Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

J-Deere's newest Bengal mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: J-Deere's newest Bengal mock Reply with quote

1. DJ Fluker RT
2. DJ Swearinger S
2. Sio Moore LB
3. Andre Ellington RB
4. Corey Fuller WR
5. Jon Bostic MLB
6. Theo Riddick RB
6. Armonty Bryant DE
7. Jordan Rodgers QB
7. Johnny Adams CB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not on Fluker, but if Andre seems content to wait until after the draft to drive up his price, maybe.

I love Moore and Ellington. Swearinger might be there when the run on safeties starts. I like Bostic there as well.

Sell me on Fuller.
ark23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan. I think we go QB earlier and I'm not sure Jordan Rodgers is even an upgrade on Zac Robinson but other than that it's solid. I actually don't like Fluker at RT (slow feet, uncomfortable in space, doesn't mirror well/redirect quickly) but I think he'll be an elite guard in the NFL. I'm confident he'll be the pick at 21 if Andre isn't resigned however.

Love all the other picks. One I'll point out in particular is Corey Fuller. Smooth WR, ran really well, tracks the football well in the air and is someone who I think will be a better pro than college player.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Fuller has great potential opposite Green as an X type receiver. He's got great speed and like ark said tracks the ball really well. Could be a Dez Briscoe type scenario though in the end...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the sexiest draft but I think it really helps this team

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. Don't like it, too hipster for me...
ark23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
I think Fuller has great potential opposite Green as an X type receiver. He's got great speed and like ark said tracks the ball really well. Could be a Dez Briscoe type scenario though in the end...

Exactly and his story is pretty great. Was actually at Kansas (like Briscoe) but he didn't play football, was a sprinter/long jumper and a good one at that. Transferred to Va. Tech, walked on and earned his way onto the team. This past year, his SR season was the first of his college career where he really got on the field. And he impressed me more than his more hyped teammate Marcus Davis. Great athlete, smooth player and you know he's a hard worker. Didn't even play wideout in high school either.

I like that he can play both as a slot receiver or an x/split end opposite A.J. He reminds me a lot of Damian Williams out of USC a couple years ago, who didn't test as well as Fuller did actually but obviously had a lot more hype and production coming out and went in the third round. I think Fuller is in that third/fourth round range. I love the way he works. Not a great blocker, but he puts in great effort and has a mean streak on the outside. For a guy without a big frame he is unafraid of going over the middle, doesn't get alligator arms - just a versatile receiver. Changes directions well too.

To me he has the potential to be a really good receiver if he can refine his route running and attack the football more in the air. Never gonna be a guy who can win one v one jump balls or physically dominate guys but as a #2 receiver opposite A.J. he's got value. I'd love to take him or Connor Vernon in the mid rounds of this draft.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Meh. Don't like it, too hipster for me...

well you can just go home

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

Not saying the team won't draft another WR, but at the same time i get the feeling they're very very very comfortable with Mo Sanu and Marvin Jones sharing the #2 role.

But like i said, they very well could draft another receiver. It'd be fine with me. Personally, i'd love for them to draft a guy that can step in as a #5 and be a good KR too. Then maybe work his way onto the field as a WR over the next 2-3 years.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: