Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tomlin at Tenn Pro day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing Bray will go in the 2nd round or very early 3rd. Just correct his mechanical problems with his throwing and you have a prototypical QB.

But I still think they were picking his mind about the WRs.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
SteelTown43

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say I was very adverse to the thought of drafting Patterson @ 17, but after watching some tape, I'd love to get him. However, I have a feeling he will be gone, perhaps even in the top 10. Very good speed and elusiveness for his size. He is raw but the physical ability is top notch. I know a lot people are high on Justin Hunter, but i personally question his hands. I think Patterson is the only WR we should consider at 17. I like Austin but I'm very concerned about his 173 pound frame.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelTown43 wrote:
I gotta say I was very adverse to the thought of drafting Patterson @ 17, but after watching some tape, I'd love to get him. However, I have a feeling he will be gone, perhaps even in the top 10. Very good speed and elusiveness for his size. He is raw but the physical ability is top notch. I know a lot people are high on Justin Hunter, but i personally question his hands. I think Patterson is the only WR we should consider at 17. I like Austin but I'm very concerned about his 173 pound frame.
both are going to be two of the best players in this draft. Austin will out weight on through the years and get up to around 190. He'll be fine, his game is quickness in short spaces and speed. Big guys can't get to him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson has phenomenal talent, no doubt about it. He reminds me of OJ Simpson running in the open field. (and is about the same size too) But I don't know if I trust him. He's only played one year of big time football and his commitment and work ethic have been questioned. I'd rather have a guy with slightly less talent but has his head on straight and is a team guy who is high character and high work ethic. I could be wrong, but if we are going to invest a 1st round pick in a guy, I want to be sure of what I'm getting.

As for Hunter, he kind of reminds me of another tall, skinny WR with questionable hands that wore orange coming out of college. (pause) lol Not really, but after the Sweed experiment, it's got to make you think just a little bit. Add an ACL in and it something to leery of. He has phenomenal athletic ability and speed, but he's not as nimble as some and not sure he's a perfect fit for Haley's offense.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steelers FO brass have been all over the place when it comes to QBs. Just got done watching Geno Smith's pro day and Tomlin/Colbert/Haley were all in attendance. I want to know if they'd draft a QB early.

Ben is always nicked up and Ben's time is coming to a end soon. So would they groom a QB for 3yrs then hand the reigns over to him. Sort of like what Greenbay did with Aaron Rodgers?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
The Steelers FO brass have been all over the place when it comes to QBs. Just got done watching Geno Smith's pro day and Tomlin/Colbert/Haley were all in attendance. I want to know if they'd draft a QB early.

Ben is always nicked up and Ben's time is coming to a end soon. So would they groom a QB for 3yrs then hand the reigns over to him. Sort of like what Greenbay did with Aaron Rodgers?

Maybe they were scouting Austin and asking Geno questions about him.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Maybe they were scouting Austin and asking Geno questions about him.

Or they could consider taking Geno and having him sit for 2-3 yrs. The Steelers don't have much time left with Ben and forcing him to play till 35 yrs old then grooming a QB could be a mistake.

I know there are other needs, but why talk with all these QBs about there WRs. I mean do they think the WRs are being deceitful? I understand maybe asking them some questions, but why take them both to dinner with the HC, OC and GM present.

I'm just saying not saying I'd like this scenario. But just thinking outside the box.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: