Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your top five, doesn't matter how realistic.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
I don't get the Sharrif Floyd love at all.

What's not to get? His only weakness is against the run and he creates enough penetration to make that an after thought.

I don't see a top 10 pick, much less 3rd overall like some are projecting.

He looks limited to me as a prospect. Where's the room for growth? He looks maxed out physically, with excellent hands and pad level for a college player, so its not like he's going to develop much. He's a good athlete, but his length is underwhelmng, and it already shows in college imo, when he struggles to get his hands on his man he's ineffective. He looks like an NFL caliber player but not a real difference maker to me. If he's there at 29? I'd take him in a heartbeat. But top 5, no way. Especially with the far superior Richardson still on the board.
completely on board with you, though I have to say purely if used as a 34 end, I think shariff Floyd would make a killing and probably improve as a two gapper. Might turn out to have a career path comparable to Brett keisel or Ty Warren.

I don't see him as comparable to Keisel or Warren at all to be honest. Floyd's career is going to hinge on his ability to penetrate - either as a 3-technique or a 1-gap 5-technique. I know some are projecting him to 2-gap 5-technique, but IMO that's asking for him to bust.

From what I've seen of him, he doesn't have the length or the upper body power to 2-gap effectively.

I can see why people like him, and I can also see why people dislike him. He's a pretty polarizing prospect - much like the majority of the top 15-20 talents in this draft. It's shaping up to be an all-time stinker of a draft class and IMO we're going to be sitting here in 10 years laughing at the idea that some of these guys were thought of as top 10-15 worthy talent.

I've been following the draft obsessively for almost three decades and this is easily one of my 3 or 4 least favorite classes. Floyd is a good example of why.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
I don't get the Sharrif Floyd love at all.

What's not to get? His only weakness is against the run and he creates enough penetration to make that an after thought.

I don't see a top 10 pick, much less 3rd overall like some are projecting.

He looks limited to me as a prospect. Where's the room for growth? He looks maxed out physically, with excellent hands and pad level for a college player, so its not like he's going to develop much. He's a good athlete, but his length is underwhelmng, and it already shows in college imo, when he struggles to get his hands on his man he's ineffective. He looks like an NFL caliber player but not a real difference maker to me. If he's there at 29? I'd take him in a heartbeat. But top 5, no way. Especially with the far superior Richardson still on the board.

There is something to be said for drafting a player with a high floor. I think his ceiling is higher than you give him credit for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: