Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T.I.R.T. 5.0 - O/U how many wins the Vikings have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
I don't know about anyone else, but I bet the Vikings are gonna fudge it up for this draft.

I sure didn't see much "fudge" in the Vikings draft. What do you think now that the draft is over?

I liked your draft but I didn't and still don't like what the Vikings gave up to get Patterson. While the guy is talented......you need immediate production from a guy that is the definition of "raw" coming out of college.

Patterson may be raw as a pure receiver, however, he immediately gives the Vikings an explosive threat in the short area passing game. Based on his college production as a YAC receiver, he can at least come in as a rookie and do a lot of the things Harvin did for MN in the bubble screen/short area passing offense. It really doesnt take polished receiving skills to be an effective gadget receiver, and i see Patterson taking on that kind of role as a rookie and while he learns the pro game.

Whats to like about Patterson? He has the size, athleticism and explosiveness typical of an elite/highly skilled #1 WR. Whether he refines the mental aspects of his game, remains to be seen. But you have to fear Patterson as an immediate impact gadget type receiver and his speed/size alone should command some respect as a deep threat. Patterson should also return kicks, and possibly punts as a rookie.

Being raw doesnt mean Patterson cant have a significant impact as a rookie.

While MN did give up a lot in that trade and it may have been a deep receiver class, however, Patterson was truly a one of a kind prospect in this year's draft. No WR in this draft matched his combination of size, speed, explosive athletic traits and overall potential.

im probably higher on Patterson then most, i thought he was a top 10 worthy pick in this class, but thanks to teams reaching on Olineman, great talent fell to MN with Floyd, Patterson and Rhodes. (And the Packers too, I loved Datone Jones as a prospect for a 3-4 scheme and he was the only defensive player that i simply didnt want to see on the Packers).
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting fact about the "uber-athletic" Mr. Patterson.......

Chase Thomas and Tyler Bray bestest both his shuttle and three cone times at the combine.

As did Ansah, Jordan, Bostic, Escobar, Eifert and Jones (Landry not Datone, while Datone had a better shuttle time Patterson crushed him in the three cone by .04 seconds).

As did 15 of the 17 other WRs ranked in the "top 20" at the position by nfldraftscout who had times for both.

I'm not saying....I'm just saying.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I expect big things," Fairley told The Detroit News. "I am going to say we are going to the Super Bowl because I am competitive, and that is what I want for the team, and it is one of the goals. I am sure we are going to take it game by game and day by day."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9259106/nick-fairley-predicts-super-bowl-detroit-lions-2013

Can't say he doesn't lack confidence.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
I don't know about anyone else, but I bet the Vikings are gonna fudge it up for this draft.

I sure didn't see much "fudge" in the Vikings draft. What do you think now that the draft is over?

I liked your draft but I didn't and still don't like what the Vikings gave up to get Patterson. While the guy is talented......you need immediate production from a guy that is the definition of "raw" coming out of college.

Patterson may be raw as a pure receiver, however, he immediately gives the Vikings an explosive threat in the short area passing game. Based on his college production as a YAC receiver, he can at least come in as a rookie and do a lot of the things Harvin did for MN in the bubble screen/short area passing offense. It really doesnt take polished receiving skills to be an effective gadget receiver, and i see Patterson taking on that kind of role as a rookie and while he learns the pro game.

Whats to like about Patterson? He has the size, athleticism and explosiveness typical of an elite/highly skilled #1 WR. Whether he refines the mental aspects of his game, remains to be seen. But you have to fear Patterson as an immediate impact gadget type receiver and his speed/size alone should command some respect as a deep threat. Patterson should also return kicks, and possibly punts as a rookie.

Being raw doesnt mean Patterson cant have a significant impact as a rookie.

While MN did give up a lot in that trade and it may have been a deep receiver class, however, Patterson was truly a one of a kind prospect in this year's draft. No WR in this draft matched his combination of size, speed, explosive athletic traits and overall potential.

im probably higher on Patterson then most, i thought he was a top 10 worthy pick in this class, but thanks to teams reaching on Olineman, great talent fell to MN with Floyd, Patterson and Rhodes. (And the Packers too, I loved Datone Jones as a prospect for a 3-4 scheme and he was the only defensive player that i simply didnt want to see on the Packers).
He has upside but he does need a lot of work. Jennings is a great player to learn from though.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings will have 10-12 wins this year
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duff Man wrote:

MAYBE if you count pre-season.

Still doubt it.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Duff Man wrote:

Still doubt it.

I hope they do fairly well, don't want them getting anywhere near Bridgewater, picture a good QB on that team!! Shocked It won't be 09 all over but pretty close results.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont see us coming near Bridgewater territory, but a deep QB class could certainly be beneficial if MIN wants to gamble on another QB in the first round next year. Anywhere from spot 12-23 in the draft if they move up or stay put.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Duff Man wrote:

Still doubt it.

How many wins did you predict MN to have last year? Smile
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
Duff Man wrote:

Still doubt it.

How many wins did you predict MN to have last year? Smile

How many wins did Lions fans predict they'd have last year? Smile

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/11/its-vikings-mt-rushmore-nomination-time/

Favre Sharper Longwell Jennings does sound about right.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:

Chase Thomas and Tyler Bray bestest both his shuttle and three cone times at the combine.

As did Ansah, Jordan, Bostic, Escobar, Eifert and Jones (Landry not Datone, while Datone had a better shuttle time Patterson crushed him in the three cone by .04 seconds).

As did 15 of the 17 other WRs ranked in the "top 20" at the position by nfldraftscout who had times for both.

And you combine that with his poor route running ability and him being unable to learn the Tennessee playbook, I didn't have him ranked very high at all. IIRC he was my #6 WR.
Duff Man

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:

And you combine that with his poor route running ability and him being unable to learn the Tennessee playbook, I didn't have him ranked very high at all. IIRC he was my #6 WR.

lol

Interested to hear who the 5 are that you put ahead of him. IIRC, 95% of online scouting sites had Patterson as either the #1 or #2 receiver.
SDN40

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duff Man wrote:

lol

Interested to hear who the 5 are that you put ahead of him. IIRC, 95% of online scouting sites had Patterson as either the #1 or #2 receiver.

As highly rated by scouting sites as Troy Williamson ?
How does a receiver reach the college level and not be able to run routes ? Is that comparable to an offensive lineman reaching the college level and can't block ? I'm no Einstein, but if a wide receiver goes through high school and then college, and still can't run routes, he is either selfish or stupid or both. Those types of guys usually don't last very long.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
Duff Man wrote:

lol

As highly rated by scouting sites as Troy Williamson ?
How does a receiver reach the college level and not be able to run routes ? Is that comparable to an offensive lineman reaching the college level and can't block ? I'm no Einstein, but if a wide receiver goes through high school and then college, and still can't run routes, he is either selfish or stupid or both. Those types of guys usually don't last very long.

LMFAO yeah use that one example.

Watch the kid play, his route running is fine for now. Plus he has a great mentor in Jennings to help him develop along the way. Also, he'll be bringing back punts and kickoffs for TDs as a rookie so he adds great value in that department.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 10 of 99

Jump to: