Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who would you pick Round 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Warford Reply with quote

MiBears4 wrote:
Al, I agree with you to a point. Per my board he is the 43 best player available and could still be there for our second pick.

IMHO a decent value.

Warford is a guy who is now being over evaluated because of his below average showing at the combine…very very few 6-3” 332lbs men are going to look good in shorts…Warford’s tape however shows a guy well worth a top 50 pick…his play against Florida with Floyd & Missouri with Richardson this year shows that he gets it done on the field…if we are looking for a new RG which without Louis being resigned we certainly are Warford would be a great pick up in the 2nd round for us.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Warford Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
MiBears4 wrote:
Al, I agree with you to a point. Per my board he is the 43 best player available and could still be there for our second pick.

IMHO a decent value.

Warford is a guy who is now being over evaluated because of his below average showing at the combine…very very few 6-3” 332lbs men are going to look good in shorts…Warford’s tape however shows a guy well worth a top 50 pick…his play against Florida with Floyd & Missouri with Richardson this year shows that he gets it done on the field…if we are looking for a new RG which without Louis being resigned we certainly are Warford would be a great pick up in the 2nd round for us.

I'm with you on this one MM. Warford at 50 is a great selection IMO.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Warford Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
MiBears4 wrote:

IMHO a decent value.

I really don't think that Warford makes it to 50.

The games against Floyd and especially Richardson show that he can run block and pass block against 1st round picks and while he is not that dynamic he can start day 1.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Warford Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
MiBears4 wrote:

IMHO a decent value.

I really don't think that Warford makes it to 50.

The games against Floyd and especially Richardson show that he can run block and pass block against 1st round picks and while he is not that dynamic he can start day 1.

Well I'm certainly not taking him higher than #50, there will be great value for a G at that spot with Long/Pugh/Jones/Warford.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like the Ogletree signing but since he has been pointed out I’ll go another route.

Since Austin is gone I would have to go with either WR Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter on offense, or CB Xavier Rhoades on defense.

Allen is another Percy Harvin-like player without the baggage. The man is explosive, has great run after the catch ability, and would easily be our second best RB if needed (though I would prefer to keep him on the outside if Forte was injured, but I would slide him into the 3rd down back in that instance). He can be dominant in the slot, big enough to play on the outside, can allow for a much easier release of Hester as he is an elite returner. Has the ability to play the Welker role for field position and first downs or to stretch the defense with the best of them. Can immediately be our #2 and slide to slot in 3-wides, and will be a dare to double team Marshall.

Hunter has elite speed, athleticism and size (6’4”, 200). Seeing him pair up with Marshall (6’4”, 230), may possibly supplant Jeffrey (6’3”, 220) for the number 2 position and create matchup nightmares for opposing defenses. When in a 3 wide set he can easily step into the slot (like with Allen) and be a clear upgrade from Bennett and lets Bennett step up on the outsides, where played the most in his best 2 years.

Rhoades- I firmly believe him to be the second best corner in the draft, behind only Milner. The guy is pretty big at CB, outdid Milner on the physical tests except for being about 0.06 seconds behind Milner’s electric 40. Getting to play nickel and be the number 3 CB behind Tillman and Jennings for a few years just allows him to develop and learn from two great vets, even letting Tillman transition to FS if Conte/Hardin don’t develop as believed or his speed degrades
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Carradine
2. Trufant
3. Te'o
Walshy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.Cooper
2.Brown
3.Austin
4.Ogletree
5a.Rhodes
b.Banks
c.Trufant
d.Patterson

I like Austin way more than Patterson.

I'm thinking of doing a forum prospect rankings. Is anyone on board?

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavon Austin
Chance Warmack
Johnthan Cooper
Bust

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Tavon Austin
Chance Warmack
Johnthan Cooper
Bust

Sadly - I think when 20 hits the only one of those that will be available is 'Bust'.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Highest rated OL in the Pre-Season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: