Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ogletree at 19?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the red flags. They won't stop us. Hosley had them and hes doing good. Bradshaw had them. He turned out just fine. We have a solid locker room.
On a side note, Jarvis Jones 40 was a 4.9 at his pro day. Now "draft experts" are saying he will slip out of first round. I don't care what his 40 was, if you see his tape he is an animal. Now his spinal condition is being declared a misdiagnosis... If he's there at 19 he would almost certainly be BPA. Not sure where we could play him though.
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until Boothe is signed, there is a decent chance we go best OL available in the first.

If I were placing my money on a position we draft at 19, I think its along the DL, though I don't believe that is nearly our biggest need.

As good as Rhodes looks, I REALLY don't see us going CB in the first round this year. It's not our style and we have quite a few CBs on the roster already (though most of us dont think they should be on the team Wink ).

If we do go OL at 19, I doubt it will be Fluker. I'm still hoping Richardson falls to us.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
Until Boothe is signed, there is a decent chance we go best OL available in the first.

If I were placing my money on a position we draft at 19, I think its along the DL, though I don't believe that is nearly our biggest need.

As good as Rhodes looks, I REALLY don't see us going CB in the first round this year. It's not our style and we have quite a few CBs on the roster already (though most of us dont think they should be on the team Wink ).

If we do go OL at 19, I doubt it will be Fluker. I'm still hoping Richardson falls to us.

If Rhodes is there I couldnt see Reese passing on him. Anyway, Give me Tank in the first and Brown in the Second=]
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really our style, but chiefs are wanting a 2nd round pick this year and a pick next year for Brandon Albert. Although we have our LT of the future in Beatty. Albert is solid himself. We don't have the money to pay him either way.

I vote no, but a 2nd round and possible mid round next year for an established LT isn't bad.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some thoughts. We have nothing resembling cap space for Albert. I think we go BPA Defense with DE most likely in Round 1, maybe int OL in Round 2. I would love to have Werner or Carradine. I'm not a big fan of Fluker or Ogletree in Round 1. Ogletree doesn't seem much different than what JWill can bring. Jarvis Jones would be great as he is a playmaker. He can play an Elephant SLB like Kiwi did the last few years. If he falls, I have a hard time seeing him fall below Pitt, I'd love the pick.
dkebones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, i must've been living under a rock for the last week cause i totally missed the whole misdiagnosis thing. that's balls crazy. and i don't care where or how he might fit right now, but if he's there there is no way you can't take him. dude is a freak, and after this news, how would he not be back up in top-10 talk??
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fracdaddy14 wrote:
Some thoughts. We have nothing resembling cap space for Albert. I think we go BPA Defense with DE most likely in Round 1, maybe int OL in Round 2. I would love to have Werner or Carradine. I'm not a big fan of Fluker or Ogletree in Round 1. Ogletree doesn't seem much different than what JWill can bring. Jarvis Jones would be great as he is a playmaker. He can play an Elephant SLB like Kiwi did the last few years. If he falls, I have a hard time seeing him fall below Pitt, I'd love the pick.

Not a fan of Fluker or OL in the first at all. I want Ogletree, Carradine, Moore in that order. Obviously I'd take Javris Jones before any of them but he won't be there.
ottawagiants10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why people love Carradine so much. Almost every year Florida State puts out busts at the DE position. Carradine was the second or third best DE on his own team. Plus for a guy with his size he plays the run as if he weighs 200 pounds. Just watch the Florida, Clemson and even Miami game. Makes Osi look like Strahan in his prime playing the run. To me he is worth the risk in the second round but with all of his flaws and coming off a major injury I wouldn't touch him in the first.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ottawagiants10 wrote:
I don't see why people love Carradine so much. Almost every year Florida State puts out busts at the DE position. Carradine was the second or third best DE on his own team. Plus for a guy with his size he plays the run as if he weighs 200 pounds. Just watch the Florida, Clemson and even Miami game. Makes Osi look like Strahan in his prime playing the run. To me he is worth the risk in the second round but with all of his flaws and coming off a major injury I wouldn't touch him in the first.

Try first, before he was injured. Had sacks in both games against Clemson and Miami. One of his worst games was against Florida, where he only had .5 sacks, but for the record, Werner only had 6 games this year out of 14 that he recorded a sack. Carradine is top 10 talk and the best 4-3 pass rusher before his injury, and now that he is healthy, or at least very close, would be a steal at 19. Keep the bandwagon growing boys i love it Smile
Still a believer in #22
In Reese We Trust
#tradeforclowney
Gmen1985

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have a hard time believing that Fluker will be BPA at 19. If one of the guards is there that's a different story.

By the way, anyone see us moving up a couple of picks to get ahead of Dallas who has a lot of the same needs that we do?

Thanks to Rase for the sig!
ottawagiants10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
ottawagiants10 wrote:

Try first, before he was injured. Had sacks in both games against Clemson and Miami. One of his worst games was against Florida, where he only had .5 sacks, but for the record, Werner only had 6 games this year out of 14 that he recorded a sack. Carradine is top 10 talk and the best 4-3 pass rusher before his injury, and now that he is healthy, or at least very close, would be a steal at 19. Keep the bandwagon growing boys i love it Smile

Jamal Reynolds
Andre Wadsworth
Alonzo Jackson
Everette Brown
Kamerion Wimbley

All "Dominating" pass rushers to come out of Florida State in the past decade. All Busts with the Exception of Wimbley. He has had 2 good years and a bunch of average to bad years. Florida State DE's are like late 90's/early 2000's Florida WR's. They keep pumping them out and they keep busting. I'm not guaranteeing that Tank is going to bust, I just don't think he is worth the risk at 19. I watched a lot of Florida State games and sure he made some flash plays but I also saw him get run over completely on so many rush plays, and he never had to take on the double team due to the talent around him.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ottawagiants10 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
ottawagiants10 wrote:

Jamal Reynolds
Andre Wadsworth
Alonzo Jackson
Everette Brown
Kamerion Wimbley

All "Dominating" pass rushers to come out of Florida State in the past decade. All Busts with the Exception of Wimbley. He has had 2 good years and a bunch of average to bad years. Florida State DE's are like late 90's/early 2000's Florida WR's. They keep pumping them out and they keep busting. I'm not guaranteeing that Tank is going to bust, I just don't think he is worth the risk at 19. I watched a lot of Florida State games and sure he made some flash plays but I also saw him get run over completely on so many rush plays, and he never had to take on the double team due to the talent around him.

To be fair, those were all like Brandon Jenkins was in his Florida St career, a great college pass rusher who is too undersized to be a down DE. Thats why Jenkins is Day 3 player now, not just his injury. Werner is much stronger and Carridine is even bigger.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are going to be disappointed when neither Tank nor Ogletree are the pick.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ottawagiants10 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
ottawagiants10 wrote:

Jamal Reynolds
Andre Wadsworth
Alonzo Jackson
Everette Brown
Kamerion Wimbley

So you're going to ignore film and production (stats) and not take him at a certain spot, despite him being the best 4-3 pass rushing talent in the class, just because players before him didn't play up to expectations? You can't look at it that way. Reynolds and Wadsworth both suffered with injuries early in their careers, while Everette Browns physical attributes were a concern prior to the draft. Carradine is still raw, but has all the physical attributes do be dominant in the NFL. He was not the 3rd best DE on Florida St. Not only was he the most dominant DE on the team, but he was the best end in college football, on a 4-3 scale.
minutemancl wrote:
You guys are going to be disappointed when neither Tank nor Ogletree are the pick.

Who's going to be the pick then?
Still a believer in #22
In Reese We Trust
#tradeforclowney
ottawagiants10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
ottawagiants10 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
ottawagiants10 wrote:

Jamal Reynolds
Andre Wadsworth
Alonzo Jackson
Everette Brown
Kamerion Wimbley

So you're going to ignore film and production (stats) and not take him at a certain spot, despite him being the best 4-3 pass rushing talent in the class, just because players before him didn't play up to expectations? You can't look at it that way. Reynolds and Wadsworth both suffered with injuries early in their careers, while Everette Browns physical attributes were a concern prior to the draft. Carradine is still raw, but has all the physical attributes do be dominant in the NFL. He was not the 3rd best DE on Florida St. Not only was he the most dominant DE on the team, but he was the best end in college football, on a 4-3 scale.
minutemancl wrote:

Who's going to be the pick then?

I'm not ignoring film and production. As I stated I have watched a lot of Florida State games. You seem to be breezing over the fact that he is a human sieve as a run player, as the film shows. The film also shows Bjorn getting the majority of the double teams and slide protections. The fact that I brought up Florida State DE failing is because almost every year they have a hyped up player that fails in the pro's. There is a cause for concern there. Of course he can become the Aaron Roger's/ Jeff Tedford of Florida State DE's, I personally just don't see it and think #19 is too high of a risk. You might also want to back off on the best end in college football on a 4-3 end. Guy's like Clowney, Moore and even Bjorn might take offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: