Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cornerback at #10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
TitanMan30 wrote:
Call me crazy but I just dont love corners the way others do. Go back ten years and tell me all the corners who have made a huge impact that were taken in the first round. Patrick Peterson and Darrelle Revis are probably the two most talented that I can think of and neither have propelled their teams to greatness so far. The titans have proven that you can find reliable cbs late in the draft for cheap. Ie, Finnegan, Verner, Mccourty. Coty Sensabaugh came in and played fine late in the season. Its obviously my personal opinion and I'm not saying I'm right. But I truly believe a cb is a complete waste of a first round pick. Richard Sherman, arguably the best cover corner in the nfl not named Revis, a 5th round pick. Look at last years class. Janoris Jenkins and Casey Hayward both outshined their first round counterparts. Top ten picks need to have impact.

Totally agree...

Finny (7th Rnd), McCourty (7th Rnd), Verner (4th Rnd), Cary Williams (7th Rnd). These are pro CBs who WE drafted and could be solid starters for just about any team. Oh wait, they ARE solid starters for their teams. Go figure.

Im pretty sure McCourty was a 6th, but you still make your point. However this draft does not have much at CB after the 4th.

Props to Kempes ^
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
TitanMan30 wrote:
Call me crazy but I just dont love corners the way others do. Go back ten years and tell me all the corners who have made a huge impact that were taken in the first round. Patrick Peterson and Darrelle Revis are probably the two most talented that I can think of and neither have propelled their teams to greatness so far. The titans have proven that you can find reliable cbs late in the draft for cheap. Ie, Finnegan, Verner, Mccourty. Coty Sensabaugh came in and played fine late in the season. Its obviously my personal opinion and I'm not saying I'm right. But I truly believe a cb is a complete waste of a first round pick. Richard Sherman, arguably the best cover corner in the nfl not named Revis, a 5th round pick. Look at last years class. Janoris Jenkins and Casey Hayward both outshined their first round counterparts. Top ten picks need to have impact.

Totally agree...

Finny (7th Rnd), McCourty (7th Rnd), Verner (4th Rnd), Cary Williams (7th Rnd). These are pro CBs who WE drafted and could be solid starters for just about any team. Oh wait, they ARE solid starters for their teams. Go figure.

Im pretty sure McCourty was a 6th, but you still make your point. However this draft does not have much at CB after the 4th.

True but I still would wait till the middle rounds(3rd-4th) to pick up a CB. Still say DT is our biggest need. I don't see much from the Hill signing.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
TitanMan30 wrote:

Totally agree...

True but I still would wait till the middle rounds(3rd-4th) to pick up a CB. Still say DT is our biggest need. I don't see much from the Hill signing.

Oh don't get me wrong...I'm not saying that we should wait that late to take a CB, I'm just saying that we don't necessarily have to use a high round to find a good one who can do the job for us. While most are targeting some of the obvious prospects, I got my eye on guys who could be some real steals like Robert Alford (SE Louisiana) and DJ Hayden (Houston).
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

Unfortunately, not about what we feel. They targeted Hill from jump, so I don't think they will put too much priority on DT.

Hill, Martin, Casey, Klug. Then another DT in the mid late rounds for depth. That is if they don't get on for cheap in FA.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you arguing that we found solid CBs late in the draft.. we also had the worst passing defense I have ever seen in my life last year.

Not saying I don't like Verner and McCourty, but I don't want Verner outside every down and if Sensabaugh can't step up and take over that spot, another corner is definitely a need. The safetys didn't help, but a lot of it was our nickelback play.

Your 3rd string CB should be considered a starter in today's NFL. 2 solid ones and a ton of worthless ones will not cut it.

I'd like to see us draft a CB in the first 3 rounds. I could see us going DE, DT, CB, or possibly even ILB in the first round. Depends on how they see Ogletree. Personally, I don't think he's even worth a first, but others seem to disagree. As long as we stay on the defensive side of the ball with 2 of our first 3 picks, I'm happy.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We lack CB depth something fierce, and McCourty and Verner are solid players, but do you really think either of them are above merely "good"? I wouldn't be upset at all if we pulled the trigger on Milliner.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
We lack CB depth something fierce, and McCourty and Verner are solid players, but do you really think either of them are above merely "good"? I wouldn't be upset at all if we pulled the trigger on Milliner.

If Milliner is there and we don't take him I'm driving to Nashville to punch Mike Munchak. But I doubt he's still on the board.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im no draft expert by any means but i do not want a CB at 10. In no particular order with that 10th pick i want the Titans to take a Guard, DT, DE LB or a WR

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am not a fan of a #10 CB pick.

2013 Adopt-A-Titan RYAN FITZPATRICK 4
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, I am not really feeling a CB at #10, and if it were to happen, Dee is the only one I'd consider.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Dee is available, that should be the pick. If not, give me Star, Ansah, Chance or a trade back.

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
If Dee is available, that should be the pick. If not, give me Star, Ansah, Chance or a trade back.

No trade back before Chance....Star, Milliner or the Freak show otherwise trade back.

Props to Kempes ^
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

No trade back before Chance....Star, Milliner or the Freak show otherwise trade back.
The fact is, whether it's Jake or a new young quarterback and coaching staff after next year, an incredible offensive line and running game can do wonders for the future of this team. Chance has the ability to give us arguably the best line in football, that kind of potential is good enough for me to spend the 10th pick in the draft on.

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
The fact is, whether it's Jake or a new young quarterback and coaching staff after next year, an incredible offensive line and running game can do wonders for the future of this team. Chance has the ability to give us arguably the best line in football, that kind of potential is good enough for me to spend the 10th pick in the draft on.

I agree. It seems we are so close to a truly dominating O-line (on paper of course). Picking Chance (is he's avail) would be the final piece of the puzzle. After that, we have several draft picks this year. We even got our 6th round back Wink Go build the defense through the draft.

I think all the tumblers are aligning this year for Jake. With his first full off-season as the starter combined with a season under his belt, Jake is poised to show us what he is really capable of. No more shoulder injury. Add in an powerhouse O-line and our potential for a great year just multiplied.

I really don't see much mention of him lately, but I think Kendall Wright is going to have a break-out year. With the run game getting more prevalent, our short passing game will be highlighted even more. Enter Wright. Now that he has a season under the belt, his potential to rack up great numbers this year have multiplied as well.

2013 Adopt-A-Titan RYAN FITZPATRICK 4
TitanMan30

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:

I think they are above average. I do. Our pass rush and run defense have been pretty poor since Fat Al left. Take Finny for example. In 08 when we had a nasty defense he was an All Pro and looking like the second coming of Rod Woodson. We lose Haynesworth and our corners and safeties look terrible. Im just one of those guys that rather spend my top picks on the trenches. But if you think Dee is a star in the making and he is there at ten. Well see. One thing I know is I trust Ruston Webster. He was a scout with Tampa Bay and helped build the 03 Super Bowl team. Ruston knows good football players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: