points you made as well.
GoodAsGould13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

I believe they are a 8-9 win team and a tier below Green Bay, San Francisco, Seattle, and Dallas. They'll be right there with what I feel will be a better Dallas team, Minnesota, New Orleans, and Washington.

I agree with this but I feel its more of a ceiling of 9-11 Wins. I think Green Bay, San Fran will be the only two teams in that tier 1. I think its gunna be a close race after that with Chi, Sea, NO, and NY.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoodAsGould13 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

I agree with this but I feel its more of a ceiling of 9-11 Wins. I think Green Bay, San Fran will be the only two teams in that tier 1. I think its gunna be a close race after that with Chi, Sea, NO, and NY.

Ceiling of 9-11 is realistic. I think Seattle is in that top tier as well with Atlanta. It's so damn close.
GoodAsGould13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

Ceiling of 9-11 is realistic. I think Seattle is in that top tier as well with Atlanta. It's so damn close.

I completely forgot about ATL, they are up there for sure and I would maybe put them as number 3 if they stay healthy.

I just am so happy you guys didnt sign Steven Jackson
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoodAsGould13 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:

QB- Easily Packers
RB- Easily Bears
FB- Packers
O-Line- Bears

Defense.

Linebackers- Packers
CBs- Bears easily

Special Teams- Bears
Coaching- Packers

QB- Easily Packers
RB- Easily Bears
FB- Packers

Defense.

Linebackers- Packers

Coaching- Packers

hahaha looks like we almost feel the same way. I agree with a lot of the points you made as well.

You have the Bears OL better? oh god, even with Bushrod, who isn't even that good, the OL is still awful.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 6 of 99

Jump to: