Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

B-More_2011's Post Week 1 of Free Agency Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B-More_2011

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: B-More_2011's Post Week 1 of Free Agency Mock Reply with quote

Incase you missed my previous mock, here's a link: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=513800

Is anyone else getting drunk off all the craziness in the NFL this offseason? I mean put aside the stuff thatís happened in Baltimore and look at the rest of the NFL alone, so many players are being released and going to new teams itís crazy. Iím expecting next year to be one of the craziest in years; everyoneís trying so hard to get underneath the cap. Iím not gonna do a whole write-up like I did last time, so Iíll just cut right to the chase:

Key Re-Signings
Joe Flacco Ė derp
Bryant Mickinne

Key Departures
Paul Kruger
Dannelle Ellerbe
Anquan Boldin
Cary Williams
Ray Lewis
Matt Birk
Bernard Pollard
Bobbie Williams

FA Signings

Elvis Dumervil, OLB - 1 year, $6 million

2013 NFL Draft

1. **TRADE** Miami trades both 2nd round picks to Baltimore for their 1st, 4th, and 5th

2. (43) Matt Elam, S, Florida - Look, regardless of re-signing Reed, we need to start finding potential replacments. I don't see Elam being a FS in NFL, but I think he's good enough to start at SS from day 1. I can see him falling this far because of his height, and thus he falls right to us.

2. (51) Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas State - I know a lot of you are high on Minter, as I am as well, but I don't see him falling all the way to the end of the first round after the combine he had. Brown is an instinctive LB with GREAT speed, he should be a a guy that can help us protect the middle of the field in the passing game. And maybe it's just me, but I Brown being a good pass rusher in our system with the way we blitz inside. He might need to put on another 10 lbs, but he should be a good player for us.

2. (64) Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas Pine Bluff - This dude is a freak. He might be a little too raw to start right away, but he should our future LT once we either release Mickinne or he retires.

3. (96) Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee - Oh hey, taking a reicever in the 3rd doesn't look so bad now does it? I think Rogers is a solid pick at 96. He might only have one year of true production, but he should be able to learn the system from Flacco and have guys like Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones help him tune out other important areas. Could see some playing time in 2013.

4. (Comp) Niko Johnson, ILB, Alabama - This is another guy I'm very high on. He's a big dude (6'3 245 lbs) and is a thumper. Probably won't play much his rookie year other than on special teams, but he could be a starter for us down the line playing next to Brown.

5. (comp) TJ McDonald, S, USC - This is mainly for depth but he could be an impact player. I know he's from USC but I like him as a prospect. I don't know if he's a SS or FS yet, but he should contribute on special teams right away, maybe as a gunner.

6. Brandon Moore, DT, Texas.
6. (comp) Kenny Tate, OLB, Maryland.
7. Michael Williams, TE, Alabma.
7 (comp) Vince Williams, ILB, Florida State

2013 Baltimore Ravens Depth Chart

QB: Joe Flacco, Tyrod Taylor
RB: Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Chris Rainey.
FB: Vonta Leach
WR 1: Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, Tandon Doss
WR 2: Da'Rick Rogers, La'Quan Williams
TE: Dennis Pitta, Ed Dickson, Michael Williams
LT: Bryant Mickinne, Terron Armstead
LG: Kelechi Osemele
C: Gino Gradkowski
RG: Marshal Yanda
RT: Michael Oher

DE: Chris Canty, Arthur Jone, Pernell McPhee
DT/NT: Terrance Cody, Haloti Ngata
DE: Haloti Ngata, Marcus Spears
SAM: Courtney Upshaw, Elvis Dumervil
WILL: Arthur Brown, Brandon Ayanbadejo
MIKE: Jameel McClain, Niko Jonson
RUSH: Terrell Suggs, Albert McClellan
LCB: Lardarius Webb, Jimmy Smith
RCB: Corey Ghram, Chykie Brown
FS: Christian Thompson
SS: Matt Elam, TJ McDonald

Give or take other back-ups. Thoguhts? Comments? Worries?
Where are the Chiefs at #11?

Nobody cares about the Chiefs.

Last edited by B-More_2011 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks to Lloyd -- just not enough production for me to want him.

As for the draft picks, I like them, but I think your trade is a bit generous for the Ravens. I'd think we'd have to give up our 3rd, or like I predicted in my mock, our 1st/2nd for their 2 2nds and a 5th/6th. The players, IMO, are mostly all falling further than I think they will beginning with Armstead, I think he's a mid 2nd rounder. I think Rogers goes 2nd round, Johnson is about right, McDonald I see as a 3rd rounder, Kruger as a 3rd/4th, etc. But, if we managed to snag them all, that'd be amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-did some parts because of the Reed signing, and fixed the trade with Miami to make it more fair.
Where are the Chiefs at #11?

Nobody cares about the Chiefs.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're missing a 6th rounder too. We have ours, SF's and a comp pick.

I don't really like Dumervil's deal--too short, too much money.

As to the draft, I agree with FM--its awesome in terms of take away, but very idealistic in where most of the picks are slotted.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iíve been of the opinion for a while that the Ravens should trade out of the first round, try to gather two or three second round picks. So I like the idea of trading for both of Miamiís a lot.

And I like the three players you have us taking in the second round (if theyíre still there, of course). Elam does look like he can start right away, and at the rate weíre going, weíll need to draft a Safety who can. Iíve not seen a whole lot of Arthur Brown, but I definitely would like to see one of the top echelon ILBs in Baltimore next year. And Armstead is a guy who looked great at the draft, can surely become a starter sooner rather than later.

Those three picks would address the Ravensí three most pressing needs, and should provide three day one starters. It would be great business by Ozzie if he could pull that off.

Not sure about DaíRick Rogers, because Iíve not really seen anything from him. I donít know how eager the Ravens are to go out and draft WRs though, considering the guys they still have on the roster. Smith, Jones, Doss, Williams, Thompson, Reed, Streeter are all there, and I would think theyíd want to run the rule over them all first.

I donít know that Iíd take a second Safety in the 5th, with Christian Thompson and Omar Brown still in contention. They can provide depth and Special Teams flexibility. Perhaps CB instead, because I can see either Webb or Graham being considered for Safety now that Reed is gone.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooselovechild wrote:
You're missing a 6th rounder too. We have ours, SF's and a comp pick.

I don't really like Dumervil's deal--too short, too much money.

As to the draft, I agree with FM--its awesome in terms of take away, but very idealistic in where most of the picks are slotted.

It's the most realistic scenario. Doomervil isn't going to meet his market demands by signing a deal this offseason. He'd be better off waiting a year and signing a 3/4 year deal after having a productive year. Especially with the TV deal money coming in 2015, he might be able to convince a team to give him a nice raise in year two of his deal anticipating having some extra cap room to use.

2015 and the increased cap is one of the main reasons why we're likely seeing so many players wanting to sign shorter deals... they're waiting for a piece of that increased cash.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: B-More_2011's Post Week 1 of Free Agency Mock Reply with quote

B-More_2011 wrote:

Key Re-Signings
Bryant Mickinne

FA Signings
Elvis Dumervil, OLB - 1 year, $6 million

2013 NFL Draft
1. **TRADE** Miami trades both 2nd round picks to Baltimore for their 1st, 4th, and 5th

2. (43) Matt Elam, S, Florida - Look, regardless of re-signing Reed, we need to start finding potential replacments. I don't see Elam being a FS in NFL, but I think he's good enough to start at SS from day 1. I can see him falling this far because of his height, and thus he falls right to us.

2. (51) Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas State - I know a lot of you are high on Minter, as I am as well, but I don't see him falling all the way to the end of the first round after the combine he had. Brown is an instinctive LB with GREAT speed, he should be a a guy that can help us protect the middle of the field in the passing game. And maybe it's just me, but I Brown being a good pass rusher in our system with the way we blitz inside. He might need to put on another 10 lbs, but he should be a good player for us.

2. (64) Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas Pine Bluff - This dude is a freak. He might be a little too raw to start right away, but he should our future LT once we either release Mickinne or he retires.

3. (96) Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee - Oh hey, taking a reicever in the 3rd doesn't look so bad now does it? I think Rogers is a solid pick at 96. He might only have one year of true production, but he should be able to learn the system from Flacco and have guys like Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones help him tune out other important areas. Could see some playing time in 2013.

4. (Comp) Niko Johnson, ILB, Alabama - This is another guy I'm very high on. He's a big dude (6'3 245 lbs) and is a thumper. Probably won't play much his rookie year other than on special teams, but he could be a starter for us down the line playing next to Brown.

5. (comp) TJ McDonald, S, USC - This is mainly for depth but he could be an impact player. I know he's from USC but I like him as a prospect. I don't know if he's a SS or FS yet, but he should contribute on special teams right away, maybe as a gunner.

6. Brandon Moore, DT, Texas.
6. (comp) Kenny Tate, OLB, Maryland.
7. Michael Williams, TE, Alabma.
7 (comp) Vince Williams, ILB, Florida State

Resign
I doubt we are able to afford what McKinnie is looking for. And with the way we benched him for a full season, I doubt he'd want to return and I wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh wasn't a big fan of his with how he came into camp overweight and then shut it down after it was clear that he wouldn't get a starting job.

FA Signing
2. I like the Doom signing. It's a little much, but that's probably what it will take realistically speaking. I'd hope we could get him down to $5.5m so that we could make a run at Michael Huff.

1. I like Elam. He's my 2nd rated safety in this class. A nice playmaker. That said, you don't have us retaining a 2nd option at safety to play FS as a veteran... so in this scenario, Elam is likely going to have to play FS... or left/right safety with McDonald.

2. Armstead is a fine enough selection. It certainly isn't sexy. But he has nice potential.

3. I like Da'Rick Rogers and what he brings to the table. I think he has 'stock' similar to that of Justin Houston from 2011 at this point. He could go 2nd round, but at worst I see mid-3rd.

4. Nico Johnson is a disgusting pick... like not 'good' disgusting, no, I dislike that pick a bunch. He brings absolutely nothing to our linebacking core that we don't already have. He's a classic underachiever.

5. TJ McDonald is not falling to the 5th round. Most sites have him as a 3rd rounder... I personally have him as my #1 safety in this class and think he's a 2nd round guy. So him lasting to the 5th is simply absurd to me. No way I can see it. In addition, both McDonald and Elam are both SS types. I think Elam could play FS... but it wouldn't be the ideal scenario IMO.

6. Not familiar with him.
6. Kenny Tate hasn't really done anything special in recent years, so I'm not buying his upside all that much.

7. I like what Williams brings to the table. Very nice technique blocker. Not a dominant guy, but latches on nicely.
7. Not familiar with Williams.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: