Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Two Options- Draft & Rest of Free Agency
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Two Options- Draft & Rest of Free Agency Reply with quote

Offensive Tackle & Cornerback are clearly the two remaining areas of concern.

UFA Options:
Sebastian Vollmer -29- (New England)

Eric Winston -29- (Kansas City)

Trade Options:
Brandon Albert -28- (Franchised) -28- Kansas City

Winston & Vollmer are both ZBS scheme fits that shore up Right Tackle & allow Jonathan Martin to play the Left Side. The trade option requires parting with valued draft picks. Might be worth considering if Vollmer or Winston cannot be signed.

Cornerback:

UFA Options:
Brent Grimes -30- Atlanta

Mike Jenkins -27- Dallas

William Middleton -27- Jacksonville

At this point in the offseason, the Phins have two glaring holes. One is at Cornerback, where Richard Marshall & Dimitri Patterson are the only two starting caliber players. Ideally, Marshall plays a nickel role.

Option 1:
Sign Mike Jenkins to a 1 Year Deal.

Draft Trade Picks 12, 42, 146 (1,713) + a 2014 3rd to Oakland for Pick 3. Draft Luke Joeckel.

Option 2:
Sign Eric Winston to 3 Year Deal.

Drafr Trade Picks 12 + 54 (1,560) to Cleveland for Pick 6 (1,600). Draft Xavier Rhodes
Maddogg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Two Options- Draft & Rest of Free Agency Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:

UFA Options:

Trade Options:

Winston & Vollmer are both ZBS scheme fits that shore up Right Tackle & allow Jonathan Martin to play the Left Side. The trade option requires parting with valued draft picks. Might be worth considering if Vollmer or Winston cannot be signed.

Cornerback:

UFA Options:

Mike Jenkins -27- Dallas

At this point in the offseason, the Phins have two glaring holes. One is at Cornerback, where Richard Marshall & Dimitri Patterson are the only two starting caliber players. Ideally, Marshall plays a nickel role.

Option 1:

Draft Trade Picks 12, 42, 146 (1,713) + a 2014 3rd to Oakland for Pick 3. Draft Luke Joeckel.

Option 2:

Drafr Trade Picks 12 + 54 (1,560) to Cleveland for Pick 6 (1,600). Draft Xavier Rhodes

What happened to E None Of The Above?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way on trading 12,54 to 6 for xavier rhodes.

I also rather trade to 10 for lane johnson then give up all those picks for joeckel. I might be in the minority but I like fischer better then joeckel
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Two Options- Draft & Rest of Free Agency Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:

UFA Options:

Trade Options:

Cornerback:

UFA Options:

Mike Jenkins -27- Dallas

Option 1:

Option 2:

Why move up for either player....I have a hard time believing Rhodes is a top 15 pick lat alone the 6th player overall. He doesn't fit the Zone system the Dolphins run, he will draw far too many penalties....he's basically Sean Smith.

Give up all those picks for one player....that kind of talk belongs in the Redskin forum...not here. The Dolphins just draft a LT in the 2nd last year, that doesn't mean they won't bring in competition, but to give up 3 other picks to move up and get one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously?
NBA: New York Knicks
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather draft Banks than trade up for a CB this year. Way to many this year and good ones slipping.
phins72

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind Jenkins in a 1yr deal besides that wouldn't trade up rather trade down
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way do we trade those for Rhodes. I also think Trufant fits the system better. Rhodes is more of a press corner similar to Smith and that's why we got rid of Smith. Option C needs to be a trade down and pick up another late 2nd or 3rd and pick up Trufant. With reports of Rams taking Austin at 16 there will be teams wanting to trade up

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I definately l don't want a CB at #12 & I definately don't want Xavier Rhodes in Mia unless were switching our Deff back to a 3/4.

"Can't put a square peg in a round hole"

Sug
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Yeah I definately l don't want a CB at #12 & I definately don't want Xavier Rhodes in Mia unless were switching our Deff back to a 3/4.

Were either gonna see a an Olinemen or DE at #12 cause B. Albert just signed his Fran tender so that leaves Winston.

Note : if we see 1 QB go eatly or 2 we may actually have a chance to land either J. Cooper or Lane Johnson.

Sug

SUG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Yeah I definately don't want a CB at #12 & I definately don't want Xavier Rhodes in Mia unless were switching our Deff back to a 3/4.

Sug

Warpticon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert signing his franchise tender doesn't change anything. In fact, he couldn't be traded until he signed it.
SUG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
Albert signing his franchise tender doesn't change anything. In fact, he couldn't be traded until he signed it.

Yeah but now were talking draft pks & cash where as Winston is straight up cash.
No thanks

I'd rather be poised to to actually move up to land one of the 4 Stud Olinemen ... UNLESS we see a mad dash to grab Geno Smith or M. Barkley & one of them should slip & land on our lap.

sug

Last edited by SUG on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:

I just hate the idea of giving up a pick for him....if they were going to give up a pick I would rather them package one of the thirds and move up a few spots to snag Johnson.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying I endorse a trading for Albert, just that his signing his franchise tender has nothing to do with anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: