Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins agree to terms with CB EJ Biggers!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Biggers screams Kevin Barnes to me......I got him on my cut list...lol
ha! I wish they had Kevin Barnes last year at FS instead of Madieu Williams or instead of DJ Johnson. Kevin want anything special but he wasn't as bad as those we kept over him. Kevin should have been our #4 or 5 last year and I personally would have played him at FS over Madieu Williams.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
I've heard nothing but negative things about this guy. I guess we're going with a certain poster's (I think Woz, but I'm not certain) strategy at finding someone to play in the secondary: Keep throwing poo at a wall and hoping it sticks. Not the best metaphor in the world, but it gets the job done. Laughing

It's not all completely negative. He's got great speed and is in decent position sometimes.

...he just doesn't get his head around to locate the ball. Like ever. If he can figure that out, he could be a decent number two or nickel.
thank you. The good thing is he's with Raheem again and Raheem is his position coach now so he can give Biggers extra attention, that's something Raheem couldn't give him in Tampa because Raheem was the head coach.

I think people are really overacting with this signing. He's young and has some potential still. We've certainly seen worse in DC. Locating the ball better when it's in the air can be be taught, if that's his most major problem I'm sure we can improve upon it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
I've heard nothing but negative things about this guy. I guess we're going with a certain poster's (I think Woz, but I'm not certain) strategy at finding someone to play in the secondary: Keep throwing poo at a wall and hoping it sticks. Not the best metaphor in the world, but it gets the job done. Laughing

Given our cap situation and draft picks, it's all we can do.

Can't say I'm crazy about the pick, especially when there were other guys available (yes, Winfield is older but he's better and could probably be had for a "two" year deal).

Who's to say we won't make some room still and sign Winfield? If Winfield is out there for much longer, he could just be looking to be employed.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000151491/

Quote:
The Vikings cut Winfield on Tuesday after the cornerback declined a pay cut. Winfield was within his rights, especially coming off a season in which he remained a premier run defender while not surrendering a single touchdown through the air.

I mean this is a pretty amazing stat! You gotta love those buckeyes!

Doc Draper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good measurables and no feel for playing DB- possibly a number 4 CB and a special teamer. Nothing special and wouldn't be surprised if he is cut before the final roster reduction. Now Crawford has a great feel for the game. He needs to gain some strength and be a better tackler and he is the ideal number 3 cb. This is our biggest need much more so than even safety. We need to use two picks on CB's or one on a pure CB and draft Amerson who can play both cb and s. Any update on Minnifield?
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intersting--Biggers and Wilson ranked 27th of 71 and Hall was ,,,GULP,,48th!

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/redskins-probably-not-done-adding-cbs
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://touch.nflspinzone.com/nflspinzone/#!/entry/washington-redskins-sign-underrated-ej-biggers,5149df78d7fc7b56707821ff

They say that Biggers is a true steal for the redskins. He is still develping but is on his way to becoming a number 1 corner. They say he showcased himself as one of the best young CBs in the nfl last year and he is clearly an upgrade over the departed DeAngelo Hall. They say he's a swift corner who's excellent in pure coverage and was by far the best Bucs corner last year.

I'll have to look into this more, but this article is definitely shedding a good light on this signing.

It's like I said, you can't look at the few struggles that Biggers had when he was young and developing, you have to project him out as a player who's only going to be 26 and just entering his prime and what he can be. Biggers will keep improving for the next several years as he gets more playing time and learns more.

Blknite01

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1576632-what-the-washington-redskins-should-expect-from-new-corner-ej-biggers
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good to see articles like this because, he was not that good in Tampa, but to see him starting and being somewhat effective, are the times that I did not see him play like that.

I would hope that we can find better talent in the 2nd round to actually be a starter on the outside and have Biggers for Nickel and Dime situations.

Either way, I feel more comfortable with this signing.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Intersting--Biggers and Wilson ranked 27th of 71 and Hall was ,,,GULP,,48th!

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/redskins-probably-not-done-adding-cbs
Yes but Wilson and Biggers were taking on the #2 and #3 WRs of teams while Hall was on teams #1s throughout the season. So thats not really a fair comparison. Also Hall had no help over the top because our safety play was so poor. I understand Wilson didn't have that help either, but again he wasn't taking on teams #1 WRs. Then there's the thing that no one remembers, but Hall had an ankle injury during the early part of last season which he played through. He struggled early on last season but performed much better later on through our playoff push. Do you remember Dez Bryant's game against us? Ya me either. Hall erased him. Bring back Hall on a cap friendly contract. People hate on him so much now that he's actualy severely underrated. They don't like his attitude so they don't even want to give him a chance, but if you're going to be out on an island trying to shut down the best athletes in the league by yourself every week you've got to have a lot of self confidence.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 46 tackles, 9 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 36 catches, 377 rec yards
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Biggers is 25 and after a rookie 2009 season lost to injury and subpar seasons in 2010 and 2011 he took a leap forward last year. Pro Football Focus liked his play in coverage and his overall rating was tied for 27th best in the NFL among the 71 cornerbacks who played at least 50 percent of their teamsí snaps. The player he was tied with was Josh Wilson, the only other player on the Redskinsí roster with experience starting NFL games at cornerback. By comparison, former (and perhaps future, see below) Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall ranked 48th.

Something else that proves We are getting a younger upgrade to Hall. I'm liking the signing more and more. I'm not sure if he starts but it would be the end of the world if he does, especially of we get a FS upgrade.

Mknight. Josh Wilson and Biggers covered the best wrs also. Wilson covered Cruz, he covered Dez Bryant in Dallas, he covered the steelers wrs, he covered Steve Smith (made one mistake), Covered the Saints wrs as did Biggers (twice), covered the eagles wrs twice, josh Wilson simply shut down Torey Smith!

They are younger and better options moving forward than DHall. Hall cherry picks and gets burnt more than the rest of our current DBs (including) Biggers combined.

I love the YouTube showing how bad Biggers was but all that is clips of his bad plays, where's the good ones?

I could make a two hour movie off the plays where Hall got Burnt since only being a skin, most I could make from the 2010 season.

I'm Frankly tired of DHall excuses and apologist when people are faced with fact after fact after fact and you can watch the games Hall plays and see how inconsistent he is. If my 58 year old mom can see it, so can you all

skinsfan36

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this signing kid has a lot of upside. Turtle I'm
Glad someone else can truly agree with me on how horrible dhall is. We better not bring him back if we can't land Winfield we should sign porter or jammer or even Sheldon brown
Brian23

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err. Wilson covered the "best WR" when we lost, that's why they stopped doing that pretty fast...
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Err. Wilson covered the "best WR" when we lost, that's why they stopped doing that pretty fast...
he covered Dez Bryant when we won in Dallas. He covered Torrey Smith and shut him down, it's arguable who's better, Smith with his elite speed or Boldin with his strength and experience.

He covered Victor Cruz each time we played the Giants (arguable whos better he or Nicks)and outside of a few plays was solid.

You know how you all cry cause Hall never gets help from the FS, well when Wilson got beat deep it was usually the same reason. It just happened more frequently to Hall.

Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
he covered Dez Bryant when we won in Dallas. He covered Torrey Smith and shut him down, it's arguable who's better, Smith with his elite speed or Boldin with his strength and experience.

He covered Victor Cruz each time we played the Giants (arguable whos better he or Nicks)and outside of a few plays was solid.

You know how you all cry cause Hall never gets help from the FS, well when Wilson got beat deep it was usually the same reason. It just happened more frequently to Hall.

You guys are like 2 hobos fighting over a cheeseburger. Neither guy was very good last year. DHall gave up more yards...barely and had more INTs. Its not like either guy is a #1 corner. Im pretty sure they cover who ever is lined up on their side, and both got torched in different games. We have Biggers and Wilson as our starters right now and still dont have a FS. At this point we are no better than last year if not worse!!!!!! Im getting a lil concerned!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

You guys are like 2 hobos fighting over a cheeseburger. Neither guy was very good last year. DHall gave up more yards...barely and had more INTs. Its not like either guy is a #1 corner. Im pretty sure they cover who ever is lined up on their side, and both got torched in different games. We have Biggers and Wilson as our starters right now and still dont have a FS. At this point we are no better than last year if not worse!!!!!! Im getting a lil concerned!
the season doesn't start today. They will sign a FS and drAft a few DBs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: