Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T.I.R.T. 5.0 - O/U how many wins the Vikings have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mendeleev

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Mendeleev wrote:
The Vikings are doing an All-NFC voting thing. In one of their discussion threads, they all unanimously agreed Loadholt is better than Bulaga. Opinions?
That's not true. Bulaga wasn't even on the poll for RT because he's no longer a RT. Even in the thread, there were a couple guys calling out the posters saying that even if Bulaga was a RT still that it wouldn't be close. Hardly unanimous.
I understand their reasoning for not having Bulaga on the poll for RT, and unanimous was the wrong word. But still surprised by how many preferred Loadholt.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendeleev wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Mendeleev wrote:
The Vikings are doing an All-NFC voting thing. In one of their discussion threads, they all unanimously agreed Loadholt is better than Bulaga. Opinions?
That's not true. Bulaga wasn't even on the poll for RT because he's no longer a RT. Even in the thread, there were a couple guys calling out the posters saying that even if Bulaga was a RT still that it wouldn't be close. Hardly unanimous.
I understand their reasoning for not having Bulaga on the poll for RT, and unanimous was the wrong word. But still surprised by how many preferred Loadholt.
I was a little surprised. Bulaga has been underrated most his career by outsiders. This is his year. This year will make him a star. IF he stays healthy.

Kempes on the custom sig!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point is, if Bulaga is a LT, he shouldnt be included in RT voting. Its as simple as that.

If Bulaga was in there versus Loadholt, it would have been close. At this point, does Marshall Newhouse (or whoever the Packers RT is) have an argument against Loadholt? Probably not. Loadholt was pretty good last year, and is one of the best run blocking RTs in the league. He may always be a guy who needs Te help in pass protection, but what he does in the ground game impacts games and springs Peterson off tackle to the right, his notoriously best spot for breaking long runs.
KManX89

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll admit I was probably wrong about the Vikings dropping off this year after the draft they've had (though they're gonna need AP to play out of his mind again until Ponder learns to throw 20 yard passes worth a damn, and this is something that I don't think even Vikes fans will dispute me on), then again, there's new teams rising and dropping off from the previous year every year in the NFL (everybody was on the Jets and Eagles' bandwagon in 2011 and look what happened to both teams, while the opposite was true for San Fran and the Vikes last year), so they just may, in fact, be that "one year wonder" like the Lions were last year. Again, they don't appear to be ON PAPER at this point, but it's just that: on paper.

Also, it should be worth noting that every team in the NFC North filled their major weakness(es) in the offseason (draft or free agency): Bears with their offensive line, depth at WR, Lions with their secondary and running game, Vikes with WR depth and a hole at DT opposite Kevin Williams, us with our DL and running game, so surmise it to say that anything can happen. It should be an exciting year for NFC North fans next year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Point is, if Bulaga is a LT, he shouldnt be included in RT voting. Its as simple as that.

If Bulaga was in there versus Loadholt, it would have been close. At this point, does Marshall Newhouse (or whoever the Packers RT is) have an argument against Loadholt? Probably not. Loadholt was pretty good last year, and is one of the best run blocking RTs in the league. He may always be a guy who needs Te help in pass protection, but what he does in the ground game impacts games and springs Peterson off tackle to the right, his notoriously best spot for breaking long runs.
Load is clearly the best RT in the division with Bulaga at LT. No doubt. If Bulaga was still a RT, it would have been very close.

Kempes on the custom sig!
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Alshon can get open. He's very physical. He's a pretty unique player.

Are we watching the same guy? Alshon is a monster on 50/50 balls, but he can't separate from anybody. I wouldn't say "getting open" is one of his skills. Catching balls when covered? Very much so, but not getting open.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendeleev wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Mendeleev wrote:

I think that Vikings fans did a good job on that. Only thing that they got wrong IMO was Shields is better that Heyward and should be the number 2 corner.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Bears just traded Carimi to the Bucs for a 6th round pick next year.

R-E-L-A-X
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:

Aaaaaand hesabust.

Think they'll float a 7th for Sherrod?

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Aaaaaand hesabust.

Carimi was just despicable last year. For a "tough" guy his effort was pathetic. I thought he was going to be a good starter at right tackle, maybe guard but yuck man. Rookie injury is no excuse for playing like you don't care. Maybe the change will help his poor sensitive hurt ego.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Aaaaaand hesabust.

Carimi was just despicable last year. For a "tough" guy his effort was pathetic. I thought he was going to be a good starter at right tackle, maybe guard but yuck man. Rookie injury is no excuse for playing like you don't care. Maybe the change will help his poor sensitive hurt ego.

No, but playing for Chicago is.

<33333333
justo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the Carimi news. I'm crying Laughing Shouts to Jerry Angelo, my all time favorite Bear.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears just signed a bunch of guys...including WR Dale Moss. Lets hope he doesn't mesh well with Marshall and Jeffery. That could be one big WR core

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Vikings-made-76-million-offer-to-Mike-Wallace.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
The Vikings were known to be pursuing the free-agent wide receiver but it didn’t come down to just money. Wallace’s father Mike Wallace III tells Jim Corbett of USA Today that his son turned down a $76 million offer from the Vikings.

Wallace went to the Miami Dolphins in a $60 million, five-year contract that included $30 million guaranteed. So, it wasn’t all about the money for Wallace.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
driftwood

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Vikings-made-76-million-offer-to-Mike-Wallace.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
The Vikings were known to be pursuing the free-agent wide receiver but it didn’t come down to just money. Wallace’s father Mike Wallace III tells Jim Corbett of USA Today that his son turned down a $76 million offer from the Vikings.

Wallace went to the Miami Dolphins in a $60 million, five-year contract that included $30 million guaranteed. So, it wasn’t all about the money for Wallace.

he says he wants to play for super bowls & be well compensated...

so the vikings who are a better team than the dolphins offer him more $ & he turns it down?

what does he see in Miami other than humid weather, a bunch of fake women & no income tax?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 18 of 99

Jump to: