Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Yibbyl's Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Yibbyl's Mock Reply with quote

I imagine this won't be too popular of a mock and I wasn't overly pleased either, but I'm accepting that we need 2 years to get back to being competitive. As others have hinted at, the 1st two picks are quite a challenge.

Anyway, I tried to stay true to what had been done so far in FA plus even included a small school selection - 1st time I've ever done that! The one major difference to FA activities has to do with today's signing of Hoyer. I didn't keep him and the guy I got probably won't be well received, but I wanted a true veteran to do some mentoring. I'd pick up Rex Grossman for 1 maybe 2 years. Rex doesn't have the ability to dodge the rush that Hoyer has, but can deliver a more accurate deep ball IMO. I also believe he'd be better suited in a non Walsh-like WCO, where he'd have fewer variables to decipher.

Here's what I expect ahead of us:

1 - Luke Joeckel (KC)
2 - Geno Smith (JAX)
3 - Sharrif Floyd (OAK)
4 - Dion Jordan (PHI)
5 - Ezekiel Ansah (DET)
6 - Dee Milliner (CLE)

Here's my draft picks:

7 OG Chance Warmack, Alabama - G in top 10 doesn't bother me as he'll start for years and years
38 QB Tyler Wilson, Arkansas - Don't believe Arians is satisfied with QB's on team and we benefit from Wilson's falling, expect Stanton to start 1st half of season
69 FS Phillip Thomas, Fresno St - Has a lot of haters, I like that he also defends the run well
103 TE Dion Sims, Mich St - I suspect Sims will be the best value for a complete TE in draft
140 CB Will Davis, Utah St - Doesn't have the physicality I prefer, but he can cover
174 OLB Ty Powell, Harding - My guess at the biggest sleeper in draft & believe he would compete for starting spot
176 RB Raymond Graham, Pitt - Would replace LSH as new 3rd down back

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Eric Fisher is there, you have to take him

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:

^^^^^^^^ this

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

^^^^^^^^ this

Were you guys saying this at the end of the season or is this a new belief that has come about since the combine/pro days? I didn't have Fisher in the top 10 in Jan., but I did have Warmack there. Both guys are going to be very good players IMO, but I think I'll stick with Warmack and upgrade the absolutely worst part of the OL.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in Potter and Levi

Warmack pushes College to RG and then Synder off the team.

That has to be better, than getting Fisher.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

^^^^^^^^ this

Were you guys saying this at the end of the season or is this a new belief that has come about since the combine/pro days? I didn't have Fisher in the top 10 in Jan., but I did have Warmack there. Both guys are going to be very good players IMO, but I think I'll stick with Warmack and upgrade the absolutely worst part of the OL.

I didn't think that in January cause Taylor Lewan was coming to the NFL in January. Fisher has awesome potential and IMO is not going to be there at 7. I love Warmack, but Fisher improves the line the most IMO. I still don't trust Potter or Levi. I know that College and Snyder are awful but in the long run Fisher would help us the most

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

^^^^^^^^ this

I didn't think that in January cause Taylor Lewan was coming to the NFL in January. Fisher has awesome potential and IMO is not going to be there at 7. I love Warmack, but Fisher improves the line the most IMO. I still don't trust Potter or Levi. I know that College and Snyder are awful but in the long run Fisher would help us the most

I had forgotten about Lewan already! Fair enough...might have been the reason I didn't have him there either. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khodder has Warford grade equal to Warmack, so if he could be taken in the second, I think that would be more ideal. The earliest I would take a QB in this draft is the 4th(unless is Geno in the first)

But we will see this weekennd when I make my mock. expect it sunday haha

Deadpulse
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZCardinalsFan wrote:
Khodder has Warford grade equal to Warmack, so if he could be taken in the second, I think that would be more ideal. The earliest I would take a QB in this draft is the 4th(unless is Geno in the first)

But we will see this weekennd when I make my mock. expect it sunday haha

I could see those 2 graded pretty close, but I think Warmack's feet are a little more nimble. Truth is, I was trying to get a LB or DE in the 1st, with Schwenke in the 3rd. I figured he could play G this year and then move to C his 2nd year. Problem was I just couldn't pull it off and still address the FS and CB positions to my satisfaction. Still didn't get the quality I had hoped for at CB, but...2 year process I guess.

Gotta admit, this is a hard year to come up with a mock I really like for the Cardinals. Combination of available rookies, draft position/order, and what feels like a large number of holes makes it a real challenge. Good luck with yours!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: