Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins LB Rob Jackson suspended by NFL for 4 games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Sound like he knew this was coming down considering he signed with us quickly.

I had my doubts about Jackson and how all of a sudden he was playing way better. While his play helped us it didnt help him.

How is it guys like London Fletcher can play at such a high level with nothing to aid them, yet boneheads like Jackson (Tanard and Rob) need to take something to help them be better. Where is the work hard attitude to succeed in these players.

At least with Mathieu, if he was drafted here, it was Marijuana and not PED's and you know that his talent is legit and not being helped.

SMDH. Brick wall Not talking Think
Cedric Griffin also.. Nice how you say it's not a big deal with Mathieu. Tanard Jackson's problem is marajuana, same with Fred Davis and Trent Williams

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

I had my doubts about Jackson and how all of a sudden he was playing way better. While his play helped us it didnt help him.

How is it guys like London Fletcher can play at such a high level with nothing to aid them, yet boneheads like Jackson (Tanard and Rob) need to take something to help them be better. Where is the work hard attitude to succeed in these players.

At least with Mathieu, if he was drafted here, it was Marijuana and not PED's and you know that his talent is legit and not being helped.

Cedric Griffin also.. Nice how you say it's not a big deal with Mathieu. Tanard Jackson's problem is marajuana, same with Fred Davis and Trent Williams

If you watched the NFL AM interviews with Mathieu I got a strong presence that he was ready to grow up and show the world how good he is at football and that he can surround himself with positive people that are going to influence his career for the better.

I mean, all you have to do is [inappropriate/removed] test him once a week to ensure that he has stayed off the crap.

But no one expected this out of Rob Jackson. And TWill and Sleepy Davis have shown that they are past that issue. So with guidance from those guys and a program to keep him away from the influence, and Mathieu will have a good career.

People can change but they have to want to, and the interview with Mathieu clearly showed me with integrity that Mathieu is on that path.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

If you watched the NFL AM interviews with Mathieu I got a strong presence that he was ready to grow up and show the world how good he is at football and that he can surround himself with positive people that are going to influence his career for the better.

I mean, all you have to do is [inappropriate/removed] test him once a week to ensure that he has stayed off the crap.

But no one expected this out of Rob Jackson. And TWill and Sleepy Davis have shown that they are past that issue. So with guidance from those guys and a program to keep him away from the influence, and Mathieu will have a good career.

People can change but they have to want to, and the interview with Mathieu clearly showed me with integrity that Mathieu is on that path.
actually, I think the warning signs were there for Fred Davis and that's why a 1st round talent fell to us. With Trent, I'm sure there was some signs there but they weren't strongly exposed because he didnt get in trouble.

I've seen Mathieu's speal and for now this turtle's not buying it. I still don't believe Ray Lewis when he preaches either. IMO Mathieu is a good actor ala Albert Haynesworth, when he wants to get paid, he'll say the right things but I don't think he'll live up to the "new" Mathieu for his entire career, just like Pacman jones didn't either.

I'd give him a shot as an udfa but in see him as a wasted drsft choice. I'd rather use it on someone Incan trust to be there for me and the team every Sunday, not someone who takes partying first.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
And this is the man that some prefer over Orakpo?

C'mon, Rob.
Do better!
sadly Sad. Well in all respect we all where in for talib. Jacksons not needed unless he would be at ILB and help cover but he'll barley see any playing time.

Ummmmm some decent OLB out there too.
that's not the point. You and Slateman have wanted to trade Orakpo for two years because you thought well we have Rob Jackson, well now look at Rob Jackson.

And between 2010-2013, Jackson will still be available for more games than Orakpo. So, basically, Jackson is outpeforming Orakpo when he's on the field.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

C'mon, Rob.
Do better!
sadly Sad. Well in all respect we all where in for talib. Jacksons not needed unless he would be at ILB and help cover but he'll barley see any playing time.

that's not the point. You and Slateman have wanted to trade Orakpo for two years because you thought well we have Rob Jackson, well now look at Rob Jackson.

And between 2010-2013, Jackson will still be available for more games than Orakpo. So, basically, Jackson is outpeforming Orakpo when he's on the field.

how many sacks did Jackson have vs. Orakpo?

Yeah, he is not outperforming him on the field.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Slateman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

C'mon, Rob.
Do better!

Defense was far better with Jackson starting.
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

C'mon, Rob.
Do better!

Um No. Just No.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

C'mon, Rob.
Do better!

The defense didn't get any pressure with Jackson starting. Orakpo is the better player I don't really get this arguement? People really think Jackson is better?

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 20 tackles, 1 FF, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 14 catches, 150 rec yards
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Woz wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/03/20/rob-jackson-facing-four-game-suspension-for-banned-substance/

Quote:
One source says the suspension was for the use of an unprescribed pain medication. The other source declined to say what substance Jackson tested positive for, but said that Jackson is appealing the punishment.

Hmm ... if it is pain medication, that means this would be his second failed test. Only get the four game suspension on first failure if it's a PED.

I'm a bit worried if it's unprescribed medication; that sounds like serious issues there for Jackson as a person. That can be a long hard road to hoe.

ROW to hoe -- Youse must be a city slicker Wink Laughing

D'oh!
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

Apparently, the Redskins knew of it before they offered him the deal. It's probably why he signed with us as opposed to testing the market since he knew once it was disclosed, he'd be persona non grata.

Quote:

Again, if it is pain medication, that's a different angle than PEDs. A more worrisome one.

Quote:

Cannot speak to Tanard, but if it is pain medication, it shows that Rob is trying to stay on the field for the team ... but at the risk of addiction.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

C'mon, Rob.
Do better!

our sacks dropped by 9 and pressure was far less with Orakpo out of the line up in 2012.(which happens to be the amount of sacks Rak got in 2011, coincidence, maybe/maybe not Confused ) Our pass D dropped from 12th to 30th, our points allowed dropped by 4 points a game.

I'm sorry man, but what you are saying is simply not true and I don't know how you can come in here and say it and expect any credibility at all.

Slateman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

C'mon, Rob.
Do better!

our sacks dropped by 9 and pressure was far less with Orakpo out of the line up in 2012.(which happens to be the amount of sacks Rak got in 2011, coincidence, maybe/maybe not Confused ) Our pass D dropped from 12th to 30th, our points allowed dropped by 4 points a game.

I'm sorry man, but what you are saying is simply not true and I don't know how you can come in here and say it and expect any credibility at all.

And yet the defense was, unquestionably, better than last season. Particularly the last 5 games of the season and the first half of the 2012 season.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

C'mon, Rob.
Do better!

And yet the defense was, unquestionably, better than last season. Particularly the last 5 games of the season and the first half of the 2012 season.
there is absolutely NO Effin way our defense was better in 2012 than in 2011 except being more opportunistic.

I just showed you every way our defense was better.

Also, in 2011 we had turnover machines Rex and Beck giving the ball to the opponents 30 times during the year and that put our defense in worse positons all game long with having to defend a short field. All that, and our defense still gave up less points a game in 2011 than it did in 2012 when Orakpo was healthy.

You're argument makes zero sense because you have zero facts to back it up, actually- you don't even have an argument, no points to being to this discussion at all.

What are you basing this off of?

The fact that we won?

That was a combination of our offense being a whole lot better on the ground and controling the clock. Our offense didnt turn the ball over as much. our kicking game better (almost perfect) with Forbath and our defense was more opportunistic towards the end of 2012. The defense wasn't better in any other category and certainly not the one that tells us the biggest difference between Orakpo and Rob Jackson- pressures and sacks on the quarterback.

We want our rolb to be the best pass rusher on the field and Orakpo was, rob Jackson's wasn't. (Kerrigan was better last year, but he's not better than Orakpo) Rob Jackson's highest sack total in his 5 year career is 1/2 of what Orakpo's worst sack total was in his 3 years of being healthy for us.

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brian23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

C'mon, Rob.
Do better!

If you say when he's on the field, that means when they're both able to play which means Rak won.

How does that make any sense?
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

C'mon, Rob.
Do better!

If you say when he's on the field, that means when they're both able to play which means Rak won.

How does that make any sense?
it doesn't, but in slateman's mind it does. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: