Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Osi Visited
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FalconsMVP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Osi Visited Reply with quote

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
RT @MikeGarafolo: Osi Umenyiora has made his first visit. It was today with the Atlanta Falcons. No word on a signing yet.

Adopt A Falcon:

Desmond Trufant (2 tackles, 1 PD)
JFalconFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really like this. Id prefer doom freeney or abe to go with a rookie 1st rounder.

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!
swoosh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFalconFan wrote:
Don't really like this. Id prefer doom freeney or abe to go with a rookie 1st rounder.

Doom is probably out of the picture. I think one of Freeney, Abe, or Osi (Osi being my prediction) will sign and then you'll see Dimitroff grab a second DE early in the draft.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict abe will be brought back and i just read that Mike Smith and TD werent even at the meeting with him

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
tech2186

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this. Osi is a hungry player and can be very impactful if used the right way

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
JFalconFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
JFalconFan wrote:

Doom is probably out of the picture. I think one of Freeney, Abe, or Osi (Osi being my prediction) will sign and then you'll see Dimitroff grab a second DE early in the draft.
On what basis do you say doom is out of the pic? I think his accidental release is a blessing you can't pass up.

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. Osi is a huge diva and hasn't played too well for the last few years. Don't want. I'd rather see Abe back.

If we're willing to make somewhat of a splash, make it Freeney. I'd love to see Doom, but I don't think that'll happen.
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
Meh. Osi is a huge diva and hasn't played too well for the last few years. Don't want. I'd rather see Abe back.

If we're willing to make somewhat of a splash, make it Freeney. I'd love to see Doom, but I don't think that'll happen.

I'm guessing you don't realize Freeney and especially Doom will be wayyyy to expensive. We are cutting it somewhat close on cap

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osi was the last of the DEs on the market I expected us to go after, but I'm intruiged. Atleast we're making some sort of attempt at bringing in one of the vet DEs. Shame that it probably wont be Abe at this point

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:

I'm guessing you don't realize Freeney and especially Doom will be wayyyy to expensive. We are cutting it somewhat close on cap

Completely agree. Money will be the deciding factor and there's someone out there willing to pay Doom probably twice what we could afford. Osi would be ideal for the right price, but I would be happy with anyone that doesn't eat up the rest of our cap.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:

Oh no, I realize that. Doom defiantly, but a man can still dream about Freeney. He hasn't gotten any takers yet, so it's not impossible that he could still come.

I just really don't want Osi.
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
adam9 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:

Oh no, I realize that. Doom defiantly, but a man can still dream about Freeney. He hasn't gotten any takers yet, so it's not impossible that he could still come.

I just really don't want Osi.

He's about the best on the market. One could argue Freeney or Abe, but maybe Osi fits what Nolan wants. Idk the situation but if they want Osi over those other two, I don't have a problem with it personally..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFalconFan wrote:
swoosh wrote:
JFalconFan wrote:

On what basis do you say doom is out of the pic? I think his accidental release is a blessing you can't pass up.
Too expensive.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osi is a shell of the former player. The guy I want hasn't even been mentioned all offseason, but he will be in my comprehensive offseason mock tomorrow, or when I sober up.

#JDI
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Osi is a shell of the former player. The guy I want hasn't even been mentioned all offseason, but he will be in my comprehensive offseason mock tomorrow, or when I sober up.

Finally, someone who agrees with me. Anxious to hear what you think, I haven't been too thrilled with all the FA options not named Freeney.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: