Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers sign former Dolphins, 49ers WR Ted Ginn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
It'd be awesome if Ted Ginn just somehow turned into a worth the #9 pick receiver for us but Haruki Nakamura becoming a good safety is probably more likely than that.

I mean he was in Miami and San Fran, other than Moss there was really no vet WR to help groom him. Smith can easily turn him around.

Plus Newton is probably the best QB he's had, I mean by the time Kaepernick came in he was already down the depth chart.

Agreed he was rarely used as a wr in San Fran

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
boondock

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
It'd be awesome if Ted Ginn just somehow turned into a worth the #9 pick receiver for us but Haruki Nakamura becoming a good safety is probably more likely than that.

I mean he was in Miami and San Fran, other than Moss there was really no vet WR to help groom him. Smith can easily turn him around.

Plus Newton is probably the best QB he's had, I mean by the time Kaepernick came in he was already down the depth chart.

At the same time, I don't feel like he was worth the #9 pick to begin with.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

At the same time, I don't feel like he was worth the #9 pick to begin with.

No way, I think everyone was shocked by that pick.

SuperCam Career stat track.
48 GP
11,299 Pass Yards
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
89 06 MVP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is clearly a ST move I don't expect to see him on the field as a WR.
PanthersForever

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ted Ginn Jr. brings anything to the passing game in Carolina, then Dave Gettelman is a genius.
Moody

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like his value for us. Keep testing Joe Adams and maybe Ginn can teach him how to be a pro return man. He's a pretty safe player and can still make big plays.

Ginn might not have lived up to his draft pick but he's still a solid player.
PanthersForever

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
I like his value for us. Keep testing Joe Adams and maybe Ginn can teach him how to be a pro return man. He's a pretty safe player and can still make big plays.

Ginn might not have lived up to his draft pick but he's still a solid player.

Oh absolutely, I personally love this signing for the Panthers. I feel that Ted Ginn Jr. solidifies our return game. He gives us a return man who is a true threat every time he touches the ball. I think the Panthers have only had two of those ever in their history, Steve Smith and Michael Bates.

Ginn Jr. signing also helps to consolidate the wr/kr position for the Panthers, it seems that everyone already knows Edwards, Pilares, and Adams all basically bring the same thing to the table, which is, not much in the passing game, and, a...slightly decent return game? (I think that's being generous.) Ted Ginn Jr. is more established and talented than any of those 3 players, and they're either going to have to show something in the passing game, or the Panthers can show them the door. Which in the long-run opens up roster spots for more talent.

I like Dave Gettleman so far. These one year contracts force players to maintain a high performance level in order to maintain a high level of pay. I still feel like this signing does not address the passing game at all though. If Ginn contributes to that, then this is an incredible signing.
shaX 07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Steve Smith.
2. ?
3. Brandon LaFell
4. Ted Ginn

If we draft Tavon Austin to fill out that #2 WR role, I would feel very good about our offense this year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
1. Steve Smith.
2. ?
3. Brandon LaFell
4. Ted Ginn

If we draft Tavon Austin to fill out that #2 WR role, I would feel very good about our offense this year.

You'd feel good about having three midgets and one tall guy to get stuff off the high shelves? We need a #1, not yet another slot receiver.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
atown703

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
1. Steve Smith.
2. ?
3. Brandon LaFell
4. Ted Ginn

You'd feel good about having three midgets and one tall guy to get stuff off the high shelves? We need a #1, not yet another slot receiver.
Laughing

PSN id - Kemikalmbalinsce
shaX 07

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
1. Steve Smith.
2. ?
3. Brandon LaFell
4. Ted Ginn

It sounds like you've got a better idea, so lets hear it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
1. Steve Smith.
2. ?
3. Brandon LaFell
4. Ted Ginn

Well, if you want a round 1 option, Patterson. We need a tall, future #1 WR with redzone capabilities. Or if round 2, Hopkins, Dobson, Patton, or any other of the myriad WR in this draft.

Austin is very talented, but not what we need.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
shaX 07

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
1. Steve Smith.
2. ?
3. Brandon LaFell
4. Ted Ginn

Well, if you want a round 1 option, Patterson. We need a tall, future #1 WR with redzone capabilities. Or if round 2, Hopkins, Dobson, Patton, or any other of the myriad WR in this draft.

Austin is very talented, but not what we need.

You say that because we have Steve Smith on the Roster. The way I see it? Smitty has a 7 Mil cap hit next year, which means if he has decent production this year, we'll certainly keep him around for that type of money.

In 2015 and 2016, he has cap figures of 10 and 12 million, respectively. I'm no NFL GM or anything but I would say that we are likely to either ask him to take less money at that point in his career, or Gettleman may decide it's time for him to go. That is the nature of the NFL.

So Yes, with our current WR core, Patterson seems to make more sense, but does he for the long haul? 2-3 years from now, who will be the better WR? Patterson or Austin?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theodore will be wearing #19

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Cypher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
You say that because we have Steve Smith on the Roster. The way I see it? Smitty has a 7 Mil cap hit next year, which means if he has decent production this year, we'll certainly keep him around for that type of money.

In 2015 and 2016, he has cap figures of 10 and 12 million, respectively. I'm no NFL GM or anything but I would say that we are likely to either ask him to take less money at that point in his career, or Gettleman may decide it's time for him to go. That is the nature of the NFL.

So Yes, with our current WR core, Patterson seems to make more sense, but does he for the long haul? 2-3 years from now, who will be the better WR? Patterson or Austin?

From this draft? Go ahead, sig me, neither Patterson or Austin will be the best receiver from this class. It'll either be Hopkins, Allen or Woods, with a very small outside chance of Rogers. Austin and Patterson simply aren't that much better than the second round crop.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron

Last edited by Cypher on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: