Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Forgotten Players
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Forgotten Players Reply with quote

Every single year when we have these conversations about how to fill a need, some players that are already on the roster, don't get discussed.

I see most places people still crying about Doug Free, I think its a forgone conclusion he'll not be playing T, and might get cut June 1st. So Parnell will be called to step in....But wait we signed this OT Darrion Weems to a 3 yr contract.

Anybody know anything about this guy, his job seems to be safe!
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backup LT

Sig courtesy of mack.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real back ups that I see having a legit chance to start next year are R. Leary at Guard and either Wilber or Albright at SAM.
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calahan said a month ago "I have the guys I need" we as fans have chosen to ignore this.

The more I read, the more I'm convinced, we are being fooled into the fact the Cowboys are going for O-line help early.

With the depth the roster shows of O-linemen, we sure will have to cut somebody. JJ is not going to admit his big money spent on the O-line last year was a mistake.

I can't point my finger at anybody but Free they might cut, which leaves us to dance with who we have.
htfryar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
Calahan said a month ago "I have the guys I need" we as fans have chosen to ignore this.

The more I read, the more I'm convinced, we are being fooled into the fact the Cowboys are going for O-line help early.

With the depth the roster shows of O-linemen, we sure will have to cut somebody. JJ is not going to admit his big money spent on the O-line last year was a mistake.

I can't point my finger at anybody but Free they might cut, which leaves us to dance with who we have.

I truly hope you are wrong. Our o-line was pathetic last season. If the team does not address it in the draft, they will risk alienating the fan base.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
The only real back ups that I see having a legit chance to start next year are R. Leary at Guard and either Wilber or Albright at SAM.

Will Hannah start, or will we find somebody else. Plus I see Harris getting a shot also, or maybe Beasley.

Plus whats his name...Danny Coale is still there
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:

I truly hope you are wrong. Our o-line was pathetic last season. If the team does not address it in the draft, they will risk alienating the fan base.

This speaks to the old standby....an O-line doesn't have to be full of superstars, they just need time to play together.

Note: 89 Cowboys O-line was the pitts, but when they won their 1st super bowl they were pretty Damn good.

If you are Jason Garrett are you listening to Calahan, your second in command....or is it just a smoke screem....I don't have a clue, but I will not be surprized if we do wait til late to grab an O-lineman. I'm just trying to figure out the possible senarios.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only backup players that have a chance of winning a starting spot outright (not getting it due to injury) are Parnell at RT, Wilber/Albright at SOLB, and possibly Matt Johnson at S.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:

Then does his teaching process take 5 years? If he truly said that and meant it, he is a complete idiot, and deserves to be punched in the scrotum.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Will Hannah start, or will we find somebody else. Plus I see Harris getting a shot also, or maybe Beasley.

Plus whats his name...Danny Coale is still there

Hannah will not be a starter for this team as long as witten is on it. He may "start" a couple games, but he wont be what I would classify a "starter".

Same with the WRs. Only 2 WRs are starters, Dez and Austin.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:

Then does his teaching process take 5 years? If he truly said that and meant it, he is a complete idiot, and deserves to be punched in the scrotum.

What the hell??

He just got hired last January...
Northland

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:

I agree with you HT. The O Line was horrible last year and if not addressed Romo is going to get killed.
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:

If he truly said this? I thought a braintrust like you would know what coaches on the Cowboys are saying.

Here I'll give you one link....but there are many...another says Calahan loves his O-line....start punching, my money's on Calahan.

Bill Callahan "Content" With Dallas Cowboys Offensive Linemen ...
as usual I can't get a link to work here....just Google, Calahan on his O-line, enjoy

Last edited by Hawksrealm on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's he going to say? The line sucks, we need improvement? I doubt the team wants to show their hand going into the draft.

^^^mack
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
What's he going to say? The line sucks, we need improvement? I doubt the team wants to show their hand going into the draft.

WHAT?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: