Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hoping Jarvis is average
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelkev43

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Jones was very average

4.85 40,
30.5 vertical,
8'7 / 9'3" long,
7.45 3-cone,
20 reps,

no shuttle i can find yet.

So will he take a fall like Damontre Moore?

honestly, no. And im no longer sure that Moore will fall much either. Not a lot of Defensive players in this.draft have stood out. The ones that did will go.first. After that itll be the best of the average and I think Moore and Jones couod be at the top of that list.

Those are pedestrian numbers. I would expect he falls out of the top 10, and if so, you never know how it plays out from there.

Jones would thrive in the Steelers system.
Follow him up with:

1. Jarvis Jones OLB
2. Johnathan Cyprien S
3. Aaron Dobson WR
4. Laveon Bell RB
5. Allen Bailey G
6. Ace Sanders KR/Slot
7. Duke Williams S

Draft next year:
ILB
DT
CB
rollins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
They said he had a leg problem. i would still trust film more than combine numbers. Moore and jones have put up some good film. Jones can't stop the run but neither can Ware.

I believe that Moore's film is not as good as his numbers lead you to believe. He doesn't have any wow plays. A lot of coverage sacks and a lot of scheme sacks.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was more wondering if you'd have Jones play on the same side as Woodley?? Maybe Woodley wouldn't hibernate if he played less?
rollins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
jebrick wrote:
They said he had a leg problem. i would still trust film more than combine numbers. Moore and jones have put up some good film. Jones can't stop the run but neither can Ware.

Are you saying you think Jones is going to.be the next DeMarcus Ware?

If thats true he is bound to.go top 10.

He has shown athleticism that is Ware-like. I have said all along, he is a top 5-10 player based on pass rush alone. If he fell to the Steelers I would wonder if something was wrong.

Most teams would rather the taller OLBs in a 3-4 and faster OLBs in a 4-3. So becuase of those reasons I think he has a good chance of falling to us.
CanadianSteeler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would anybody be shocked if he was available and we passed? I seen a thing on nfl network and it was on espn an article about how tomlin like worilds and its time for him to step up....if that is the case ....makes me beg the question is olb our clear cut biggest need....

If not Jones....(assuming he is available) than who?

The more I think about it....and I think olb is a need.... I think we will have to really consider Cyprien or Vaccaro at Safety.... and here is my reasoning.... I know out pass rush has suffered, however, if and when troy does go down again...who is his back up and with clark starting to get on in age...I think if we do bring in someone to learn it is best while those two are there right now to learn from....before we think all hell has broken loose we did have the number one defense last year, statistically anyways... I believe our shortcomings last year were more from our inconsistencies and adjusting to haley than anything else.... all in all I think jones should be a stud, I just get scared about his back condition....and wonder if he does slide - is it for good reason....

other than safety I am concerned with our Nose....although there is a lot of talent along the dline... so im sure we address this in later rounds!
rollins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanadianSteeler wrote:
would anybody be shocked if he was available and we passed? I seen a thing on nfl network and it was on espn an article about how tomlin like worilds and its time for him to step up....if that is the case ....makes me beg the question is olb our clear cut biggest need....

If not Jones....(assuming he is available) than who?

The more I think about it....and I think olb is a need.... I think we will have to really consider Cyprien or Vaccaro at Safety.... and here is my reasoning.... I know out pass rush has suffered, however, if and when troy does go down again...who is his back up and with clark starting to get on in age...I think if we do bring in someone to learn it is best while those two are there right now to learn from....before we think all hell has broken loose we did have the number one defense last year, statistically anyways... I believe our shortcomings last year were more from our inconsistencies and adjusting to haley than anything else.... all in all I think jones should be a stud, I just get scared about his back condition....and wonder if he does slide - is it for good reason....

other than safety I am concerned with our Nose....although there is a lot of talent along the dline... so im sure we address this in later rounds!

I would be pissed if we passed on Jarvis for anything other than health concerns.

Worilds may have more growth in his game but I am pretty confident that he will never be elite. Jarvis Jones has the looks of an elite prospect at OLB. How many chances will we have at a prospect like Jarvis in the draft when we normally draft in the 20's
kysteeler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No question he will be there at 17, look how hard Damontre Moore fell with a 4.8 40, a 4.92 will surely put Jones in the bottom half of the 1st.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8373/jarvis-jones
The36Bus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelkev43 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Jones was very average

4.85 40,
30.5 vertical,
8'7 / 9'3" long,
7.45 3-cone,
20 reps,

no shuttle i can find yet.

So will he take a fall like Damontre Moore?

honestly, no. And im no longer sure that Moore will fall much either. Not a lot of Defensive players in this.draft have stood out. The ones that did will go.first. After that itll be the best of the average and I think Moore and Jones couod be at the top of that list.

Those are pedestrian numbers. I would expect he falls out of the top 10, and if so, you never know how it plays out from there.

Jones would thrive in the Steelers system.
Follow him up with:

1. Jarvis Jones OLB
2. Johnathan Cyprien S
3. Aaron Dobson WR
4. Laveon Bell RB
5. Allen Bailey G
6. Ace Sanders KR/Slot
7. Duke Williams S

Draft next year:
ILB
DT
CB

I like that draft but i dont think Cyprien is going to be available for our second rounder. If they like Shemarko Thomas he could be there but will be gone by the third. Also, if we lose Sanders I'd like to see a second WR taken in the third, such as Swope.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kysteeler wrote:
No question he will be there at 17, look how hard Damontre Moore fell with a 4.8 40, a 4.92 will surely put Jones in the bottom half of the 1st.

We can only hope!! He is such a better prospect than Moore, IMO. If we somehow land Jones, I'd be ecstatic, personally.

Alas, there is NO way he sides past the Saints, IMO, with their switch to a 3-4. Unless, of course, Star Lotulelei somehow scares teams off until 15, then they'd be hard pressed not to take Star.

We are "doomed" where we are picking, I fear. My last mock I had us taking Cooper. I'd be "ok" with that, but certainly not what I'd like to happen. Jones is definitely at the top of my board for the Steelers, but can't for the life of see him being there...Dream draft?

1.17 -- Jarvis Jones
2.48 -- Justin Hunter/Eddie Lacy
3.79 -- Johnathan Franklin/Aaron Dobson

Then ILB, FS, SS, CB, OG/OT depth, in whatever order

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
rollins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones Post Pro Day Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3remLgSaWE

"I dont know what I ran, I don't wanna know. Im a football player."

I absolutely love this response. I agree with him 100%.
rollins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
kysteeler wrote:

We can only hope!! He is such a better prospect than Moore, IMO. If we somehow land Jones, I'd be ecstatic, personally.

Alas, there is NO way he sides past the Saints, IMO, with their switch to a 3-4. Unless, of course, Star Lotulelei somehow scares teams off until 15, then they'd be hard pressed not to take Star.

We are "doomed" where we are picking, I fear. My last mock I had us taking Cooper. I'd be "ok" with that, but certainly not what I'd like to happen. Jones is definitely at the top of my board for the Steelers, but can't for the life of see him being there...Dream draft?

1.17 -- Jarvis Jones

I think NO would pick Jordan, Mingo, or Ansah over Jones. So I think it definitely is possible that he could be there for us.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rollins wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
kysteeler wrote:

1.17 -- Jarvis Jones

I think NO would pick Jordan, Mingo, or Ansah over Jones. So I think it definitely is possible that he could be there for us.

Jordan and Ansah will be gone...and who would you pick, Mingo or Jones? I'll go with the slower guy that isn't useless in run support.

at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Ward: 43 dumped you!! Anyhow, I agree that those two guys will almost definitely not be there!!
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
@Ward: 43 dumped you!! Anyhow, I agree that those two guys will almost definitely not be there!!

That's news to me...that two-timing scoundrel!! Laughing

armsteeld

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the interview with Mayok, jones said all doctors have his x-ray results and gave him the green light. He looked awkward running his 40s and reminded me of Brandon Spikes. I am more curious about his 10 and 20 yard split.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: