Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ogletree at 19?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ottawagiants10 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
ottawagiants10 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
ottawagiants10 wrote:
I don't see why people love Carradine so much. Almost every year Florida State puts out busts at the DE position. Carradine was the second or third best DE on his own team. Plus for a guy with his size he plays the run as if he weighs 200 pounds. Just watch the Florida, Clemson and even Miami game. Makes Osi look like Strahan in his prime playing the run. To me he is worth the risk in the second round but with all of his flaws and coming off a major injury I wouldn't touch him in the first.

Try first, before he was injured. Had sacks in both games against Clemson and Miami. One of his worst games was against Florida, where he only had .5 sacks, but for the record, Werner only had 6 games this year out of 14 that he recorded a sack. Carradine is top 10 talk and the best 4-3 pass rusher before his injury, and now that he is healthy, or at least very close, would be a steal at 19. Keep the bandwagon growing boys i love it Smile

Jamal Reynolds
Andre Wadsworth
Alonzo Jackson
Everette Brown
Kamerion Wimbley

All "Dominating" pass rushers to come out of Florida State in the past decade. All Busts with the Exception of Wimbley. He has had 2 good years and a bunch of average to bad years. Florida State DE's are like late 90's/early 2000's Florida WR's. They keep pumping them out and they keep busting. I'm not guaranteeing that Tank is going to bust, I just don't think he is worth the risk at 19. I watched a lot of Florida State games and sure he made some flash plays but I also saw him get run over completely on so many rush plays, and he never had to take on the double team due to the talent around him.

So you're going to ignore film and production (stats) and not take him at a certain spot, despite him being the best 4-3 pass rushing talent in the class, just because players before him didn't play up to expectations? You can't look at it that way. Reynolds and Wadsworth both suffered with injuries early in their careers, while Everette Browns physical attributes were a concern prior to the draft. Carradine is still raw, but has all the physical attributes do be dominant in the NFL. He was not the 3rd best DE on Florida St. Not only was he the most dominant DE on the team, but he was the best end in college football, on a 4-3 scale.
minutemancl wrote:
You guys are going to be disappointed when neither Tank nor Ogletree are the pick.

Who's going to be the pick then?

I'm not ignoring film and production. As I stated I have watched a lot of Florida State games. You seem to be breezing over the fact that he is a human sieve as a run player, as the film shows. The film also shows Bjorn getting the majority of the double teams and slide protections. The fact that I brought up Florida State DE failing is because almost every year they have a hyped up player that fails in the pro's. There is a cause for concern there. Of course he can become the Aaron Roger's/ Jeff Tedford of Florida State DE's, I personally just don't see it and think #19 is too high of a risk. You might also want to back off on the best end in college football on a 4-3 end. Guy's like Clowney, Moore and even Bjorn might take offense.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but I definitely disagree. I definetely disagree with the double-teaming comment, because Carradine was double-teamed just as much as Bjoern Werner was, if not more often. Carradine is impressively productive against the double-team as well. And while pass-rushing is his strength, which is always good coming in as a DE prospect, he's physical and productive against the run, and I can have pretty much every scouting report to make me up on that one. Like I said earlier, he's raw, not very experienced, but so was JPP and look how he ended up. Tank has all the attributes to be an elite pass rusher and you can't pass on him just because a few players within the decade didn't play up to potential from Florida State. Just seems like the perfect Giants pick IMO, especially with Osi leaving and Tuck's production uncertain.
D. Lawrence, J. Matthews, W. Richburg, J. Amaro, J. Attaochu, D. Adams
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It came out after the combine that Jarvis Jones was misdiagnosed and it was probably just a spinal contusion and his spine is fine now. But that was the opinion of one doctor, and I imagine he will go through 10000 more doctors prior to draft day.
I don't think he would make it past pittsburgh but if he is there at 15 or 16, why not trade up? He is an animal to say the least. But if he falls that far, who else would fall? Prince fell to us due to workout concerns. So I'm sure concern over a misdiagnosed misdiagnosis could cause Jarvis to fall. I don't know if I mentioned but he ran a 4.9 at his pro day. He had to have a bad day. He plays much faster.

And very few players are considered a truly safe pick. Every player has a solid bust potential, IMO.
tonynygiants10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
ottawagiants10 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
ottawagiants10 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
ottawagiants10 wrote:
I don't see why people love Carradine so much. Almost every year Florida State puts out busts at the DE position. Carradine was the second or third best DE on his own team. Plus for a guy with his size he plays the run as if he weighs 200 pounds. Just watch the Florida, Clemson and even Miami game. Makes Osi look like Strahan in his prime playing the run. To me he is worth the risk in the second round but with all of his flaws and coming off a major injury I wouldn't touch him in the first.

Try first, before he was injured. Had sacks in both games against Clemson and Miami. One of his worst games was against Florida, where he only had .5 sacks, but for the record, Werner only had 6 games this year out of 14 that he recorded a sack. Carradine is top 10 talk and the best 4-3 pass rusher before his injury, and now that he is healthy, or at least very close, would be a steal at 19. Keep the bandwagon growing boys i love it Smile

Jamal Reynolds
Andre Wadsworth
Alonzo Jackson
Everette Brown
Kamerion Wimbley

All "Dominating" pass rushers to come out of Florida State in the past decade. All Busts with the Exception of Wimbley. He has had 2 good years and a bunch of average to bad years. Florida State DE's are like late 90's/early 2000's Florida WR's. They keep pumping them out and they keep busting. I'm not guaranteeing that Tank is going to bust, I just don't think he is worth the risk at 19. I watched a lot of Florida State games and sure he made some flash plays but I also saw him get run over completely on so many rush plays, and he never had to take on the double team due to the talent around him.

So you're going to ignore film and production (stats) and not take him at a certain spot, despite him being the best 4-3 pass rushing talent in the class, just because players before him didn't play up to expectations? You can't look at it that way. Reynolds and Wadsworth both suffered with injuries early in their careers, while Everette Browns physical attributes were a concern prior to the draft. Carradine is still raw, but has all the physical attributes do be dominant in the NFL. He was not the 3rd best DE on Florida St. Not only was he the most dominant DE on the team, but he was the best end in college football, on a 4-3 scale.
minutemancl wrote:
You guys are going to be disappointed when neither Tank nor Ogletree are the pick.

Who's going to be the pick then?

I'm not ignoring film and production. As I stated I have watched a lot of Florida State games. You seem to be breezing over the fact that he is a human sieve as a run player, as the film shows. The film also shows Bjorn getting the majority of the double teams and slide protections. The fact that I brought up Florida State DE failing is because almost every year they have a hyped up player that fails in the pro's. There is a cause for concern there. Of course he can become the Aaron Roger's/ Jeff Tedford of Florida State DE's, I personally just don't see it and think #19 is too high of a risk. You might also want to back off on the best end in college football on a 4-3 end. Guy's like Clowney, Moore and even Bjorn might take offense.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but I definitely disagree. I definetely disagree with the double-teaming comment, because Carradine was double-teamed just as much as Bjoern Werner was, if not more often. Carradine is impressively productive against the double-team as well. And while pass-rushing is his strength, which is always good coming in as a DE prospect, he's physical and productive against the run, and I can have pretty much every scouting report to make me up on that one. Like I said earlier, he's raw, not very experienced, but so was JPP and look how he ended up. Tank has all the attributes to be an elite pass rusher and you can't pass on him just because a few players within the decade didn't play up to potential from Florida State. Just seems like the perfect Giants pick IMO, especially with Osi leaving and Tuck's production uncertain.

I would perfer tank at 19
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonynygiants10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:

Ctfu yea that's y they call him tank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: