Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *5 Rounds* pt. 1 w/comparisons &
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB that early for the Vikings not likely.

1st Round: Patterson is great, and while i don't mind Jones, Xavier Rhodes hits a much bigger need and is better player.

2nd: Love getting Te'o there.

3rd: Bad pick, with Cassel signing, doubtful they look at a QB near that early, probably 5-6th round option. Barrett Jones or Gerald Hodges are better options or Bennie Logan or another WR.

4th: Two solid 4th round picks.

5th round pick is okay, could see them going RB there, but OG, DB, WR, LB all seem more likely.

Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good draft for the Giants. According to your board I'd go like this though:

1) Rhodes CB or Ogletree LB
2) Tank DE
3) Williams DT, Logan DT, or Jones OL
4) Rambo S
5) Simon CB
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Good draft for Bills,

I actually have to disagree. I'd be strongly questioning Nix's judgment in this case. Geno falls to him and he passes? Then he trades away his third round pick to move up for Nassib as the second QB off the board?

I feel strongly that Nassib is in no way close to the second best QB, and addressing defense in the 1st and fourth while trading away the third means we now have a QB who, at least in his first year, likely isn't going to play as well as Fitz while having a worse situation on the OLine and WR corp.

I think we'd be looking at a 2-5 win season in this scenario, which to be fair, could be a great way to pick up Teddy Bridgewater. I just hope Marrone and Nix are smart enough to realize you don't hesitate for a second to throw Nassib to the curb if you have a chance to grab him, even if he's only had one year.
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pruitt3443 wrote:
So the Browns need a CB and the best one falls to them and they trade down? That is possible if they get good value, which your trade does not do. If Milliner is sitting there they will not trade back unless they get much more than the Dolphins later 2nd round pick. This is a bad move that makes little sense.

Then you have them reach at a position which is not as much a need and pass on other players who either fill bigger needs and/or are better players in Ansah, Vaccaro, Lotulelei and Eifert? Again a failure in my opinion.

You further compound this mess by reaching up into the 2nd round with their newly acquired pick to take a guy who at best will maybe become a fair nickel back or kick returner and has all kinds of issues. No thanks.

Then in the 3rd round you have them pick an undersized TE over a few other players who are generally considered to be better than him at the same position in Ertz, Escobar and McDonald. Not sure what your thoughts were on this but again it looks like a bad pick.

In the 4th round much better picks than Wilson would be Swearinger, Brian Winters or Rambo. Not a fan of Wilson before the 5th round and do not view him as any more than a journeyman as a pro.

If we do not pick up a FS before this point then Williams is an okay choice although I would prefer we fill that spot earlier and with this pick you take a guy like Swope or maybe Dysert.

All in all, in my opinion your choices for the Browns are not very good, starting with the trade in the first round.

Appreciate your take but I need to post a rebuttal. There's a long list of recent players knocked strictly for their size that have gone on to become pro bowl and HOF players. Austin is a top ten talent and the best WR in this draft. He also possess the versatility of lining up as a change of pace RB and 3rd down back.

Chud did a great job of getting the ball to a similar type talent in Steve Smith. And I don't think Lombardi is as sold on the WRs as most fans are. Little is very questionable as a reliable WR and there is a need for a homerun hitting RB in the backfield that can also catch.

I disagree on Mathieu. I think he's more Brent Grimes or Antoine Winfield. After watching numerous interviews I'm sold on his character.

I do rate Reed higher then most. I think he's got special ability after the catch and will end up a bigger weapon then those others-especially in Chud offense.

And I'm sorry but I'm a huge fan of Wilson. Imo he's right up there with Geno as the best QB in this draft. And finally, Duke Williams is probably a longshot to still be available in the 5th, but as one of my fav prospects, I had him fall to us.

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Stopped reading with the Eric Fisher selection.

1) Moving a proven LT in Eugene Monroe to RT is dumb. I have no doubts that he could play there... but why? He's already one of the best LTs in the NFL and we're supposed to move him over for an unproven rookie?

2) Monroe is going to be in his contract year. Moving him to RT is a good way to make him not want to come back.

3) Bradfield would not play inside. He'd be the swing tackle.

OK. Forget moving Monroe. Let Fisher man RT. Are you opposed to taking an OT or just lining him up at LT? If Monroe is set to be a FA, it seems like having insurance on the left side would be a major priority, especially given how lackluster the line as a whole is. Who is your top choice at #2?

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
BrownLeader

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
QB that early for the Vikings not likely.

1st Round: Patterson is great, and while i don't mind Jones, Xavier Rhodes hits a much bigger need and is better player.

2nd: Love getting Te'o there.

3rd: Bad pick, with Cassel signing, doubtful they look at a QB near that early, probably 5-6th round option. Barrett Jones or Gerald Hodges are better options or Bennie Logan or another WR.

4th: Two solid 4th round picks.

5th round pick is okay, could see them going RB there, but OG, DB, WR, LB all seem more likely.

Your not saying your fine with Ponder and Cassel are you?

jcm412

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible Steelers draft. There are some major reaches.
jcm412

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible Steelers draft. There are some major reaches.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownLeader wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Stopped reading with the Eric Fisher selection.

1) Moving a proven LT in Eugene Monroe to RT is dumb. I have no doubts that he could play there... but why? He's already one of the best LTs in the NFL and we're supposed to move him over for an unproven rookie?

2) Monroe is going to be in his contract year. Moving him to RT is a good way to make him not want to come back.

3) Bradfield would not play inside. He'd be the swing tackle.

OK. Forget moving Monroe. Let Fisher man RT. Are you opposed to taking an OT or just lining him up at LT? If Monroe is set to be a FA, it seems like having insurance on the left side would be a major priority, especially given how lackluster the line as a whole is. Who is your top choice at #2?

So we're either drafting a RT at #2 or drafting a LT to annoy our current proven LT so he leaves?

I'll pass on that.

It looks like the selection will be Geno Smith. If it isn't him, it'll be some kind of pass rusher.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *5 Rounds* pt. 1 w/comparisons & Reply with quote

BrownLeader wrote:
18. Dallas Cowboys - Matt Elam*/S /Florida:
Stellar pro day and being looked at as both an in the box guy and a capable single high type. Pound for pound, one of the most physical defenders in the draft. NFL Comp. Dante Whitner

I would probably take Mingo here over Elam - Elam is a reach this high and I only have Vacarro has having a first round grade at S. I think Mingo could go Top 5 or Top 10 so he's BPA here. We may have tagged Spencer, but Mingo doesn't get passed over for just b/c of that.

Quote:
17. Dallas Cowboys - Kyle Long /OG/ Oregon:
Ultra athletic project with some off field issues but a solid lineage.

Solid pick

Quote:
18. Dallas Cowboys – Giovanni Bernard* /RB/ North Carolina:
Not as fast as the big runs would indicate and has some durability and physicality concerns, but can make something out of nothing with impressive natural running skills. NFL Comp.

Very Meh on this pick - rather look at Brennan Williams here to play RT or a Phillip Thomas

Quote:
17. Dallas Cowboys – DeVonte Holloman /LB/ South Carolina:
Showed well at shrine practices.

Brian Schwenke here - please!

Quote:
18. Dallas Cowboys – Maliciah Goodman /DE/ Clemson:
Needed depth guy.

Not terrible, but go Gillislee here to give depth behind Murray

Sig courtesy of mack.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love leon McFadden, but I'd rather have Rambo/Simon/Lotuleli
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great draft for the Redskins! Very Happy
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So San Diego trades a near Top 10 pick for the 33rd overall selection and a two future picks neither of which is a future 1st?

I'll put this as nicely as I can... did someone hit you in the head hard with a blunt instrument lately? Future picks are valued at a round later in current drafts, so effectively the Chargers would be trading from down 22 spots for a 3rd and a 5th. Um... no.

Moreover, people need to get off the "WR is teh Chargerz biggest need!" craze. We could have had Megatron last season, it wouldn't have mattered, Rivers was (slowly) running for his life on virtually every pass play. He was among the top 3 most sacked QB's in the league last season. He's been sacked 117 times in the past 3 seasons combined. DeAndre Hopkins or any other receiver in this draft isn't going to solve that.

Meanwhile, our OL Coach Joe D'Alessandris was the guy putting Terron Armstead through his paces at his pro day, so if we do pass on OT in the 1st round or trade back, that's a pretty good indication that there is interest and are ties to Armstead as a selection.

Put frankly though, you bent the Chargers over a barrel and did them dirty in this mock.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH I wouldn't hate this, but #4 seems a little high for Lane Johnson. However, he seems like a great fit for Chip's offense though.

I love me some Robert Woods, but I'm a USC homer.

Logan Ryan is fine in the 3rd. We could use the extra CB.

Hughes in the 4th hits a position of need, so that's fine there.

Taylor in the 5th I like, as long as he could play DE in a 3-4, which I think he may be capable of down the line. I really like his size.
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall I'd be very happy with this draft though there is one significant problem which is that you don't have us taking a safety, our biggest area of need. Replace Williams in the second (we aren't drafting a receiver that early as we already have five and wont carry six on the active roster) with a safety and this is a very good draft solid be happy with.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: