Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Forgotten Players
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
The only real back ups that I see having a legit chance to start next year are R. Leary at Guard and either Wilber or Albright at SAM.

Will Hannah start, or will we find somebody else. Plus I see Harris getting a shot also, or maybe Beasley.

Plus whats his name...Danny Coale is still there

Hannah will not be a starter for this team as long as witten is on it. He may "start" a couple games, but he wont be what I would classify a "starter".

Same with the WRs. Only 2 WRs are starters, Dez and Austin.

Come on Matts, if everytime we run a 2 TE set and Hannah is in doesn't that make him a starter? If everytime we run the spread, doesn't that make the slot reciever a starter?

Last edited by Hawksrealm on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
superfly3176

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point is Matt Johnson a backup player though? There's two safety spots, the Mccray experiment is over and all we have is church atm.

I really think it'll be oline and safety this draft.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
The only real back ups that I see having a legit chance to start next year are R. Leary at Guard and either Wilber or Albright at SAM.

Will Hannah start, or will we find somebody else. Plus I see Harris getting a shot also, or maybe Beasley.

Hannah will not be a starter for this team as long as witten is on it. He may "start" a couple games, but he wont be what I would classify a "starter".

Come on Matts, if everytime we run a 2 TE set and Hannah is in doesn't that make him a starter? If everytime we run the spread, doesn't that make the slot reciever a starter?

we clearly have a different view of the term starter. There are only 11 of them. Everyone else is a back up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superfly3176 wrote:
At this point is Matt Johnson a backup player though? There's two safety spots, the Mccray experiment is over and all we have is church atm.

Johnson and church are the starters atm

Last edited by Matts4313 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superfly3176 wrote:

Why is the McCray experiment over? I may have missed some news
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

we clearly have a different view of the term starter. There are only 11 of them. Everyone else is a back up.

You have me laughing now, how do you define eleven, If the first play of the game is a 2 TE set, are they the starters, or if we open with the spread, are they the starters....or does it simply have to be Pro-set...yeah we do disagree on who is a starter.

I feel sorry for Denver paying Welker all that money to not be a starter.

Last edited by Hawksrealm on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
superfly3176

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
superfly3176 wrote:

I don't mean as far as the team goes I mean as far as starting at safety. He was pathetic last year.
htfryar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Matts, that's how most people view it. We can run a lot of spread or 2 TE packages, that doesn't make the 3rd & 4th WR's or 2nd TE starters. The last few games, we had a rotation of Free and Parnell at RT, but no one said we had 2 starting RT's. Just because someone plays significant snaps, does not make him a starter.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
htfryar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
superfly3176 wrote:

Nice edit there Matts, but I saw it. I was just about to ask who Chicken Rch was.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superfly3176 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
superfly3176 wrote:

I don't mean as far as the team goes I mean as far as starting at safety. He was pathetic last year.

Actually, I think Sensabaugh was pathetic, Danny can only get better, and this year in the Tampa 2 he might be a good rotational player. Plus he's aces on special teams....we need this kid.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

You have me laughing now, how do you define eleven, If the first play of the game is a 2 TE set, are they the starters, or if we open with the spread, are they the starters....or does it simply have to be Pro-set...yeah we do disagree on who is a starter.

I feel sorry for Denver paying Welker all that money to not be a starter.

go to NFL.com
click on the cowboys
click on depth chart

that's how everyone else does it... Maybe your just unique?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
superfly3176 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
superfly3176 wrote:

Actually, I think Sensabaugh was pathetic, Danny can only get better, and this year in the Tampa 2 he might be a good rotational player. Plus he's aces on special teams....we need this kid.

McCray has little value other than Special Teams. He does not have the speed or range to play S in the Tampa 2.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
superfly3176 wrote:

Nice edit there Matts, but I saw it. I was just about to ask who Chicken Rch was.

autocorrect ftl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
superfly3176 wrote:

autocorrect ftl

I thought maybe you were just hungry and were craving some Ranch Chicken.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
superfly3176 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
superfly3176 wrote:

McCray has little value other than Special Teams. He does not have the speed or range to play S in the Tampa 2.

HT thats your opinion and I can live with it.....but when the coaches all disagree with what you guys write....then they are all stupid and should never of had an NFL job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: