Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pacman Resigned to 3 year deal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Pacman Resigned to 3 year deal Reply with quote

per his twitter, we resigned him today...will post details as soon as i find any

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Hokie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see him back, but very surprised he got a 3 year deal. Good for him. He played well last season, as did Newman. Hope to see Newman back as well. Our secondary depth was a major strength last season, and it should only be better this year with adding Kirkpatrick, likely a highly drafted safety, Ghee, and Prater.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff, he's a great slot CB, and can give a special teams boost occasionally if needed.

I have higher hopes for Prater than Ghee at this point.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good. He's a good player that can provide a + impact to defense and ST's. Glad he got a 3 year deal too. I was getting tired of all the 1-2 year deals this team was handing out over the past few years. That's what got them into this situation this year with half of them being free agents.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Good stuff, he's a great slot CB, and can give a special teams boost occasionally if needed.

With the young guys we have, I think we're set at CB. LB, Safety and DE are the positions we should concentrate on for defense in the draft...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

With the young guys we have, I think we're set at CB. LB, Safety and DE are the positions we should concentrate on for defense in the draft...

I know Dunlap and MJ93 are in 1 year deals, but i expect both to sign long term and with Gilberry and Geathers back, i dont see it much as a need. LB and S though are a different story

theJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

I know Dunlap and MJ93 are in 1 year deals, but i expect both to sign long term and with Gilberry and Geathers back, i dont see it much as a need. LB and S though are a different story

You can almost never have enough DE's. I would draft a DE if only to replace Geathers, assuming Dunlap and MJ93 sign long term deals. But i wouldn't count on both of them resigning. It's going to be tough.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

Let's say Dunlap gets hurt. Now we're down to MJ93, Gilberry and Geathers. We definitely need another DE unless Moch is going to be a DE full time...

chris00cm wrote:
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

Let's say Dunlap gets hurt. Now we're down to MJ93, Gilberry and Geathers. We definitely need another DE unless Moch is going to be a DE full time...

Remember we also have Anderson under contract. I dont love the DE position outside of MJ, Dunlap and Gilberry and am not against drafting someone, but I just dont see it as a huge need.

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

Remember we also have Anderson under contract. I dont love the DE position outside of MJ, Dunlap and Gilberry and am not against drafting someone, but I just dont see it as a huge need.

I don't see it as a huge need, but a need nonetheless with Geathers still on the roster...

chris00cm wrote:
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

I don't see it as a huge need, but a need nonetheless with Geathers still on the roster...

Knowing he is on the roster, you should feel safe that we need no more help at DE. He is everything you could want in a starting LE Very Happy

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I know Dunlap and MJ93 are in 1 year deals, but i expect both to sign long term and with Gilberry and Geathers back, i dont see it much as a need.

Not sure I agree.

DE is a high prtority; you can never have enough good pass rushers. The pass rush looks a little thin if MJ or CD get injured, and the whole team fell away when Dunlap wasn't around last year.

As well as big Andre if he re-signs, we will need to find shed loads of $$$'s for Geno, Green, Dalton and Dunlap, and maybe Carlos ends up the odd man out.

We need to find another stud DE with one of our top picks IMO.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
I know Dunlap and MJ93 are in 1 year deals, but i expect both to sign long term and with Gilberry and Geathers back, i dont see it much as a need.

Not sure I agree.

DE is a high prtority; you can never have enough good pass rushers. The pass rush looks a little thin if MJ or CD get injured, and the whole team fell away when Dunlap wasn't around last year.

As well as big Andre if he re-signs, we will need to find shed loads of $$$'s for Geno, Green, Dalton and Dunlap, and maybe Carlos ends up the odd man out.

If Carridine falls to 37 I would love that pick.

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Not sure I agree.

If Carridine falls to 37 I would love that pick.

How about Margas Hunt ? I like what I see of him. Guy looks a handful.......
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only way I see us taking a DE before rd 6 is if it is crazy good value.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: