You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T.I.R.T. 5.0 - O/U how many wins the Vikings have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vikingsrule


Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 52626
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Who actually buys tickets in person Shocked


viking fans who want the best seats.
The ticket window gets a 1 hour head start on the internet sales so they get a shot at seats before everybody else.

The apathy is understandably embarrassing...


Won't be an issue in the new stadium. I understand the excitement might be subdued because we're playing at TCF for a couple years.


Right, lets not forget that TCF only holds around 50K. I'd imagine there arent many single game tickets available to begin with since season ticket holders probably got dibs in the temporary home.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shanedorf


Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Posts: 1583
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Right, lets not forget that TCF only holds around 50K. I'd imagine there aren't many single game tickets available to begin with since season ticket holders probably got dibs in the temporary home.


Given that scarcity, wouldn't avid fans want the 1 hour head start over the internet sales ?
.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kampman74


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 9765
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Right, lets not forget that TCF only holds around 50K. I'd imagine there aren't many single game tickets available to begin with since season ticket holders probably got dibs in the temporary home.


Given that scarcity, wouldn't avid fans want the 1 hour head start over the internet sales ?
.



Well to be fair to Vikes fans, ticket prices are going up and who is making more money? I hate the Vikes as much as the next Green and Gold blooded person, but they are the hottest ticket in town and will be maybe until the Wild go deep into the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cpnesdude41


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 1607
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought this was a little interesting...

The # of players that are 32+ years of age in the NFC North.

Vikings - 4

Lions - 3

Packers - 1 (Peppers)

And the Bears.... 10
_________________
clown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TENINCH


Joined: 29 Apr 2014
Posts: 6626
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
Thought this was a little interesting...

The # of players that are 32+ years of age in the NFC North.

Vikings - 4

Lions - 3

Packers - 1 (Peppers)

And the Bears.... 10



For the Vikings one is our long snapper and Joe Berger has a good chance of being cut.

Crocker and Cassel will make the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cpnesdude41


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 1607
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
Thought this was a little interesting...

The # of players that are 32+ years of age in the NFC North.

Vikings - 4

Lions - 3

Packers - 1 (Peppers)

And the Bears.... 10



For the Vikings one is our long snapper and Joe Berger has a good chance of being cut.

Crocker and Cassel will make the team.


The Bears also seem to have a couple guys whom won't make the cut. Still interesting that they have more than the rest of the division combined, even at this point.
_________________
clown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 49485
Location: mike23md on the dope sig
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cpnesdude41The Bears also seem to have a couple guys whom won't make the cut. Still interesting that they have more than the rest of the division combined, even at this point.[/quote]

That has a strong correlationt to the fact that the Packers have more draft picks as a general rule of thumb. This past draft, the Packers made nine selections, the Bears made 8, the Lions made 8, and the Vikings made 10. And you could look at previous years, and the result is the same.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
fortdetroit


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 2143
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
Thought this was a little interesting...

The # of players that are 32+ years of age in the NFC North.

Vikings - 4

Lions - 3

Packers - 1 (Peppers)

And the Bears.... 10


And they are depending on a lot of those guys as defensive STARTERS too......

According to this unofficial depth chart for the Bears (http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/CHI) the starters over 32 are Garza (35, offense), and then on defense you have Ratliff (32), Allen (32), Williams (32), Briggs (33), and Tillman (33) as starters 32 or older. Adrian Wilson (age 34) could also end up starting at safety for them and I believe was working as the 1st string safety the other day. That's A LOT of old starters for the defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 16101
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julius Peppers has a very good chance of being the final Packer that is older than me, ever.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tongue-Splitter


Joined: 30 Aug 2013
Posts: 7601
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that's more worried about the Vikings than either the Lions or Bears? Lions and Bears will always be held back because of their alleged franchise quarterbacks and their current lack of a good combination of pass rush / secondary.

The Vikings could have an excellent pass rush / secondary combination. Bryan Robison, Linval Joseph, Sharrif Floyd, Everson Griffin are all candidates for breakout years, and Anthony Barr could have a breakout rookie season as a pass rusher.

In the secondary they have Captain Munnerlyn and Xavier Rhodes at corner and Harrison Smith at safety. Couple all that with Zimmer, and that could be a pretty dominant pass rush / secondary. I'm not worried about any of their quarterbacks, and the Lions and Bears obviously have better quarterbacks on paper, but even if Bridgewater had a Russel Wilson type first year I could see the Lions getting ten wins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cpnesdude41


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 1607
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdetroit wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
Thought this was a little interesting...

The # of players that are 32+ years of age in the NFC North.

Vikings - 4

Lions - 3

Packers - 1 (Peppers)

And the Bears.... 10


And they are depending on a lot of those guys as defensive STARTERS too......

According to this unofficial depth chart for the Bears (http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/CHI) the starters over 32 are Garza (35, offense), and then on defense you have Ratliff (32), Allen (32), Williams (32), Briggs (33), and Tillman (33) as starters 32 or older. Adrian Wilson (age 34) could also end up starting at safety for them and I believe was working as the 1st string safety the other day. That's A LOT of old starters for the defense.


Chicago news channels' sports report had him on the outside looking in, even behind MD Jennings. FWIW
_________________
clown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 13518
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue-Splitter wrote:
Am I the only one that's more worried about the Vikings than either the Lions or Bears? Lions and Bears will always be held back because of their alleged franchise quarterbacks and their current lack of a good combination of pass rush / secondary.

The Vikings could have an excellent pass rush / secondary combination. Bryan Robison, Linval Joseph, Sharrif Floyd, Everson Griffin are all candidates for breakout years, and Anthony Barr could have a breakout rookie season as a pass rusher.

In the secondary they have Captain Munnerlyn and Xavier Rhodes at corner and Harrison Smith at safety. Couple all that with Zimmer, and that could be a pretty dominant pass rush / secondary. I'm not worried about any of their quarterbacks, and the Lions and Bears obviously have better quarterbacks on paper, but even if Bridgewater had a Russel Wilson type first year I could see the Lions getting ten wins.


Their awful at QB, 2 of 5 secondary spots, and LB. Not just regular awful, but advanced awful.

You say they're poised to break out along the defensive line, but all that means is that they haven't really become plus players at the pro level yet. Floyd looks like nothing special and Griffen has played enough the previous few seasons to know what he is. Linval Joseph is very good and Robison is a solid starter at LDE, but neither guy is a premier pass rusher.
_________________
BroncoinGermany wrote:
From the day he was born and subsequently starting to grow into his short neck, round face, scruffy beard and pale face, Bulaga was destined to be a Packers O-Linemen for life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPACKMAN4LIFE


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 18605
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/JasonPhilCole/status/496675231407570945

Quote:
#bears have fined and suspended Martellus Bennett for undetermined time for conduct detrimental to team, GM Phil Emery announces.


This stems from a scuffle yesterday with rookie CB Kyle Fuller.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24648778/video-bears-te-martellus-bennett-slams-teammate-down-during-fight
_________________
Heimdallr wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Is our defense this bad or AR12 this good?

yes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 13518
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bennetts issues extend far beyond that fight with Fuller. That's a difficult personality at the best of times. With how little emphasis is being placed on him, these outbursts aren't surprising.
_________________
BroncoinGermany wrote:
From the day he was born and subsequently starting to grow into his short neck, round face, scruffy beard and pale face, Bulaga was destined to be a Packers O-Linemen for life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 13518
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Jones, way to put your best foot forward. Good work.
_________________
BroncoinGermany wrote:
From the day he was born and subsequently starting to grow into his short neck, round face, scruffy beard and pale face, Bulaga was destined to be a Packers O-Linemen for life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 97 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group