Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ogletree at 19?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Ogletree at 19? Reply with quote

Reese was reportedly at UGA proday and watching Ogletree. I'm not sure how I feel about this. It really depends on who is available, but Dan Connor couldn't cover a high school TE much less in the NFL. I still think Tank, Richardson or Rhodes are in the mix for pick 19, but Ogletree wouldn't be bad IMO. Thoughts?
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogletree is clearly an option. Fits the Reese mold of a high upside player. Clearly has moved past Manti Te'o despite off the field question marks.

Rhodes will be long gone by 19. He's a physical press-man corner that won't get out of the top 10.

Question remains- How does the team address Right Tackle? Is James Brewer ready? Do they consider signing Barry Richardson? This makes D.J. Fluker a potential option.

Ogletree having moved from safety doesn't fit the Giants desire to stop the run in 2013. But he's a high upside player that can cover ground.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Ogletree is clearly an option. Fits the Reese mold of a high upside player. Clearly has moved past Manti Te'o despite off the field question marks.

Rhodes will be long gone by 19. He's a physical press-man corner that won't get out of the top 10.

Question remains- How does the team address Right Tackle? Is James Brewer ready? Do they consider signing Barry Richardson? This makes D.J. Fluker a potential option.

Ogletree having moved from safety doesn't fit the Giants desire to stop the run in 2013. But he's a high upside player that can cover ground.

With the depth at OL I doubt Fluker is the pick. Everything else would have to have been exhausted. I think if Rhodes makes it out of Miami and TB then he will fall to us, unless someone trades up for him. I am all for the Richardson signing, but I think Brewer deserves his shot as well.

Greene, and Hodges would be great picks for the outside. But we need someone on the inside especially to keep up with the speed and youth of the Skins and possibly Eagles.

Edit: I read a report about McClain being fit for the Giants. I'm not sold on him fitting a 4-3 ILB, but I do think if he can get some control he has potential to restart his career. He was doomed the moment he went to Oakland. Maybe TC can get him in line but it would have to be a 1 year vet min contract. I doubt anyone would pay more than that.

Brad Jones is also a possibility but I think GB is/has resigned him
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Ogletree's a talent but the guy's got major red flags. Getting a DUI days before the combine screams idiot to me
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:

I cannot see Fluker being the BPA at 19, nor do I see us addressing offense unless Chance Warmack was to fall to 19, which he may. I think Menelik Watson could eventually go before Fluker come draft day.

You don't know Rhodes will be long gone by 19. With overdrafting of QBs in the first, you will see some top 10 projections fall to the teens range, so when Miami and TB are on the clock, the pick could be spent on an Ansah or Richardson if available. 14, 15, and 17 are options too, but I don't think corner is any of their main priorities, but I don't think it's safe to say Rhodes will be long gone.

I can honestly see Ogletree falling. I don't see the Giants drafting him at all. I think they'd go for Arthur Brown before Ogletree, but I doubt the Giants will draft a LB in the first.
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:

I cannot see Fluker being the BPA at 19, nor do I see us addressing offense unless Chance Warmack was to fall to 19, which he may. I think Menelik Watson could eventually go before Fluker come draft day.

You don't know Rhodes will be long gone by 19. With overdrafting of QBs in the first, you will see some top 10 projections fall to the teens range, so when Miami and TB are on the clock, the pick could be spent on an Ansah or Richardson if available. 14, 15, and 17 are options too, but I don't think corner is any of their main priorities, but I don't think it's safe to say Rhodes will be long gone.

I can honestly see Ogletree falling. I don't see the Giants drafting him at all. I think they'd go for Arthur Brown before Ogletree, but I doubt the Giants will draft a LB in the first.

I agree with you, want Brown way before I'd even think of Ogletree. For one he isn't an idiot with a drinking problem. And two, he can actually stop the run and stack and shed blockers well. Not saying Ogletree can't, just not his strength. Plus we already have Jaquan Williams whos basically Ogletree lite, don't need another WLB whos not going to see the field anyway.

Fluker is the definition of huge mammoth, but with the worst feet I've ever seen for a tackle. Seriously it's like watching someone with cerebral palsy do drills, hes that bad and strictly should be a guard. I don't see him as a tackle at all, but he could be an option as a guard.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad jones did just resign with packers.

There is no way we go OL in first. Even if cooper falls, unless we lose Beatty but even then we may wait till the second or third and grab someone like Barrett Jones... Versatility is big on our line, see: Diehl, David.
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:

There is no way we go OL in first. Even if cooper falls, unless we lose Beatty but even then we may wait till the second or third and grab someone like Barrett Jones... Versatility is big on our line, see: Diehl, David.

He was one of two players the Giants were confirmed to meet at the combine. And out of all the Alabama lineman, Barret Jones intrigues me the most with his versatility to play 3 positions including center. Something to think about if we lose Kevin Boothe.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

He was one of two players the Giants were confirmed to meet at the combine. And out of all the Alabama lineman, Barret Jones intrigues me the most with his versatility to play 3 positions including center. Something to think about if we lose Kevin Boothe.

He won 3 championships playing a different position on the line each year.. I would take him in the second.
Gmen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mara and Tom Coughlin have expressed interest in getting more physical on both sides of the trenches. I would be surprised if the first round pick didn't go DE, DT, OG or OT (possibly CB with Webster's age).

The Giants don't really invest heavily in the LB corp. I'd be happy if they added Dansby.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
reckless123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Arthur Brown tbh. I heard he is versatile and is technically sound. Though it wouldnt surprise me if we went with Ogletree.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally besides me notices Ogleetree!! The dude can play any of the LB positions. Be real, off the field issues never stopped the Giants before. TC doesn't let ANYTHING fly as you guys have seen, Bradshaw being benched for missing or being late to a meeting I forget what it was exactly. He's not the first player in the NFL to get a DUI.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Finally besides me notices Ogleetree!! The dude can play any of the LB positions. Be real, off the field issues never stopped the Giants before. TC doesn't let ANYTHING fly as you guys have seen, Bradshaw being benched for missing or being late to a meeting I forget what it was exactly. He's not the first player in the NFL to get a DUI.

He's a converted safety. He will have a hard time stopping the run unless he bulks up... I think we would go LB before OL in the first. More physicality is needed, but Eli was the least sacked QB last season. Granted he did have to run for his life a few times but still. Our line isn't as bad as everyone makes it seem to be and drafting an OL in the first, unless its extreme BPA is unlikely.

I would take Brown over Ogletree. Warmack(physical) or cooper(football smart) would probably be the only OL in our first round bracket but I doubt either fall. Fluker is basically a brick wall... He isn't mobile at all nor is he flexible and I can't see us drafting him.
Gmen1985

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends what you're asking. Do I, as a fan, want Ogletree? Or do I think the Giants will take him?

Personally, I would love Ogletree. I know the Giants don't value the linebacker position all that much, but man wouldn't it be nice to have a real 3 down playmaker at the position? When's the last time that we could just leave a linebacker on the field on all 3 downs and not worry about if he could stop the run AND drop back in coverage. We have a couple of good linebacker in Kiwi and Williams, but I think Kiwi may be seeing some more time at DE because we lost Osi and Tuck is getting older and more incapable of playing at a high level. To get a young playmaker at the position that could possible be here for 10 years is an exciting possibility for me.

Do I think the Giants will draft him? Short answer. No. As I said, the Giants just don't value the position. Also, there's a very real possibility that he just won't be the top player on their board when they draft at 19. Coughling said they want to get more physical on both sides of the ball, which is music to my ears. I think that means that they will most likely draft one of the lines. I just hope we don't reach for a tackle. If one of the guards is there, then fine, but I highly doubt that they reach us. I'm not sure how i feel about taking a career right tackle at 19 overall like Fluker. For these reasons, I think that DE or DT are the most likely positions to get drafted.

There is good news though boys. We have one of the best drafting teams out there and I trust them fully to make the right decision. Very Happy

Forgot to say, I dont think the red flags are a huge problem. I think we have one of the strongest locker rooms in the league and guys like Tuck and Rolle will keep anyone we draft out of trouble.

Thanks to Rase for the sig!
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimme Arthur Brown over Ogletree all day. Just as high potential and actually has LB instincts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: