Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T.I.R.T. 5.0 - O/U how many wins the Vikings have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5thStringQB wrote:
How are you out-of-staters watching the game tonight? Just recently moved to Arizona for college and as a poor college student I wont be able to afford NFL Network or Red Zone or anything like that. No idea how I'm gonna watch the games this year. Throw some knowledge my way gentlemen!

Check your PM's.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
In preseason news, Christian Ponder had a Graham Harrell like 5/12 53 yard night.

Bills blitzed almost the entire game. Watching the game you'd think they thought it was week 1 of the regular season and had actually game planned for this glorified scrimmage.

As others have said, we got a couple teams like that in recent memory and it may have been Buffalo IIRC.

Young teams trying to build confidence..
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbpacker40 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
In preseason news, Christian Ponder had a Graham Harrell like 5/12 53 yard night.

Bills blitzed almost the entire game. Watching the game you'd think they thought it was week 1 of the regular season and had actually game planned for this glorified scrimmage.

I don't agree with preseason blitzathons, but...Teams have counters to blitzes. If you are saying he sucked because he couldnt audible or have success because the other team blitzed to much, wouldnt that be damning in its own right.

The team likely never put in counters to blitzes this week. Each team runs different blitzes and are countered accordingly. Given that it is pre season, id guess most teams spend little to not time actually prepping to face there opponent given that there really is no point too. Coaches favor developing fundamentals this time of the year and seeing who can stick around.

Which is why it is baffling why a team would even go all out blitzing in the pre season. Why reveal blitz looks for the regular season? Rookie mistake by Marrone in my opinion. You keep the game plan as bland as simple as possible but hte Bills showed so many blitz looks, some team will take the tape of this game and see what kind of counters can be put in place.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Which is why it is baffling why a team would even go all out blitzing in the pre season. Why reveal blitz looks for the regular season? Rookie mistake by Marrone in my opinion. You keep the game plan as bland as simple as possible but hte Bills showed so many blitz looks, some team will take the tape of this game and see what kind of counters can be put in place.

Practice. New scheme, new coaches, want to see what they have. There's nothing wrong with it.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Practice. New scheme, new coaches, want to see what they have. There's nothing wrong with it.

This can be practiced, in practice, without exposing themselves. I dont think the Bills have an overly talented defense, they will get by on employing exotic blitzes. Blitzes become less exotic the more tape you put out there and the more teams are able to adjust.

I understand why the Bills blitzed as they did in preparation for the season, but they also made it easier for other teams to prepare for them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

This can be practiced, in practice, without exposing themselves. I dont think the Bills have an overly talented defense, they will get by on employing exotic blitzes. Blitzes become less exotic the more tape you put out there and the more teams are able to adjust.

I understand why the Bills blitzed as they did in preparation for the season, but they also made it easier for other teams to prepare for them.

because you know those are the exact blitzes they'll be using?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

because you know those are the exact blitzes they'll be using?

They will switch it up week to week depending on opponent, no doubt. however, they still exposed potential tendencies. there is only so much you can implement in a weeks time so chances are several of the blitz strategies employed by the Bills yesterday will be employed during the season. What good is practicing those blitzes during the games if you're never going to use them during the regular season?

Id hate to see MN show anything unique on offense or defense in the pre season simply because the purpose of adding new wrinkles is too catch a team off guard.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

They will switch it up week to week depending on opponent, no doubt. however, they still exposed potential tendencies. there is only so much you can implement in a weeks time so chances are several of the blitz strategies employed by the Bills yesterday will be employed during the season. What good is practicing those blitzes during the games if you're never going to use them during the regular season?

Id hate to see MN show anything unique on offense or defense in the pre season simply because the purpose of adding new wrinkles is too catch a team off guard.

How far do you take this? Do you also hope that Cordarrelle Patterson not see the field at all so he takes opponents by surprise the first time he steps on the field?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

How far do you take this? Do you also hope that Cordarrelle Patterson not see the field at all so he takes opponents by surprise the first time he steps on the field?

I am willing to bet MN has a package devoted to Patterson that has not even been unleashed yet.

I treat Patterson as a WR first and foremost. Let him run the most basic elements of being a WR during the pre season. Let him develop simple fundamentals first in game time situations. Once comes the regular season, start to show case some of the gadget plays. Which apparently has been the case this pre season as Patterson has mostly lined up at split end running typical routes. Im sure they have an entire package of gadget plays that are worked on regularly in practice. But why showcase those plays?

In the Bills case, run the most simple blitz combos. Save the exotic ones for the regular season.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

In the Bills case, run the most simple blitz combos. Save the exotic ones for the regular season.

so you think they did run the exotic ones?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

so you think they did run the exotic ones?

They ran a hell of a lot of blitzes, from every gap from what I saw. It wasnt the same person rushing form the same gap, they definitely seemed to have a regular season like feel to there approach to the game.

If Buffalo is trying to employ game time blitzes in real game time situations, I can understand why they wanted to get some practice reps with its blitz packages.

The problem is if you show too much, teams will get a better feel for your blitz tendencies. Will see how this plays out for Buffalo, but im always of the believe that you should remain very bland on offense and defense during the preseason, especially if you want to unleesh something that hasnt been seen before from your team. As a first time head coach, I surely wouldnt want to tip my hat prior to the regular season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the Buf Min preseason game on the NFL network, and man i wish we could've gotten Jerry Hughes from Indi. Buf got him for a bag of chips and he looks good in that system, he was stuck in a bad system in Indi that's why he didn't perform well. he would've given us better depth than Moses.
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:
Watching the Buf Min preseason game on the NFL network, and man i wish we could've gotten Jerry Hughes from Indi. Buf got him for a bag of chips and he looks good in that system, he was stuck in a bad system in Indi that's why he didn't perform well. he would've given us better depth than Moses.

I'm starting to think Moses isn't cut out to be a OLB, i'd like to see him convert to MLB like Jones did. He really isn't that big, he relies on speed to beat his block.

If Palmer and Mulumba continue to improve his spot on this team/depth chart could be in jeopardy.
dijatool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gopackgonerd wrote:
Jsitton71# wrote:

I'm starting to think Moses isn't cut out to be a OLB, i'd like to see him convert to MLB like Jones did. He really isn't that big, he relies on speed to beat his block.

If Palmer and Mulumba continue to improve his spot on this team/depth chart could be in jeopardy.

On a couple of plays Saturday evening Moses looked like he was limping around out there although I haven't heard anything about him being injured.

He is certainly not playing like the guy who has his hair on fire last summer.

Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dijatool wrote:
Gopackgonerd wrote:
Jsitton71# wrote:

On a couple of plays Saturday evening Moses looked like he was limping around out there although I haven't heard anything about him being injured.

He is certainly not playing like the guy who has his hair on fire last summer.

I think he missed a day or two in camp. Probably playing through something.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 36 of 97

Jump to: