Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans sign Bernard Pollard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Well I think you can take safety off the need list for the draft. I am not sure both Wilson & Pollard will be on the opening day roster?

I would disagree, who do we have at safety behind those 3? Johnson, Martin, Aflava? I think a 5th or 6th round pick could be spent on a developmental safety like Cooper Taylor. Remember Pollard only signed for one year.

I should have been more clear. I meant off the list at the top of the draft. Vaccaro, Elam, Reid, Cyprien & Shamrko Thomas will definately be off their radar now. I like DJ Swanger(sp) from South Carolina in the 4th or 5th. RoJo looked terrible last year. I think Martin will be pretty good. Aflava is a wasted roster spot IMO.

Man Swearigner is a better player than Thomas, Reid and maybe Elam he wont be around in the 4th. And I agree that I want to give Martin a shot but who knows how healthy he will be Cooper Taylor is a player I would love to target in the 5th or 6th. He is huge at 6'5" 235 and he runs well could be a good developmental SS.

Maybe they can grab Swearinger in the 3rd with one of the comp picks? That would be great.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Well I think you can take safety off the need list for the draft. I am not sure both Wilson & Pollard will be on the opening day roster?

I would disagree, who do we have at safety behind those 3? Johnson, Martin, Aflava? I think a 5th or 6th round pick could be spent on a developmental safety like Cooper Taylor. Remember Pollard only signed for one year.

I should have been more clear. I meant off the list at the top of the draft. Vaccaro, Elam, Reid, Cyprien & Shamrko Thomas will definately be off their radar now. I like DJ Swanger(sp) from South Carolina in the 4th or 5th. RoJo looked terrible last year. I think Martin will be pretty good. Aflava is a wasted roster spot IMO.

Man Swearigner is a better player than Thomas, Reid and maybe Elam he wont be around in the 4th. And I agree that I want to give Martin a shot but who knows how healthy he will be Cooper Taylor is a player I would love to target in the 5th or 6th. He is huge at 6'5" 235 and he runs well could be a good developmental SS.

Maybe they can grab Swearinger in the 3rd with one of the comp picks? That would be great.

I still think that will be tough, I have Elam, Cyipren and Swearinger going in the high to mid 2nd.

Props to Kempes ^
VY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man their is going to be some roster turnover in preseason. All these FA's plus the draft picks equates to some familiar faces parting ways eventually.

Not sure there's room for Wilson and Pollard, but I guess we'll see. Like having Pollard if only for his scare factor
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
Man their is going to be some roster turnover in preseason. All these FA's plus the draft picks equates to some familiar faces parting ways eventually.

Not sure there's room for Wilson and Pollard, but I guess we'll see. Like having Pollard if only for his scare factor

Why not, they would not have signed both if there wasnt. Plus we have zero depth at safety and Wilson brings a veteran leader which we have been lacking for years.

Props to Kempes ^
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:

The thing that scares me about Pollard is a personal foul penalty at a crucial time in a game this year & his locker room mutiny in Baltimore last year. Also in the Super Bowl Vernon Davis was beating him and Ray Lewis like a drum. We know how opposing TEs love to feast on the Titans. Did I mention the Titans play the 49ers this year? I hope one of these guys (Wilson or Pollard) solidifies the SS position at least for 2013. Pray
Neither signing impressed me, but it is what it is.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE the signing! I hope we draft another safety in the middle to later rounds though. I am all for releasing Al Afalva, Robert Johnson, Suaesi Tuimaunei, and Tracy Wilson.

Awesome free agency period this year!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Greg and Bernie show Very Happy

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
Brit_Titan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome news!

Being a young (20) Titans fan I'm so used to a boring free agency with a few minor additions.

Absolutely loving all this activity and I like this deal a lot. Huge upgrade to our D that we really needed.

Bring on the draft! Very Happy

Made by me.

My Gallery
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Wow.

That's all I have to say.

What a FA period.
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
VY wrote:

Why not, they would not have signed both if there wasnt. Plus we have zero depth at safety and Wilson brings a veteran leader which we have been lacking for years.

Just doesn't make sense carrying a backup safety that would be 30 - I'm assuming Pollard will be the starter by the end of camp if healthy. At that point we'd be better off with a younger guy that has more upside. The competition is great though and I think we need more of it.

Hoping that Pollard can be more of a 3-4 year solution if he keeps his head right. The more the coaching staff uses Griff as a center-fielder the better. Never understood why they wanted him so close to the line the past year or two.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
VY wrote:

Just doesn't make sense carrying a backup safety that would be 30 - I'm assuming Pollard will be the starter by the end of camp if healthy. At that point we'd be better off with a younger guy that has more upside.

Hoping that Pollard can be more of a 3-4 year solution if he keeps his head right. The more the coaching staff uses Griff as a center-fielder the better. Never understood why they wanted him so close to the line the past year or two.

Yea it does, Pollard is more of a one trick pony and it makes sense to have as many options as possible especially since Wilson has a very cheap contract.

Props to Kempes ^
-Munch-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is literally the most insane thing to happen to the titans in years... this offseason is ridiculous
Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
this is literally the most insane thing to happen to the titans in years... this offseason is ridiculous

That's a good thing, right? One thing about it, nobody can accuse Munchak and the FO of just sitting on their hands and not making any moves. They're not BSing around this offseason. We intend to make some noise.
VY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
-Munch- wrote:

That's a good thing, right? One thing about it, nobody can accuse Munchak and the FO of just sitting on their hands and not making any moves. They're not BSing around this offseason. We intend to make some noise.

I'd pump the brakes a bit on any noise-making. Still have leaps and bounds to improve on the pass rush and moving the ball on offense. But yea, if Munch doesn't somehow at least eke into the playoffs that's probably it on his time here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: