Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tomlin at Tenn Pro day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Don't understand why Tomlin is wasting his time with QBs. Seems like he has QB fetish. Last year it was Kirk Cousins. This year, Geno Smith?? A complete waste of time. Bray? Why would we take a QB this year? Ben1, Gradkowski2, Chuck3 period. We've got way important needs to fill. I hope as some mentioned earlier that he is simply picking their brains about WRs and other players on the team. Otherwise it makes no sense. Wait until next year T.

Although I'm glad he's scouting the Tenn WRs.

Don't understand how Tomlin has a QB fetish? He's scouting players... that is what the organization does leading up to the draft.

I for one would have been happy to have Cousins starting for 6 weeks last year over Batch and Lefty. I'd be happy to have Gradkowski as #2 and a rookie to develop at #3

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grubs10 wrote:
I just hope this means they are actually interested in any of the three receivers there. I would love any of those three on the Steelers as long as we aren't reaching for Hunter or Rogers. If we get a chance at Patterson without a crazy trade then it isn't a reach IMO.

Just remembered Rogers didn't play at Tennessee last year. He wasn't there correct?

Rogers was kicked off he team and transfered to Tenn Tech, but he was at the University of Tenn Pro Day.

Here's Mike Mayock's review of some of the players.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000152190/Tennessee-pro-day-report

Also breakdown of all U of Tenn participants:

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/031813aaa.html

Thanks for the Sig CalhounLambeau!
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
Don't understand why Tomlin is wasting his time with QBs. Seems like he has QB fetish. Last year it was Kirk Cousins. This year, Geno Smith?? A complete waste of time. Bray? Why would we take a QB this year? Ben1, Gradkowski2, Chuck3 period. We've got way important needs to fill. I hope as some mentioned earlier that he is simply picking their brains about WRs and other players on the team. Otherwise it makes no sense. Wait until next year T.

Don't understand how Tomlin has a QB fetish? He's scouting players... that is what the organization does leading up to the draft.

I for one would have been happy to have Cousins starting for 6 weeks last year over Batch and Lefty. I'd be happy to have Gradkowski as #2 and a rookie to develop at #3

I rather have that as well than Batch. However, I don't want them to touch one before the third round. I might not have a problem if one was selected in the fourth depending on who the player is and what the previous three selections were though I really prefer one taken later than that.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
JLambert58

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:

Yes JDL a fetish. Fetish: A course of action to which one has an excessive and irrational commitment.

What were you thinking? Wink
Wardfan05

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:

Yes JDL a fetish. Fetish: A course of action to which one has an excessive and irrational commitment.

Embarassed I think this is me with Justin Hunter. (no homo)

- Thanks, Joe_is_the_best
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wardfan05 wrote:

We agree on this.

Frankly I'd be alright with Patterson, Rogers, Hunter, Allen, or a few other WR's in this draft that are considered "top notch".

Frankly, I'd be alright with Austin even though it's not who I'd prefer we draft, if that's who the Steelers want to take. I just REALLY want a legit WR to add to Antonio Brown.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Wardfan05 wrote:

We agree on this.

Frankly I'd be alright with Patterson, Rogers, Hunter, Allen, or a few other WR's in this draft that are considered "top notch".

Frankly, I'd be alright with Austin even though it's not who I'd prefer we draft, if that's who the Steelers want to take. I just REALLY want a legit WR to add to Antonio Brown.

Good thing there is a really nice batch of WRs in this draft.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:

Good thing there is a really nice batch of WRs in this draft.

Amen Lambert. Honestly, there's guys, like Damontre Moore, I started out really disliking, now, I've listened to people talk, and I honestly can't name very many guys I'm against. In fact, the only guy I really don't want is Tyrann Mathieu, I'm just not sold that he's a changed man.

Even if we do draft him though I'll live with it. Those Volunteers certainly put on a good show.
Wardfan05

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/DKramerUGA/status/314776574790615041/photo/1

Quote:
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin shakes hands with Mark Richt. The pair wished each other the best of luck. #ProDay

I wonder if he took Aaron Murray out to dinner last night, just cuz! Laughing

AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wardfan05 wrote:

Quote:
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin shakes hands with Mark Richt. The pair wished each other the best of luck. #ProDay

Washington at OLB and Commings at CB are nice mid round guys...had Commings in my mock from 2 days ago.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
Wardfan05

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
Wardfan05 wrote:

Quote:

Washington at OLB and Commings at CB are nice mid round guys...had Commings in my mock from 2 days ago.

I also like Tavarras King (WR) and late round guy Abry Jones (DT).

chrisororke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bray should go third round but I'm sure they hope he falls to the 5th

Steelers target 5th rd as developmental QB. Last two were St Pierre and Tee Martin. Having Ben has enabled them to stay away from QB for quite a while
cjfollett

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
Bray should go third round but I'm sure they hope he falls to the 5th

Steelers target 5th rd as developmental QB. Last two were St Pierre and Tee Martin. Having Ben has enabled them to stay away from QB for quite a while

Dennis Dixon
thewadewilson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wardfan05 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:

Boondocks Laughing Thanks about peed my pants

Thats me with Terrance Williams (no homo)

Pittsburgh Steelers/Houston Texans Fan
Whiz Khalifa Black & Yellow/Slim Thug I'm From Houston Texas home of the Texans
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should take a qb to develop behind Ben for sure. Bray could be there in 4 or even 5 if we're lucky.

I'm sure he was at the tenn pro day more to look at Paterson and Hunter for round 1 or 2. He could have been asking Bray's opinion of the two Wrs

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: