Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T.I.R.T. 5.0 - O/U how many wins the Vikings have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This clown won't even say Aaron's name? Okay, here's our official reason to hate him.

Quote:
BS: You played with, potentially, two Hall-of-Fame quarterbacks. Christian Ponder is trying to ascend to where they've already been. When you came here, did you have an expectation that you would have to work with Christian and tell him some things to do?

GJ: When you talk about comparing quarterbacks, it's hard to compare guys. I'll take Brett. He did it for so long. I got there in a period of time where Brett already was there (as an elite quarterback). Then the guy they have now, he sat behind Brett and he learned so much. Christian didn't really have that opportunity. He had to jump in. The way you compare them has to be a little different. The guy they have now (Rodgers) was (essentially) a veteran rookie. It's a little different, but Christian has tremendous upside. I think what I see now is a quarterback who's maturing and who's growing and wanting to learn and grow, which is huge.

Obviously intentional.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23397030/vikings-greg-jennings-christian-ponder-has-tremendous-upside?source=most_viewed

Last edited by GBPackers79 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alshon can get open. He's very physical. He's a pretty unique player.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
This clown won't even say Aaron's name? Okay, here's our official reason to hate him.

Quote:
BS: You played with, potentially, two Hall-of-Fame quarterbacks. Christian Ponder is trying to ascend to where they've already been. When you came here, did you have an expectation that you would have to work with Christian and tell him some things to do?

GJ: When you talk about comparing quarterbacks, it's hard to compare guys. I'll take Brett. He did it for so long. I got there in a period of time where Brett already was there (as an elite quarterback). Then the guy they have now, he sat behind Brett and he learned so much. Christian didn't really have that opportunity. He had to jump in. The way you compare them has to be a little different. The guy they have now (Rodgers) was (essentially) a veteran rookie. It's a little different, but Christian has tremendous upside. I think what I see now is a quarterback who's maturing and who's growing and wanting to learn and grow, which is huge.

Obviously intentional.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23397030/vikings-greg-jennings-christian-ponder-has-tremendous-upside?source=most_viewed

Salty as hell. Gonna be a down year for Greg. Sounds like the girlfriend who isn't over the relationship. Despite DD taking him under his wing, Greg Jennings never struck me as humble. None of the WR we have strike me as humble now. But they all seem selfless. Greg is [inappropriate/removed] because he finally sees what it's like to not have a HoF QB. I think his sister is more of a window to Greg than DD was ever able to be.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

Quote:

Obviously intentional.

Salty as hell. Gonna be a down year for Greg. Sounds like the girlfriend who isn't over the relationship. Despite DD taking him under his wing, Greg Jennings never struck me as humble. None of the WR we have strike me as humble now. But they all seem selfless. Greg is [inappropriate/removed] because he finally sees what it's like to not have a HoF QB. I think his sister is more of a window to Greg than DD was ever able to be.
I never had a bad feeling toward Greg until now. Very strange that he wouldn't use Aaron's name. My hope is that it's some sort of inside joke between the two. His wife didn't seem to be too happy with Jason Wilde throwing this article out there and questioning "the guy they have now", thinking Wilde is trying to create drama. But I don't know, this is pretty crappy by Greg.

Wilde posted this article http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000209710/article/james-jones-i-dont-like-jennings-since-he-left-packers?campaign=Twitter_atl where Rodgers is asked about Jennings and he said "who"? I'm thinking Jennings is a shot back at Rodgers, all meant in fun. I'm back on board with Jennings.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

i've always felt that Jordy is the most humble and salt of the earth among them.

Never thought it was even close, honestly.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one can't stand Jennings, and he's just digging a deeper hole everytime he says anything. If you have tickets to MN@GB, boo the heck out of him.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings obviously isn't my favorite player in the league after leaving for the Vikes, and I would probably never go out of my way to root for him again. However, I never thought he came off as too much of a jerk. Seemed like a pretty nice guy to me. Maybe a bit cocky, but good overall guy.

I think he's pretty much just messing around for the most part, I mean Jones said " he don't like Greg no more" as a little playful jab, but I don't think Jones meant much by it.

Other than that, I don't really care what Greg has to say about the GB Quarterback. Have fun with Ponder's deep ball, Greg. Razz

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
Mendeleev

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:

Quote:

Obviously intentional.

I really think he could be making a joke, the way Rodgers said "who?" when referring to Greg.

Does anyone remember Greg being an [inappropriate/removed] to anyone before?
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's on the Vikings now, guys. I take what he said as an insult to the Packers, me, my family, and everything that I stand for.
Mendeleev

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings are doing an All-NFC voting thing. In one of their discussion threads, they all unanimously agreed Loadholt is better than Bulaga. Opinions?
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
He's on the Vikings now, guys. I take what he said as an insult to the Packers, me, my family, and everything that I stand for.
You sound like me.... I like the new 79! But really, reading that article, Jennings wasn't tricked into an answer. Hell, he wasn't even asked who was better. He made up his mind that he was gonna lay down a few cheap shots at Green Bay and so he did it. There was nothing accidental about those comments.
HokieHigh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benedict Jennings will be remembered as "the guy who caught Favre's record breaking pass" and nothing more. That title becomes even less valuable when Aaron Rodgers surpasses Favre as the greatest Packer QB of all time in the general public's eye. IIRC Favre called Jennings special when he was a rookie - which of course is going to improve Jennings' affect towards Favre.

Like it or not, Aaron Rodgers stuck his neck out for James Jones when JJ's contract was expired. I didn't see him do that this offseason.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
Jennings obviously isn't my favorite player in the league after leaving for the Vikes, and I would probably never go out of my way to root for him again. However, I never thought he came off as too much of a jerk. Seemed like a pretty nice guy to me. Maybe a bit cocky, but good overall guy.

I think he's pretty much just messing around for the most part, I mean Jones said " he don't like Greg no more" as a little playful jab, but I don't think Jones meant much by it.

Other than that, I don't really care what Greg has to say about the GB Quarterback. Have fun with Ponder's deep ball, Greg. Razz
Pretty much agree here. Without context, which words on a piece of paper in this instance isn't going to provide the context we need, it could be anything. Jennings could have just been playing around or taking a friendly jab.

Everyone on this planet knows Ponder can't touch what Rodgers can do on the field and I think that goes without saying. Nothing Jennings said changes my opinion of him. Still was a great teammate and a great player for us. A perceived jab at our QB isn't going to change that.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendeleev wrote:
The Vikings are doing an All-NFC voting thing. In one of their discussion threads, they all unanimously agreed Loadholt is better than Bulaga. Opinions?
That's not true. Bulaga wasn't even on the poll for RT because he's no longer a RT. Even in the thread, there were a couple guys calling out the posters saying that even if Bulaga was a RT still that it wouldn't be close. Hardly unanimous.

Kempes on the custom sig!
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendeleev wrote:

Let it be. You won't get anything out of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 17 of 83

Jump to: