Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who would you pick Round 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lets_Play_2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade 20 to Philly (Florida State QB E.J. Manuel)

Get back this year's #35 (2nd) & 67 (3rd), and next year's 4th round pick.

Bears select from (Hopefully):

#35: Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State or Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff or Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky or Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State

#50: Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State or Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers or even Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame

#67: Kyle Long, OT, Oregon or David Bahktiari, OT, Colorado or Barrett Jones, C/G, Alabama or Justin Pugh, G/T, Syracuse -or- IMO, a real dark horse candidate, Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
G08

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm of the opinion guards can be found later in the draft and developed (Kromer has a track record of this as well).

We need a mike backer and I love me some Arthur Brown.

Is he "over-drafted" at 20?
blair18

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he miiiight be. I think it is a close call. Its hard nowadays to find really, I mean really impacting MLBs anymore. They're being eclipsed increasingly by these OLBs that can rack up sacks for your team and what not. Not saying its not still a very important position, but maybe the impact level of a 1st Round MLB arguably isn't what you'd see with other positions with more chances to get the sacks, the picks, what not.

I think we need to trade down, just based on the team we can field right now and not knowing what we'll do with the rest of FA. Buut, if we absolutely can't move down, and Cooper, and Warmack are gone, and at this point, maybe even if they ARE there, with Brown on the board, he might be the way to go.

Thanks to Lionsmack for the sig
G08

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

35 days, 20 hours, 7 minutes and 25 seconds.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur Brown is gaining some traction amongst Bears draftniks, and I know we're going to hear a lot more about Ogletree as well.

Here's a question that hasn't be posed though, and I'm asking this from the player's standpoint, not the team's standpoint: would Chicago be the best possible landing spot for Manti T'eo after the fake girlfriend thing? With a large Notre Dame fanbase already in the city, he could potentially face less criticism despite being in a major market.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Arthur Brown is gaining some traction amongst Bears draftniks, and I know we're going to hear a lot more about Ogletree as well.

Here's a question that hasn't be posed though, and I'm asking this from the player's standpoint, not the team's standpoint: would Chicago be the best possible landing spot for Manti T'eo after the fake girlfriend thing? With a large Notre Dame fanbase already in the city, he could potentially face less criticism despite being in a major market.

Probably. And I would probably cry if we picked him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Me too. But all of the Notre Dame meatheads would go nuts.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Laughing

They have to be one of the biggest meathead college sports fanbases. "Well I'm Irish, they're called the Fighting Irish, so YEAH!" I don't know any Greeks who blindly love the Michigan State Spartans...
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:

It wouldnt make a difference. The away games are gonna be the problem. Not the home.
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If those big boys from Bama are there take em. They can always put Fluker at OG. Whatever the Bears decide it's going to have to be immediate impact players period. P.S. Bears better add some killer speed to that receiving core.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:

I don't know any Greeks who blindly love the Michigan State Spartans...

Laughing
Pinky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaymont Harris wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

I don't know any Greeks who blindly love the Michigan State Spartans...

Laughing

I once meet a 19-year old father who was a USC fan, I thought 'better late than never'.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO

1) Trade down
2) OLB Arthur Brown
3) TE Tyler Eiffert for 2 TE sets
4) D J Fluker
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Laughing

They have to be one of the biggest meathead college sports fanbases. "Well I'm Irish, they're called the Fighting Irish, so YEAH!" I don't know any Greeks who blindly love the Michigan State Spartans...

That's why I started hating ND. I'm Irish and love my heritage and every now and then I'll wear a shirt with the Irish flag on it and people will come up to me and say something like, "Notre Dame fan, eh?" or "You see hat ND game last week?" - stuff like that and it really irks me. Why should I like a school that has French origins and is located in Indiana just because I have ancestors that came from Ireland? Doesn't make sense to me...

Then when you add in the scandals they've covered up and how much hype their players get only to fail in the NFL makes it a very hard school for me to like.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: