Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T.I.R.T. 5.0 - O/U how many wins the Vikings have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ugLymayNe


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 12807
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Vikings-made-76-million-offer-to-Mike-Wallace.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
The Vikings were known to be pursuing the free-agent wide receiver but it didn’t come down to just money. Wallace’s father Mike Wallace III tells Jim Corbett of USA Today that his son turned down a $76 million offer from the Vikings.

Wallace went to the Miami Dolphins in a $60 million, five-year contract that included $30 million guaranteed. So, it wasn’t all about the money for Wallace.


he says he wants to play for super bowls & be well compensated...

so the vikings who are a better team than the dolphins offer him more $ & he turns it down?


what does he see in Miami other than humid weather, a bunch of fake women & no income tax?



New offensive minded coach and a young quarterback...
_________________
@PJHotel_
Uglystik1072<---Gamertag

Sig brought to you by Justo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7232
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
driftwood wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Vikings-made-76-million-offer-to-Mike-Wallace.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
The Vikings were known to be pursuing the free-agent wide receiver but it didn’t come down to just money. Wallace’s father Mike Wallace III tells Jim Corbett of USA Today that his son turned down a $76 million offer from the Vikings.

Wallace went to the Miami Dolphins in a $60 million, five-year contract that included $30 million guaranteed. So, it wasn’t all about the money for Wallace.


he says he wants to play for super bowls & be well compensated...

so the vikings who are a better team than the dolphins offer him more $ & he turns it down?


what does he see in Miami other than humid weather, a bunch of fake women & no income tax?



New offensive minded coach and a young non-noodle armed quarterback...



FIFY. Ponder is still young. He just doesn't have the part of the game that Wallace needs. Ponder can't throw a deep ball well and going deep is Wallace's best trait. Would have been a train wreck.
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 8163
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
driftwood wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Vikings-made-76-million-offer-to-Mike-Wallace.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
The Vikings were known to be pursuing the free-agent wide receiver but it didn’t come down to just money. Wallace’s father Mike Wallace III tells Jim Corbett of USA Today that his son turned down a $76 million offer from the Vikings.

Wallace went to the Miami Dolphins in a $60 million, five-year contract that included $30 million guaranteed. So, it wasn’t all about the money for Wallace.


he says he wants to play for super bowls & be well compensated...

so the vikings who are a better team than the dolphins offer him more $ & he turns it down?


what does he see in Miami other than humid weather, a bunch of fake women & no income tax?



New offensive minded coach and a young non-noodle armed quarterback...



FIFY. Ponder is still young. He just doesn't have the part of the game that Wallace needs. Ponder can't throw a deep ball well and going deep is Wallace's best trait. Would have been a train wreck.
The Dolphins have an offensive minded HC and young QB. But you are right, Wallace would be a waste in MN. But he would still get paid Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ugLymayNe


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 12807
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like #15?
_________________
@PJHotel_
Uglystik1072<---Gamertag

Sig brought to you by Justo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 9989
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cortland Finnegan proves, yet again, that he is a punk.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7232
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Cortland Finnegan proves, yet again, that he is a punk.


Que?
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 9989
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnegan is talking crap about Craig Dahl because Dahl told (his new team) the 49ers that part of the Rams' success against them last season was because they tipped their hand on offense with certain formations.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KManX89


Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 2071
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
So the Bears just traded Carimi to the Bucs for a 6th round pick next year.


Aaaaaand hesabust.

Think they'll float a 7th for Sherrod?


From what I've heard, he played at least serviceable at Guard last year for them (though every Bears fan I've met and read comments from on here said he was absolutely terrible at Right Tackle, and I sure as heck won't dispute that from watching our 2 games last year). Plus, he's a 1st round pick, so ideally one should at least give him 3 years before giving up on him. I clearly remember Falcons fans everywhere were ripping Sam Baker as being a total bust in his first 4 years in the league, too, before turning into a Pro-Bowl LT for them last year. It's amazing what a difference a year or 2 can make on a player (or in some cases, 3 or 4 years in the league, Terry Bradshaw for instance).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 9989
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
So the Bears just traded Carimi to the Bucs for a 6th round pick next year.


Aaaaaand hesabust.

Think they'll float a 7th for Sherrod?


From what I've heard, he played at least serviceable at Guard last year for them (though every Bears fan I've met and read comments from on here said he was absolutely terrible at Right Tackle, and I sure as heck won't dispute that from watching our 2 games last year). Plus, he's a 1st round pick, so ideally one should at least give him 3 years before giving up on him. I clearly remember Falcons fans everywhere were ripping Sam Baker as being a total bust in his first 4 years in the league, too, before turning into a Pro-Bowl LT for them last year. It's amazing what a difference a year or 2 can make on a player (or in some cases, 3 or 4 years in the league, Terry Bradshaw for instance).


I don't recall Baker being quite that bad though, maybe I just pay more attention to the Bears than Falcons. I do remember Packers-Bears debates on Carimi vs Sherrod. Looks like we might both lose.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajdodge09


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4645
Location: Monterey Bay
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214033/article/greg-jennings-says-feud-with-packers-rodgers-just-a-joke?


Quote:
"I have no ill feelings for anyone over there," Jennings wrote in Saturday's edition of the Pioneer Press. "We're just back and forth. (Rodgers) jokes. I joke."


This make sense. It seemed really out of character for Greg to be making those comments, but looking at it from a different perspective and knowing the relationship Rodgers and Jennings probably had I can see their comments were most likely in good fun.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 4137
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214033/article/greg-jennings-says-feud-with-packers-rodgers-just-a-joke?


Quote:
"I have no ill feelings for anyone over there," Jennings wrote in Saturday's edition of the Pioneer Press. "We're just back and forth. (Rodgers) jokes. I joke."


This make sense. It seemed really out of character for Greg to be making those comments, but looking at it from a different perspective and knowing the relationship Rodgers and Jennings probably had I can see their comments were most likely in good fun.


Either way I still hope he sucks when he puts on the awful purple thing they call a NFL jersey to the west of us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7232
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://deadspin.com/who-wants-to-go-to-jay-cutlers-80s-themed-dance-party-646651085?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Quote:
A Jay Cutler 80s themed dance party sounds exciting until you realize his idea of dancing is playing " Every Rose Has its Thorn" on repeat for six hours while he vacuums the living room.

_________________


stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pollino14


Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 16671
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stafford for another 3 years. Us Packer fans should be happy. The guy is horrible.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoPackGo


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 4703
Location: Sconnie boy
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Stafford for another 3 years. Us Packer fans should be happy. The guy is horrible.


It's kind of like the Bears with Cutler; they don't really have a choice. I wouldn't say he's horrible. Elite? No, of course not, but he's better than the bottom half of the league. The kid inherited the 0-16 team, had a horrible o-line, basically no running game since Jahvid Best went down, and outside of Calvin Johnson, has no WR worth a lick. Not to mention that absolutely atrocious defensive back end. Right now he's almost always playing from behind, throwing way too much, isn't accurate, has a terrible OL, and no running game/defense to take the pressure off. Guys like Brees can get away with tossing it up 50 times a game because of the accuracy and plethora of weapons, but Stafford is... short staffed. You need a QB to do anything in this league. If they don't pay Stafford and he leaves, then where are they? Back at square one. Not to mention he's only 25, so he still has room to grow in the position. It's a hefty sum for a guy with his track record, but it's supply and demand. I actually like the kid. If he can get a running game, shore up his decision making, and get some more weapons, he will be a good starter.
_________________

R-E-L-A-X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duff Man


Joined: 05 May 2013
Posts: 556
Location: Sveltville
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:

Also, it should be worth noting that every team in the NFC North filled their major weakness(es) in the offseason (draft or free agency): Bears with their offensive line, depth at WR, Lions with their secondary and running game, Vikes with WR depth and a hole at DT opposite Kevin Williams, us with our DL and running game, so surmise it to say that anything can happen. It should be an exciting year for NFC North fans next year.


You guys upgraded your O-line? Very Happy


I agree and have said the same thing, though. The North is gonna be an interesting division to watch this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 19 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group