Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cornerback at #10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
If Dee is available, that should be the pick. If not, give me Star, Ansah, Chance or a trade back.

No trade back before Chance....Star, Milliner or the Freak show otherwise trade back.
The fact is, whether it's Jake or a new young quarterback and coaching staff after next year, an incredible offensive line and running game can do wonders for the future of this team. Chance has the ability to give us arguably the best line in football, that kind of potential is good enough for me to spend the 10th pick in the draft on.

The fact of the matter is that since 2000 only one interior lineman has been chosen before the 15th pick and overall he was a colossal bust (Leonard Davis). Even the best guards and centers have all been chosen mid 1st and early 2nd. While Warmack may have the potential to be the greatest guard in NFL history I find it difficult to spend a top 10 pick and top 10 money on a guard, especially after spending a ton on Levitre. This draft has 3 interior lineman that can start from day one and at least 11 other players that have the potential to be great lineman. While I agree that we need to protect Jake or whoever is our future at QB, we shouldnt spend a top 10 pick on a guard. If Milliner, Star or Ansah are there we should take one of them, plus current mock drafts are showing the trend of both Cooper and Warmack dropping to the late teens. I would much rather take one of the three mentioned above or trade back. Even though this might be the greatest off-season in Titans history we still have a lot of needs and basically zero depth across the board. Getting one of those impact defensive players or moving down and getting more picks IMO makes the most sense, because we still should be able to get Warford in the late 1st or early 2nd, IMO he is not too far off from Cooper and Warmack.

Props to Kempes ^
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
If Dee is available, that should be the pick. If not, give me Star, Ansah, Chance or a trade back.

No trade back before Chance....Star, Milliner or the Freak show otherwise trade back.
The fact is, whether it's Jake or a new young quarterback and coaching staff after next year, an incredible offensive line and running game can do wonders for the future of this team. Chance has the ability to give us arguably the best line in football, that kind of potential is good enough for me to spend the 10th pick in the draft on.

The fact of the matter is that since 2000 only one interior lineman has been chosen before the 15th pick and overall he was a colossal bust (Leonard Davis). Even the best guards and centers have all been chosen mid 1st and early 2nd. While Warmack may have the potential to be the greatest guard in NFL history I find it difficult to spend a top 10 pick and top 10 money on a guard, especially after spending a ton on Levitre. This draft has 3 interior lineman that can start from day one and at least 11 other players that have the potential to be great lineman. While I agree that we need to protect Jake or whoever is our future at QB, we shouldnt spend a top 10 pick on a guard. If Milliner, Star or Ansah are there we should take one of them, plus current mock drafts are showing the trend of both Cooper and Warmack dropping to the late teens. I would much rather take one of the three mentioned above or trade back. Even though this might be the greatest off-season in Titans history we still have a lot of needs and basically zero depth across the board. Getting one of those impact defensive players or moving down and getting more picks IMO makes the most sense, because we still should be able to get Warford in the late 1st or early 2nd, IMO he is not too far off from Cooper and Warmack.

What the #10 draft pick now receives in comparsion to what a #10 pick received prior to the new CBA is alot less. Even if they select a OG and he is Leonard Davis 2.0, he would not be near as expensive as Davis was when he was drafted.
Here is what Stephon Gilmore received last year at #10. With the cap increasing slightly this year, the #10 pick will basically get the same deal.

Quote:
5/17/2012: Signed a four-year, $12.084 million contract. The deal is fully guaranteed, including a $7.228 million signing bonus. 2013: $939,280, 2014: $1,488,559, 2015: $2,037,839, 2016: Free Agent

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

What the #10 draft pick now receives in comparsion to what a #10 pick received prior to the new CBA is alot less. Even if they select a OG and he is Leonard Davis 2.0, he would not be near as expensive as Davis was when he was drafted.
Here is what Stephon Gilmore received last year at #10. With the cap increasing slightly this year, the #10 pick will basically get the same deal.

Quote:
5/17/2012: Signed a four-year, $12.084 million contract. The deal is fully guaranteed, including a $7.228 million signing bonus. 2013: $939,280, 2014: $1,488,559, 2015: $2,037,839, 2016: Free Agent

That was the smallest point of my rant Laughing ......the fact is you dont spend a top 15 pick on a guard it just isnt done.

Props to Kempes ^
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Quote:

That was the smallest point of my rant Laughing ......the fact is you dont spend a top 15 pick on a guard it just isnt done.

And my point is it will be done this year, whether its the Titans or another team. The salary cap ramifications are not a severe as they were in the past. Idea

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another DT I've added to my list of wants at 10 is Jesse Williams. The guy is as strong as an ox. Played NT at Alabama and didnt get a chance to pass-rush as the wasn't his job. He was meant to eat up blockers in order for the other players to make plays. Him and Casey would be a great duo.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Quote:

And my point is it will be done this year, whether its the Titans or another team. The salary cap ramifications are not a severe as they were in the past. Idea

We will see at the end of April, but I stand by my statement that a guard is not worth our 1st round pick. Even if this is the year where a guard is taken higher.

Props to Kempes ^
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Quote:

We will see at the end of April, but I stand by my statement that a guard is not worth our 1st round pick. Even if this is the year where a guard is taken higher.

Point taken. We will take this up 5 weeks from today when the 1st round is in the books. A guard will go in the 1st half of the 1st round between 1-15.

Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Quote:

Point taken. We will take this up 5 weeks from today when the 1st round is in the books. A guard will go in the 1st half of the 1st round between 1-15.

I am not saying its not going to happen, I am just saying to me taking a guard that high does not make sense it is not a value position. And I have said that the best player in this draft is Warmack.

Props to Kempes ^
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And not placing value in a position where we have constantly gotten abused over the years that has led to our running back getting hit behind the line of scrimmage with way too much consistency is kind of confusing to me. I get that it conventional wisdom doesn't place a ton of value at the guard spot, but quality guard play is important, particularly when you are trying to identify yourself as a physical team.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
And not placing value in a position where we have constantly gotten abused over the years that has led to our running back getting hit behind the line of scrimmage with way too much consistency is kind of confusing to me. I get that it conventional wisdom doesn't place a ton of value at the guard spot, but quality guard play is important, particularly when you are trying to identify yourself as a physical team.

Well look at it this way which sounds better to you....

Warmack and Hunt or Ansah and Warford?

Props to Kempes ^
TitanMan30

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Quote:

I am not saying its not going to happen, I am just saying to me taking a guard that high does not make sense it is not a value position. And I have said that the best player in this draft is Warmack.

Iceman, Leonard Davis was drafted 2nd overall to be a left tackle. Ex titan coach Dave Mcginnis was Arizonas head coach I believe back then. They found out immediately he was too stiff to play tackle and moved him to guard. Anyways. I love guards. San Francisco became a dominant team after they drafted Mike Iupati in the first round. Now Im not saying that we will and its a must that we do draft one. If we can get the kentucky guard or kent state guard later in draft and get a stud dlineman early Im all for it. I just think guards are way too undervalued. And whose to say we only need 1 guard? Honestly does anyone trust Velasco is the answer at guard or center? We have 9 picks this year and its a deep trench draft. I wouldnt be shocked to see us draft 2 or 3 more offensive lineman.
TitanMan30

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

And I'm not trying to bicker with you either Iceman. You seem very knowledgable on the titans and I respect your opinion. But I'm also very skeptical on Ezekial Ansah. He has virtually no college tape whatsoever. Hes another JPP type. Little to no college tape and a monster athlete. Hes boom or bust. Ill take the safe guy in the top ten.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanMan30 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Quote:

Iceman, Leonard Davis was drafted 2nd overall to be a left tackle. Ex titan coach Dave Mcginnis was Arizonas head coach I believe back then. They found out immediately he was too stiff to play tackle and moved him to guard. Anyways. I love guards. San Francisco became a dominant team after they drafted Mike Iupati in the first round. Now Im not saying that we will and its a must that we do draft one. If we can get the kentucky guard or kent state guard later in draft and get a stud dlineman early Im all for it. I just think guards are way too undervalued. And whose to say we only need 1 guard? Honestly does anyone trust Velasco is the answer at guard or center? We have 9 picks this year and its a deep trench draft. I wouldnt be shocked to see us draft 2 or 3 more offensive lineman.

Uh yes. Velasco finally got his chance last year and played better and better each game. Didn't give up a single sack all year and was good in the run game. No need to replace him.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanMan30 wrote:

Thank you for making my point. I love solid guards as well, but the example that you used was Iupati, he went at #17. And I agree I think that we need at least 3 offensive lineman in this draft becasue when you look at our line right now I think it is pretty good.

Roos----Levitre-----Velasco----Turner-----Stewart

but who do we have behind those guys? Otto and Stingly

Also yes I think that Velasco can be the answer at center, the bleacher report has him ranked as the 11th guard in the country which I would agree that he has payed really well for us and there is no indication that it wont continue. But with that being said depth would be smart, drafting Warford and starting him would allow Turner to be the backup at guard and center. Then drafting a player with the potential to play guard and tackle would be good like Quessenberry or Matt Summers-Gavin and then a depth offensive lineman later on in the draft would make sense like a J.C. Tretter or Alvin Bailey.

Props to Kempes ^
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanMan30 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

And I'm not trying to bicker with you either Iceman. You seem very knowledgable on the titans and I respect your opinion. But I'm also very skeptical on Ezekial Ansah. He has virtually no college tape whatsoever. Hes another JPP type. Little to no college tape and a monster athlete. Hes boom or bust. Ill take the safe guy in the top ten.

I understand your position but check some of these out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg2X0yktczc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMtBmOdYsqo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L__yGr3mWjs

Props to Kempes ^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: