Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ricardo Lockette a Potential Sleeper?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Ricardo Lockette a Potential Sleeper? Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to Ricardo Lockette's progress," Harbaugh said Wednesday morning at the NFL owners meetings. "I can't wait to see what he does. A real inflection point for him is coming."

Quote:
"I'm sure there's things I can specifically name, but there's just something about him that I'm really fired up about," Harbaugh said. "He's got something else to him, too, besides just the analytical size, strength, speed. There's something special there. I just feel it."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/harbaugh-fired-about-young-wide-receiver

Lockette obviously wanted to really stay here as he declined to join a 53 man roster elsewhere, but thoughts on him being the next young stud WR instead of Jenkins? The physical attributes are intriguing, and we desperately need a red zone threat. IIRC, he was with Kaepernick training before anyone else, correct?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something special? Like speed that has from time to time been measured below 4.3 for the 40? Anyone who thinks we need to add a speed burner to our team ought to take a closer look at Lockette.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Something special? Like speed that has from time to time been measured below 4.3 for the 40? Anyone who thinks we need to add a speed burner to our team ought to take a closer look at Lockette.

Well, Harbaugh said physical attributes aside, there is something special here. So basically he knows he has special physical attributes, but the man inside him is something to watch for. I just love the fact he turned down opportunities to make someone else's ACTIVE roster to stay here. His work ethic seems top level, and every player on the team has high marks for him.

Quote:
@Boobie24Dixon: Y'all follow my boy @RicardoLockette fa real a stud with hands like gloves lol Turnt to the max

I just wanted to get a Boobie Dixon tweet in my post Laughing .

I'm not saying Jenkins is going to bust or anything, but this will make up for it if Lockette becomes our 2nd WR behind Crabtree.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Ricardo Lockette a Potential Sleeper? Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
thoughts on him being the next young stud WR instead of Jenkins?

Not going to knock him till we get to see and hear more of him. Hopefully, he brings it. If not, then hopefully AJJ or someone else steps up and kicks arse.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ricardo Lockette a Potential Sleeper? Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Not going to knock him till we get to see and hear more of him. Hopefully, he brings it. If not, then hopefully AJJ or someone else steps up and kicks arse.

Oh, I completely agree and I'm not ready to lose hope on Jenkins just yet. Basically, what I'm saying is if Jenkins DOES bust, will the emergence of Lockette make up for it?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Ricardo Lockette a Potential Sleeper? Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Oh, I completely agree and I'm not ready to lose hope on Jenkins just yet. Basically, what I'm saying is if Jenkins DOES bust, will the emergence of Lockette make up for it?

^ yeah, I didn't take anything you said as a slight on AJJ. I think we all just want someone... anyone... to step up and prove that he OWNS that depth chart spot along with Crabtree, Boldin, and possibly Rio. (Kyle W... Lockette... a rookie... whoever!) Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, maybe we're just desperate for someone to step up at the position we have struggled with since TO left.

Lockette has great physical attributes, apparently has great hands, and has a great work ethic, so why the hell not? Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Right, maybe we're just desperate for someone to step up at the position we have struggled with since TO left.

Lockette has great physical attributes, apparently has great hands, and has a great work ethic, so why the hell not? Laughing

Not to be argumentative just for the heck of it.. but it is looking to me like Crabtree's really stepping up for that role. I think Crabtree's been making a real case for himself lately as a true #1 receiver.

... but if you just mean desperate to get that tall and blazing receiver with the awesome vertical? Yeah, haven't had a guy put it all together like that for us in a while.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabtree has most definitely stepped up and was one of the best WRs in the game during the 2nd half of the season. I fully have faith in him, but we obviously need another running mate for the future. Boldin could possibly give us two seasons max, but than what? That's where Jenkins and Lockette come to play and one of them will have to step up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Crabtree

was one of the best WRs in the game during the 2nd half of the season.

Was also kicking arse in the first half of the season. Neutral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, but he really started picking it up towards the 2nd half of the season. The last game Alex Smith played in he was on pace for a HUGE day. Obviously it took him time to get his chemistry right with Kaepernick, but after that he was having top level production. Never said he wasn't good in the first half of the season, but no one would call him one of the best WRs during that time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very great athlete. Decent but not great football player. I played against him in college and ran track against. This is my honest opinion, I root for to do very well because he is from the same conference as me and went to a HBCU as I did a well. He is also from the same city I played in in college. I actually scored more touchdown than him in 8 games my junior year than he did while he was in college and was coached by guys who coached him. Potential however, dude is blazing and has another gear that is rare. I saw him and Colin a few weeks ago at Ft. Valley and I'm rooting for him so he can open some doors for other guys who at these small schools in the south who are talented. Now, I personal was amazed he went to the combine and is even in the NFL but I sure wish him the best and hope he does well. I actually thought he had a future in track but he's big, strong and fast and more importantly confident. So I say that to say this, I wish him the best, but don't expect much.
neezy007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he gets good so I can make fun of chicken fans.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope he has a year but i dont think hes got it all, hes missing the hands and brain to go all out. poor kid

WINTER IS COMING
Clark87

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
hope he has a year but i dont think hes got it all, hes missing the hands and brain to go all out. poor kid

He doesn't have a brain? Rolling Eyes Anyways we will see how he works out. Kaepernick is working with him and that should help build chemistry between the two on the field. While he was in Seattle their was a QB question. Who was the actual starter was it Jackson or Whitehurst or Portis? The kid only played in 2 games. And he played very well.

GP REC TRGT YRDS AVG LNG TD's
2.... 2.......4....105...52.5...61 ...1

I have a feeling Seattle will regret letting this kid get away. Its not as if Seattle is loaded with WR's.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: