You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lessons To Learn From 2012 Playoffs And What It Means For DC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 28320
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:
Pretty telling:

Dallas' defense was 31st in forcing interceptions with 7 interceptions while their offense was 3rd in the league with 19 interceptions.


With a stat line that, addressing the defensive backfield as opposed to working on a pass rush and the d-line worked out so well. Rolling Eyes

And, of course, Romo couldn't possibly be at fault for all of those INT's. At least 18 of them came from his WRs running the wrong routes, the sun being in his eyes, fans yelling at him, his o-linemen breaking wind, being hypnotized into believing he was Brett Favre, etc., etc.


Thats not fair. Our pass rush was not that dissimilar as the Bears/Hawks. Even more so in years past. The difference was a vanilla secondary scheme this year.


And the plague of injuries. But Plan9 already knows that.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 15309
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:
Pretty telling:

Dallas' defense was 31st in forcing interceptions with 7 interceptions while their offense was 3rd in the league with 19 interceptions.


With a stat line that, addressing the defensive backfield as opposed to working on a pass rush and the d-line worked out so well. Rolling Eyes

And, of course, Romo couldn't possibly be at fault for all of those INT's. At least 18 of them came from his WRs running the wrong routes, the sun being in his eyes, fans yelling at him, his o-linemen breaking wind, being hypnotized into believing he was Brett Favre, etc., etc.


Thats not fair. Our pass rush was not that dissimilar as the Bears/Hawks. Even more so in years past. The difference was a vanilla secondary scheme this year.


Vanilla secondary scheme? One reason Rob Ryan was fired was because it was not vanilla enough.

Dallas hasn't been good forcing TOs in years... Injuries or no injuries, 3-4 or 4-3, and the whole time dallas invested heavily into the secondary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 23296
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:
Pretty telling:

Dallas' defense was 31st in forcing interceptions with 7 interceptions while their offense was 3rd in the league with 19 interceptions.


With a stat line that, addressing the defensive backfield as opposed to working on a pass rush and the d-line worked out so well. Rolling Eyes

And, of course, Romo couldn't possibly be at fault for all of those INT's. At least 18 of them came from his WRs running the wrong routes, the sun being in his eyes, fans yelling at him, his o-linemen breaking wind, being hypnotized into believing he was Brett Favre, etc., etc.


Thats not fair. Our pass rush was not that dissimilar as the Bears/Hawks. Even more so in years past. The difference was a vanilla secondary scheme this year.


Too vanilla? You can't have it both ways, Matts. There are numerous articles out there - some of which were posted by you - which said that one of the reasons Ryan was fired was because his defense was too complex and too confusing for players on the defense. Do you not remember me questioning the mental aptitudes of our players after that was posted?

So you can't say that we were too vanilla after you said the scheme was too complex.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 49008
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:
Pretty telling:

Dallas' defense was 31st in forcing interceptions with 7 interceptions while their offense was 3rd in the league with 19 interceptions.


With a stat line that, addressing the defensive backfield as opposed to working on a pass rush and the d-line worked out so well. Rolling Eyes

And, of course, Romo couldn't possibly be at fault for all of those INT's. At least 18 of them came from his WRs running the wrong routes, the sun being in his eyes, fans yelling at him, his o-linemen breaking wind, being hypnotized into believing he was Brett Favre, etc., etc.


Thats not fair. Our pass rush was not that dissimilar as the Bears/Hawks. Even more so in years past. The difference was a vanilla secondary scheme this year.


Too vanilla? You can't have it both ways, Matts. There are numerous articles out there - some of which were posted by you - which said that one of the reasons Ryan was fired was because his defense was too complex and too confusing for players on the defense. Do you not remember me questioning the mental aptitudes of our players after that was posted?

So you can't say that we were too vanilla after you said the scheme was too complex.


The complexity came in the front 7. You and Slam know that. Dont act dumb.
_________________


Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 15309
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:
Pretty telling:

Dallas' defense was 31st in forcing interceptions with 7 interceptions while their offense was 3rd in the league with 19 interceptions.


With a stat line that, addressing the defensive backfield as opposed to working on a pass rush and the d-line worked out so well. Rolling Eyes

And, of course, Romo couldn't possibly be at fault for all of those INT's. At least 18 of them came from his WRs running the wrong routes, the sun being in his eyes, fans yelling at him, his o-linemen breaking wind, being hypnotized into believing he was Brett Favre, etc., etc.


Thats not fair. Our pass rush was not that dissimilar as the Bears/Hawks. Even more so in years past. The difference was a vanilla secondary scheme this year.


Too vanilla? You can't have it both ways, Matts. There are numerous articles out there - some of which were posted by you - which said that one of the reasons Ryan was fired was because his defense was too complex and too confusing for players on the defense. Do you not remember me questioning the mental aptitudes of our players after that was posted?

So you can't say that we were too vanilla after you said the scheme was too complex.


The complexity came in the front 7. You and Slam know that. Dont act dumb.


Not at all. The front 7 wasn't complicated. They rarely ran stunts, etc. the reference of the defense being too complicated was directed at secondary. thats why the Tampa 2 was brought in... Far more simple in the secondary
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 49008
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong...

The complexity was def in the front 7... Who was blitzing.. who was covering.. who was where... who was in.. who was out....

It seemed like "off" coverage the whole season though.
_________________


Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 15309
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matts is just straight making ish up. It was never the front 7 pointing fingers at each other or not knowing where to line up. That was all on the secondary.

It's not even like we ran complex blitzes either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 28320
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I tend to agree with Matts more on this. I saw our CB's do 1 thing and that was play off like whoa. I saw our S be confused like hell, and I saw our front seven be confused as well (well I should say front 6 since we had more often than not 10 men on the field).
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 49008
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
matts is just straight making ish up. It was never the front 7 pointing fingers at each other or not knowing where to line up. That was all on the secondary.

It's not even like we ran complex blitzes either.


agree to disagree then..

I remember plenty of times were a LB or DL would run on the field as the ball was being snapped. I also remember Sims letting the TE free release several times on a TE. I think thats were the bulk of our misfortunes happened. Though safety play was also terribad.
_________________


Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 15309
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
For what it's worth, I tend to agree with Matts more on this. I saw our CB's do 1 thing and that was play off like whoa. I saw our S be confused like hell, and I saw our front seven be confused as well (well I should say front 6 since we had more often than not 10 men on the field).


I can't think of one game where the front 7 was pointing fingers at each other or calling TOs because they didn't know where to line up or who to cover. I can think of several games where the secondary pointed fingers at each other, had no clue where to go, and even had to call TOs because WRs were left uncovered IN THE RED ZONE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 28320
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

I can't think of one game where the front 7 was pointing fingers at each other or calling TOs because they didn't know where to line up or who to cover. I can think of several games where the secondary pointed fingers at each other, had no clue where to go, and even had to call TOs because WRs were left uncovered IN THE RED ZONE.


Eih. I don't think it's fair to judge the gameplan based on what Street Free Agents could not figure out.

Seeing what they were supposed to do, I don't think the secondary scheme was all that complex.

[Shrugs]
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 23296
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

I can't think of one game where the front 7 was pointing fingers at each other or calling TOs because they didn't know where to line up or who to cover. I can think of several games where the secondary pointed fingers at each other, had no clue where to go, and even had to call TOs because WRs were left uncovered IN THE RED ZONE.


Eih. I don't think it's fair to judge the gameplan based on what Street Free Agents could not figure out.

Seeing what they were supposed to do, I don't think the secondary scheme was all that complex.

[Shrugs]


Yet, the reports were that Rob Ryan was fired because the players didn't understand the scheme. So they're either incredibly stupid as I mentioned weeks ago, or horrifyingly stupid if they couldn't understand the notion of "cover that uncovered WR at the 5 yard line".
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 49008
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ or the front 7 made a mistake.....
_________________


Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 23296
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
^^^^ or the front 7 made a mistake.....


The front 7 doesn't cover WRs. The front 7 also never had problems getting onto the field like our DBs regularly did.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3892
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
^^^^ or the front 7 made a mistake.....


The front 7 doesn't cover WRs. The front 7 also never had problems getting onto the field like our DBs regularly did.


Really? Because I seem to distinctly remember Anthony Spencer literally running onto the field and wasn't even past the numbers when the ball was snapped. Maybe I'm remembering wrong though....
_________________


Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group