Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why Fluker or Cyprien is going to be our pick at 18.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Why Fluker or Cyprien is going to be our pick at 18. Reply with quote

Imo everyone needs to accept the fact that when we pick at 18 these players will most likely be off the board

1. OT - L.JOECKEL
2. OT - E.FISHER
3. OT - L.JOHNSON]
4. OG - J.COOPER
5. OG - C.WARMACK
6. S - K.VACCARO]
7. DT - S.FLOYD
8. DT - S.LOUTELIE
9. DT - S.RICHARDSON

If this happens I believe based on need and BPA either Fluker or Cyprien must be the pick. A trade down would be ideal but if we stand pat one of these guys should be the pick. Fluker would replace Free day 1 at RT and Cyprien would start at FS day 1. I know alot of people may like Elam or Reid but F that! Cyprien is going to be the best safety or right there with Vaccaro out of this class you mark my word!

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and btw, I would not be upset at all if L.Warford was the pick at 18. I think he could end up being every bit as good as Cooper or Warmack. What say you?

MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd throw up if either was picked at 18 - see who falls and either take them or trade down, don't reach nearly an entire round

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
I'd throw up if either was picked at 18 - see who falls and either take them or trade down, don't reach nearly an entire round

It's not a reach. Fluker won't make it past the bears and Cyprien's value is on the rise and probably a 1st round pick. Like I said, in a scenario like I presented a trade down would be ideal but it's not easy to find a partner. Think about it, almost everyone wants to trade down the key is finding someone who wants to go up. Who could be there at 18 a team would come up for? I think maybe if a team like Minnesota fell in love with T.Austin they could give us pick 25 and their 3rd to come up to 18 but not sure about that.

WareWolf94

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If two guards go in the top 18 Ill wear the sig of anyone's choice.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the 9 guys you have off the board I'd take Werner, Jordon, Smith, Ansah, Patterson, and Moore, too name a few over either of your choices.

Kiltman on avy Pepper90 on sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Given the 9 guys you have off the board I'd take Werner, Jordon, Smith, Ansah, Patterson, and Moore, too name a few over either of your choices.

I assume all those guys will be gone too except Moore and Werner. Your crazy if you think Werner is a better pick.

Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
If two guards go in the top 18 Ill wear the sig of anyone's choice.

If they do then I get your sig?

WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

I assume all those guys will be gone too except Moore and Werner. Your crazy if you think Werner is a better pick.

Well, we'll just agree to disagree I guess. Personally, view Werner as the #1 DE in the draft and would take him over Fluker every time. Probably Moore as well. Fluker is a fringe 1st rder at best, imo. Same can be said of Cyprien as well.

Kiltman on avy Pepper90 on sig
George Selvie Fan Club
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

No YOU'RE Crazy...

I mean atleast articulate a reason why you think a RT with terrible feet and a run defending Safety are better value than a DE who is a projected Top 10 pick that slid to us?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely love Cyprien. I think he is going to end up with a team like the Ravens and in three years everyone is going to kick themselves for passing on him.

Ware was in that late first conversation until a few days before the draft, too. If Cyprien becomes a late riser, then I could definitely see him as a Cowboy at 18.

Fluker doesn't really do it for me there, but I wouldn't be too upset.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Why Fluker or Cyprien is going to be our pick at 18. Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
Imo everyone needs to accept the fact that when we pick at 18 these players will most likely be off the board

1. OT - L.JOECKEL
2. OT - E.FISHER
3. OT - L.JOHNSON]
4. OG - J.COOPER
5. OG - C.WARMACK
6. S - K.VACCARO]
7. DT - S.FLOYD
8. DT - S.LOUTELIE
9. DT - S.RICHARDSON

If this happens I believe based on need and BPA either Fluker or Cyprien must be the pick. A trade down would be ideal but if we stand pat one of these guys should be the pick. Fluker would replace Free day 1 at RT and Cyprien would start at FS day 1. I know alot of people may like Elam or Reid but F that! Cyprien is going to be the best safety or right there with Vaccaro out of this class you mark my word!

Not all of those players will be gone, I assure you. I'd bet good money that we won't see two OGs selected in the top 17.

Also, neither Cyprien nor Fluker are first round picks.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Justin Hoover82 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

No YOU'RE Crazy...

I mean atleast articulate a reason why you think a RT with terrible feet and a run defending Safety are better value than a DE who is a projected Top 10 pick that slid to us?

This.

JH82, I'll say this: MH and I agree on next to nothing with respect to many of the current players on this team, but he and I have seen eye-to-eye with respect to draft picks for years. He's 100% correct here. There is no logic reason to pass on the #1 DE in the entire draft - a guy who is slated as a top 5-10 pick - for a S or OT who is rated as a 2nd round prospect. It also goes for Warford, who is rated even lower than both Cyprien and Fluker.

The unwritten rule of the draft is that you never pass on superior talent simply to fill a need. You select the better player because he will make the team better overall.

Northland wrote:
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I absolutely love Cyprien. I think he is going to end up with a team like the Ravens and in three years everyone is going to kick themselves for passing on him.

Perhaps, but it doesn't change the fact that he's a fringe 1st rounder at the moment. Now if all of those players listed are gone, I'd be perfectly fine with trading down to the end of the 1st round and selecting either of them there, just not at 18. Better players will be available at 18.

Northland wrote:
Baixis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Why Fluker or Cyprien is going to be our pick at 18. Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Justin Hoover82 wrote:

1. OT - L.JOECKEL
2. OT - E.FISHER
3. OT - L.JOHNSON]
4. OG - J.COOPER
5. OG - C.WARMACK
6. S - K.VACCARO]
7. DT - S.FLOYD
8. DT - S.LOUTELIE
9. DT - S.RICHARDSON

Not all of those players will be gone, I assure you. I'd bet good money that we won't see two OGs selected in the top 17.

Also, neither Cyprien nor Fluker are first round picks.

Not sure what makes you think Fluker isn't a 1st rd pick! I highly doubt he makes it out of the top 20. He is THE BEST RT in the draft, and while RT is not as desirable as LT, it's still important enough to take in the 1st. I would love Fluker personally! Also, I've been reading more and more that Cyprian's main weakness is deep coverage, ie: he's NOT a center-fielder type. I think we need a FS more than a SS, or at least someone who can cover the slot better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: