You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T.I.R.T. 5.0 - O/U how many wins the Vikings have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 4473
Location: Quahog, RI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over.

They really hit their stride late in the season and I really don't understand this hate on Christian Ponder. He's a developing QB who will be a solid game manager type of QB who can make a special play here and there with his legs. Jennings is a short term investment for them and will probably come back to Green Bay at the end of his career the way Antonio Freeman did.

With a solid draft, I have 'em going 9-7 this year.

Packers 12-4
Vikings 9-7
Bears 6-10
Lions 5-11
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 4714
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hate for anything in purple does not have to be rational. It is inheritly earned when you decide to wear that color and play for that thing west of here. If the world is right, Ponder will fail as long as he plays in purple. It is the way things should be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 10197
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis the season that everybody thinks that the Packers will fade to the bottom of the NFCN. Laughing I really think the Bears and Vikings are in for a regression, you can't stay that healthy forever and I see both teams as having poor to horrible depth. But everybody gets all up in arms when I say thier team will regress because they signed free agents so obviously they will win more games Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 10197
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Packers 12-4
Vikings 9-7
Bears 6-10
Lions 5-11

Packers 12-4
Lions 10-6
Vikings 6-10
Bears 5-11
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BadgerBoy001


Joined: 08 Oct 2012
Posts: 379
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers 11-5
Vikings 9-7
Lions 8-8
Bears 7-9
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheGreatZepp


Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Posts: 2894
Location: Brookfield, WI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
Is it just me, or does anybody else think the bears, lions, and Vikings are going to have some very nice draft picks this year. Wouldn't be shocked to see them pick: Fisher (DET), Ogletree(chi), a.brown & sly Williams (minn).

Would be some nice picks that improve their teams a lot...

well the Lions in recent years have had some nice picks, however they more often went with the guy that was sliding because of risks more often then not and that has come back to bite them more then a few times.

The Vikings had a strong draft last year, but had a very mixed bag prior to that.

The Bears, I'm not sold on the drafting abilities of their new GM, only one year in but I thought last year had too many positional misfits for what they run and they used a high pick to acquire Marshall.

So really when it comes to my confidence that the NFCN rivals have strong drafts, I'm skeptical.

Minnesota should be in a great position for their needs with LB's, DE's DT's, WR's, CB's all possibly sitting there at their slots, there's good chance the value meets the road for them. Good slots to be looking to for players for their 4-3 scheme.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 10197
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see the Vikings being good at all. It took an all universe season from Adrian Peterson, and their O-line having 0 injuries, plus playing a softer schedule to have them sneak into the playoffs. I see them as a Kansas City type deal, they make it on a fluke one year and regress back to form. When I look at their roster I see a team that should lose about 10 games and we shouldn't have any problem with them as long as we are not completely decimated by injuries. Now the Lions, I think they will be an actual threat and probably make the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 10197
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
Is it just me, or does anybody else think the bears, lions, and Vikings are going to have some very nice draft picks this year. Wouldn't be shocked to see them pick: Fisher (DET), Ogletree(chi), a.brown & sly Williams (minn).

Would be some nice picks that improve their teams a lot...

well the Lions in recent years have had some nice picks, however they more often went with the guy that was sliding because of risks more often then not and that has come back to bite them more then a few times.

The Vikings had a strong draft last year, but had a very mixed bag prior to that.

The Bears, I'm not sold on the drafting abilities of their new GM, only one year in but I thought last year had too many positional misfits for what they run and they used a high pick to acquire Marshall.

So really when it comes to my confidence that the NFCN rivals have strong drafts, I'm skeptical.

Minnesota should be in a great position for their needs with LB's, DE's DT's, WR's, CB's all possibly sitting there at their slots, there's good chance the value meets the road for them. Good slots to be looking to for players for their 4-3 scheme.
I still don't see what people see in the Vikings draft. They had 2 first rounders, just because they didn't royally screw them up their class gets considered good. Kalil was good and so was Smith but Josh Robinson, Greg Childs, Robert Blanton, Rhett Ellison, what did they do? Plus people act like Jarius Wright is some kind of proven star in the slot, I'll wait before I say that. Oh and Applause they got a kicker.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bears2308


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 2469
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Emery is a bad GM because he used a "high" pick to acquire Marshall? We stole him from Miami. We don't lose any key players besides Urlacher who was a shell of his former self but add two of our biggest needs in Martellus and Bushrod yet we are going to go 6-10 or 5-11.

Packer fans... Cool

I still think the Packers are the favorite to win the division but don't expect the Bears to be far behind. It's the Vikings that'll regress.


Last edited by bears2308 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bears2308


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 2469
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Tis the season that everybody thinks that the Packers will fade to the bottom of the NFCN. Laughing I really think the Bears and Vikings are in for a regression, you can't stay that healthy forever and I see both teams as having poor to horrible depth. But everybody gets all up in arms when I say thier team will regress because they signed free agents so obviously they will win more games Rolling Eyes


Not sure how you can say the Bears have poor to horrible depth when we added a lot and let little go yet you lose Jennings and Woodson? Talk about an unknowledgeable bias post!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheGreatZepp


Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Posts: 2894
Location: Brookfield, WI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
So Emery is a bad GM because he used a "high" pick to acquire Marshall? We stole him from Miami. We don't lose any key players besides Urlacher who was a shell of his former self but add two of our biggest needs in Martellus and Bushrod yet we are going to go 6-10 or 5-11.

Packer fans... Cool

I still think the Packers are the favorite to win the division but don't expect the Bears to be far behind. It's the Vikings that'll regress.
Well I did a poor job fulling completing my thought, when I mentioned using a high pick on Marshall, it was to further show that Emery's sample size in the draft is pretty much negligible.

Don't get too arrogant, Bushrod is going to be no savior unless the offense adopts Sean Payton's quick fire offense. You say your only real loss is an old Urlacher, but you assume Peppers, Briggs and Peanut who are all 32 won't lose a step(Charles Woodson lost his wheels to play on the outside at 33-34). Arguably the defense consistently overachieved with Lovie, his downfall however was he couldn't mount an offense to save his life. So what is really the spark that will boost the offense? The interior of the line is still leaving a lot to be desired and Garza is at the end of a long career. Carimi, whatever happened to him may the injury ruined the potential but he's a questionable starter even as a guard. Webb was the best lineman last year and he is getting moved to make room for Bushrod. Bennett provides something that stone hands Kellen Davis and his kin couldn't but he's had his own inconsistencies. Forte needs space to flourish and the line still hasn't shown it can give him any of that up the middle.

Too think the team is going to improve off last years 10 wins is optimistic, they'll be lucky to repeat those 10.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kal-El


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 4648
Location: Milwaukee, WI. Team: Packers.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
We don't lose any key players besides Urlacher who was a shell of his former self but add two of our biggest needs in Martellus and Bushrod yet we are going to go 6-10 or 5-11.

Packer fans... Cool


It's never that simple in football.

A team can look better on paper than the last season, only to stagnate or regress the next year, and find themselves in "rebuilding" mode only two years later.

Personally, I think the Bears do about the same, give or take 1 win.
_________________
ATTN: Feds -- shut down PFF!!

[quote="Macc_Aviv"](Mike Daniels) rushes the passer to get from point A to point B. Walking doesn't suit his personality.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 10197
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Tis the season that everybody thinks that the Packers will fade to the bottom of the NFCN. Laughing I really think the Bears and Vikings are in for a regression, you can't stay that healthy forever and I see both teams as having poor to horrible depth. But everybody gets all up in arms when I say thier team will regress because they signed free agents so obviously they will win more games Rolling Eyes


Not sure how you can say the Bears have poor to horrible depth when we added a lot and let little go yet you lose Jennings and Woodson? Talk about an unknowledgeable bias post!
Um, yeah, because Jennings and Woodson were such a HUGE part of our team last year Rolling Eyes I forgot just how dominant Martellus Bennett is, how on earth will we ever figure out how to cover him? And Jermon Bushrod how could I forget you signed a top 3 LT in the NFL? Oh, wait.... Sorry man, I see a poor football team. I have 0 reason to think that the current GM will be any better than the last one. Shea McClellin? Alshon Jeffery? Brandon Hardin? Very meh, I didn't like them before the draft and none of them did anything to impress me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 18592
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Tis the season that everybody thinks that the Packers will fade to the bottom of the NFCN. Laughing I really think the Bears and Vikings are in for a regression, you can't stay that healthy forever and I see both teams as having poor to horrible depth. But everybody gets all up in arms when I say thier team will regress because they signed free agents so obviously they will win more games Rolling Eyes


Not sure how you can say the Bears have poor to horrible depth when we added a lot and let little go yet you lose Jennings and Woodson? Talk about an unknowledgeable bias post!


BIASED!!!

Bears fans Not talking
_________________

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 10197
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Tis the season that everybody thinks that the Packers will fade to the bottom of the NFCN. Laughing I really think the Bears and Vikings are in for a regression, you can't stay that healthy forever and I see both teams as having poor to horrible depth. But everybody gets all up in arms when I say thier team will regress because they signed free agents so obviously they will win more games Rolling Eyes


Not sure how you can say the Bears have poor to horrible depth when we added a lot and let little go yet you lose Jennings and Woodson? Talk about an unknowledgeable bias post!


BIASED!!!

Bears fans Not talking
Shame on you
Don't group all of them. But to slam me while saying Jennings and Woodson are big losses Laughing Just a clown post. Just because I think the Bears will be a bad football team because they are old, lost their leader on defense and have a terrible O-line then I am the bad guy for being realistic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 2 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group