Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers re-sign former Broncos 2nd round pick DB Darcel McBath

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: 49ers re-sign former Broncos 2nd round pick DB Darcel McBath Reply with quote

Quote:
49ers agreed to terms on one-year contract with S Darcel McBath, who the 49ers did not tender as a restricted free agent, source said.

http://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/statuses/314851892956127232
Tom Brady Tribute
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought dahl was to replace him? So is it a competition between the two? But idk with the length of dahls contract with the gtd and signing bonus.
Should be interesting.

Hopefully he proves we don't need dahl in camp. Help keep some of the comps Smile

new sig... sorry alex
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
I thought dahl was to replace him? So is it a competition between the two? But idk with the length of dahls contract with the gtd and signing bonus.
Should be interesting.

Hopefully he proves we don't need dahl in camp. Help keep some of the comps Smile

Almost certainly means a high pick on a S who will compete with the veterans, Spiller, Dahl, McBath, Robinson and a new guy. One will likely be let go.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Should be interesting.

Almost certainly means a high pick on a S who will compete with the veterans, Spiller, Dahl, McBath, Robinson and a new guy. One will likely be let go.

unless baalke, harbaugh, donatel and fangio completely misjudged the safeties in this class, i don't think there's any way that whoever we draft doesn't start going into the year. sure, it'll be an open competition, but i can't see a safety we pick at 31 or 34 (if that's when we pick a safety) not getting the start over those guys. Dahl is terrible, spillman is more of a special teams ace. Mcbath i thought had talent, and i thought that the coaching staff had favored him to one day be a potential starter, so he could have a shot i think. Unfortunately, i think Robinson is the odd man out and is the one cut if we end up drafting a safety.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: