Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bruce Arians says Arizona "doesn't need" a QB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveJohnson13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Bruce Arians says Arizona "doesn't need" a QB Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152251/article/what-we-learned-bruce-arians-wants-quick-answers

I don't know how much you can look into this, but if it does come to fruition I feel like Buffalo's chances to have the first pickings at quarterback will have to be going up significantly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Arians needs to get his head checked if he thinks he "doesn't need" a QB.

It's probably just a smokescreen or he doesn't feel confident in any QB's in this class.

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe him.

I am also really starting to believe Geno will be gone, whether its Jac, Phil, Cle or Arizona. And since I don't believe Nix will move up im focusing my attention else where. Like Patterson, Floyd, Barkley and J. Jones to name a few.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
I don't believe him.

I am also really starting to believe Geno will be gone, whether its Jac, Phil, Cle or Arizona. And since I don't believe Nix will move up im focusing my attention else where. Like Patterson, Floyd, Barkley and J. Jones to name a few.

I still have hope. Granted it's a desperate "I need this to keep my sanity" kind of hope. Laughing

If he's gone, he's gone, and it'll suck. But I guess Patterson is a good consolation prize.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMOKESCREEN

Never believe anything anyone says when it comes to the Draft.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
I don't believe him.

I still have hope. Granted it's a desperate "I need this to keep my sanity" kind of hope. Laughing

If he's gone, he's gone, and it'll suck. But I guess Patterson is a good consolation prize.

This is unrelated to the OP but if Geno is gone would you rather option A or B..

A: Barkley at 8, Robert Woods at 41
B: Patterson at 8, Nassib at 41

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option B.

I'm not a fan of the value Barkley brings at #8. And while I'v been a very vocal critic of Ryan Nassib lately, I do think at #41, he's a good value pick and has a very easy transition period to the pros due to the offense we're likely to run here. And Patterson is a very special talent in his own right.

I just don't think Barkley will have success at this level, I don't like his pocket presence and his arm strength has me worried about him, if he comes here. Though Robert Woods is a good pick at #41, we need a physical guy outside the numbers.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Option B.

I'm not a fan of the value Barkley brings at #8. And while I'v been a very vocal critic of Ryan Nassib lately, I do think at #41, he's a good value pick and has a very easy transition period to the pros due to the offense we're likely to run here. And Patterson is a very special talent in his own right.

I just don't think Barkley will have success at this level, I don't like his pocket presence and his arm strength has me worried about him, if he comes here. Though Robert Woods is a good pick at #41, we need a physical guy outside the numbers.

I'd take option A.

Sounds as if we are going to run essentially a version of Walsh's WCO and though Barkley's terminology may have differed, he still would have to make adjustments on the fly and anticipate the receivers seeing the same thing from defenses and react accordingly. Exactly what he did in college, so he's experienced. The arm strength is the only thing that concerns me and would really prefer we played in a dome if Barkley is in fact our future QB. Then again, Joe Montana (Yeah, I just made that comparison!) never had a strong arm either and he played most of his home games in Candlestick park, which was also windy due to proximity to the ocean. That WCO focuses more on short to intermediate passes...quick strike stuff like Gailey called here. Barkley doesn't rifle any deep balls, but he has shown good anticipation, touch, and ball placement on deep passes. I think he'll be OK here (not an All-Pro, but able to win) and will be able to start in Marrone's offense sooner than the other QB's in this draft.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option A with Barkley / Woods
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Option B.

His pocket presence is the best i have seen of any QB I've ever watched in college. He moves around the pocket with ease. I agree his arm isn't amazing but he moves around the pocket like a pro.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: