Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cornerback at #10
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Cornerback at #10 Reply with quote

If we take a CB at #10 there are only 3 options.

Dee Milliner- Alabama
Height: 6-0. Weight: 201

Dee is the ideal pick, however he is unlikely to be there when we pick. There is a chance if Detroit takes Ansah, but It is unlikely. Great college production, excellent workout numbers and comes from the football factory Alabama.

Xavier Rhodes- Florida State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 210

I personally try to force myself to love Rhodes but I see to many things I don't like about him. He has the size and speed but his overall skills just don't seem to do it. If Williams/Gray want to play more press, he has a greater chance to be the pick, but if not then he doesn't seem to be a good selection for us. But he timed well and could really make the coaches want to work with him.

Desmond Trufant-Washington
Height: 6-0 Weight: 190

I personally love Trufant. It can be considered a "reach" even though some mocks have him as high as #13. Truth be told it is a reach. But stranger things have happened in the draft. He is a great cover corner and has excellent movement. He doesn't tackle well and isn't as physical as others. He ran a 4.3 and has ideal size.

Overall, this is a good draft for Corners. I think there could be good starters all the way into the 4th. Just like most the other positions, CB doesn't have that one "MUST HAVE." Even Milliner doesn't have much flare to him.

The Titans wanted Stephon Gilmore or Dre Kirkpatrick last year, so maybe they try again. Tommie Campbell can't be counted on. Sensabaugh could make them pass a CB in the 1st.

Thoughts.....
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milliner or trade down, Rhodes has some issues and Trufant does as well.

Props to Kempes ^
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not want a corner at #10. I know Milliner is the gem of this year's class, and would be the only 1 of the 3 I would pick at #10. Even then I would have reservations about picking him. It normally takes a year or so for a rookie CB to develop into a truely elite guy. Look at top corners in the game right now. None of those guys really came into their own until their 2nd or 3rd year. Munch and Ruston need a blue chip guy to produce right away if they stay at #10. JMO

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want nothing to do with Trufant at 10. I'd take Milliner of Rhodes.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
I do not want a corner at #10. I know Milliner is the gem of this year's class, and would be the only 1 of the 3 I would pick at #10. Even then I would have reservations about picking him. It normally takes a year or so for a rookie CB to develop into a truely elite guy. Look at top corners in the game right now. None of those guys really came into their own until their 2nd or 3rd year. Munch and Ruston need a blue chip guy to produce right away if they stay at #10. JMO

Honestly man, Milliner would instantly become our #1 corner if we drafted him. I hate saying it but there may be no weaknesses to his game. He is ready to start right now and drafting him would allow us to move Verner to NCB.

Props to Kempes ^
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have so many different options this year. We could go in many different ways and I would be happy. Even trading back some wouldn't hurt my feelings. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd feel like we wasted the pick somewhat if we took Trufant at #10. Not good value. Even though I like him as a player....
Also I'm not a big fan of value....so if like him take him!

I'd feel like we got a bust if we took Rhodes.
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:

Honestly man, Milliner would instantly become our #1 corner if we drafted him. I hate saying it but there may be no weaknesses to his game. He is ready to start right now and drafting him would allow us to move Verner to NCB.

That maybe true, but he is not going to play like Revis in his third year this year. He is going to take his lumps. You think the opposing QBs the Titans will face will be afraid of attacking Milliner? He will get a welcome to the NFL session from Schwab, Luck, Kaep & Russell Wilson... etc this fall if he is in two tone blue. He had the best front 7 in college football playing in front of him last year. Of course he looked great on Saturdays.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I'd feel like we wasted the pick somewhat if we took Trufant at #10. Not good value.

Agreed on both accounts....I am liking Johnathan Banks in the 2nd for us as a possibility. Also looking at Leon McFadden or B.W. Webb in the 4th would work for me as well.

Props to Kempes ^
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
I'd feel like we wasted the pick somewhat if we took Trufant at #10. Not good value. Even though I like him as a player....
Also I'm not a big fan of value....so if like him take him!

Agreed on both accounts....I am liking Johnathan Banks in the 2nd for us as a possibility. Also looking at Leon McFadden or B.W. Webb in the 4th would work for me as well.

Banks I love. I hope he slides to the 2nd. Looks like he may because of his slow 40. But his college production is 1st round worthy.
VYoung10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millner or Star please at #10.
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83
TitanMan30

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me crazy but I just dont love corners the way others do. Go back ten years and tell me all the corners who have made a huge impact that were taken in the first round. Patrick Peterson and Darrelle Revis are probably the two most talented that I can think of and neither have propelled their teams to greatness so far. The titans have proven that you can find reliable cbs late in the draft for cheap. Ie, Finnegan, Verner, Mccourty. Coty Sensabaugh came in and played fine late in the season. Its obviously my personal opinion and I'm not saying I'm right. But I truly believe a cb is a complete waste of a first round pick. Richard Sherman, arguably the best cover corner in the nfl not named Revis, a 5th round pick. Look at last years class. Janoris Jenkins and Casey Hayward both outshined their first round counterparts. Top ten picks need to have impact.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft Milliner and hope he becomes Richard Sherman. Might bring some fear back to this defense again.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanMan30 wrote:
Call me crazy but I just dont love corners the way others do. Go back ten years and tell me all the corners who have made a huge impact that were taken in the first round. Patrick Peterson and Darrelle Revis are probably the two most talented that I can think of and neither have propelled their teams to greatness so far. The titans have proven that you can find reliable cbs late in the draft for cheap. Ie, Finnegan, Verner, Mccourty. Coty Sensabaugh came in and played fine late in the season. Its obviously my personal opinion and I'm not saying I'm right. But I truly believe a cb is a complete waste of a first round pick. Richard Sherman, arguably the best cover corner in the nfl not named Revis, a 5th round pick. Look at last years class. Janoris Jenkins and Casey Hayward both outshined their first round counterparts. Top ten picks need to have impact.

I agree with all this. Now I'm feeling we should take a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. Being that all we really have right now is Britt and Wright. So much WR talent in this draft.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanMan30 wrote:

Totally agree...

Finny (7th Rnd), McCourty (7th Rnd), Verner (4th Rnd), Cary Williams (7th Rnd). These are pro CBs who WE drafted and could be solid starters for just about any team. Oh wait, they ARE solid starters for their teams. Go figure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: