Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do we really pick at #13?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do we select with the 13th pick, all prospects still possibly being available.
Jarvis Jones
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Star Lotulelei
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Xavier Rhodes
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Desmond Trufant (with a trade down)
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

Author Message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 29245
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Call me crazy but I think there's a good chance 3 QBs will go top 10-15 which could mean someone sliding to us

I wouldn't be surprised at all. Every QB-needy team reaches for a QB every year.

But the question is: will we still have the thirteenth pick when the draft comes around?
_________________

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 10 Games | 115 Tackles (14 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 9245
Location: Deadpulse sigging it up
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayock just questioned whether Jones was going to be a top ten pick or not!
_________________

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBando


Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7577
Location: Tampa Bay
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones sucked at his pro day.


_________________
Adopt-A-Buc Mason Foster

garbage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8495
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying I buy into the off-field workouts, but Jones did skip the combine to prepare for his pro day. That's not looking like it was good results.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 9245
Location: Deadpulse sigging it up
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the guy play football...

Can the guy be a track star...

I'll take the football player 10/10
_________________

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoeKG


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4237
Location: PA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Can the guy play football...

Can the guy be a track star...

I'll take the football player 10/10


I agree with this logic.... but Jones was pretty terrible at his Pro day, and most Pro day numbers are very fast/big numbers.

I still wouldn't be upset if we took him, but he feels like much less of a sure thing. Being a good football player is obviously really important, but if he's one of the least athletic guys on the field, even less so than some lineman, that's worrisome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8495
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Can the guy play football...

Can the guy be a track star...

I'll take the football player 10/10


I agree with this logic.... but Jones was pretty terrible at his Pro day, and most Pro day numbers are very fast/big numbers.

I still wouldn't be upset if we took him, but he feels like much less of a sure thing. Being a good football player is obviously really important, but if he's one of the least athletic guys on the field, even less so than some lineman, that's worrisome.


Yeah. I mean, I don't buy into a lot of numbers off the field, but as explosion of the snap, that needs to seen. it wasn't.

Honestly, I wasn't a big fa of Jones in the first place. I just don't see him being a dominate pass rusher at the next level.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8495
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Can the guy play football...

Can the guy be a track star...

I'll take the football player 10/10


I agree with this logic.... but Jones was pretty terrible at his Pro day, and most Pro day numbers are very fast/big numbers.

I still wouldn't be upset if we took him, but he feels like much less of a sure thing. Being a good football player is obviously really important, but if he's one of the least athletic guys on the field, even less so than some lineman, that's worrisome.


Yeah. I mean, I don't buy into a lot of numbers off the field, but as explosion of the snap, that needs to seen. it wasn't.

Honestly, I wasn't a big fa of Jones in the first place. I just don't see him being a dominate pass rusher at the next level.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8495
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Can the guy play football...

Can the guy be a track star...

I'll take the football player 10/10


I agree with this logic.... but Jones was pretty terrible at his Pro day, and most Pro day numbers are very fast/big numbers.

I still wouldn't be upset if we took him, but he feels like much less of a sure thing. Being a good football player is obviously really important, but if he's one of the least athletic guys on the field, even less so than some lineman, that's worrisome.


Yeah. I mean, I don't buy into a lot of numbers off the field, but as explosion of the snap, that needs to seen. it wasn't.

Honestly, I wasn't a big fa of Jones in the first place. I just don't see him being a dominate pass rusher at the next level.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caaddy24


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 5710
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Call me crazy but I think there's a good chance 3 QBs will go top 10-15 which could mean someone sliding to us

I wouldn't be surprised at all. Every QB-needy team reaches for a QB every year.

But the question is: will we still have the thirteenth pick when the draft comes around?


no clue haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravishingone


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3003
Location: Leola
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thrilled Jones turned in those numbers at his pro day. The guy was dominant in the best football conference by far. His tape says it all to me and I'm relieved the perception is he will fall out of the top 10.

He's a football player, plain and simple. I would be thrilled with the Bucs to draft Jones, Star, or Eifert at #13.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 13816
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we stick with the 13th pick. I see a team falling in love with EJ Manuel, and someone will overdraft Matt Barkley. Possibly Tyler Wilson as well.

I see us trading down after the Dolphins take Rhodes, and a QB needy team sees their guy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pvsports9


Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 1062
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:
I'm drooling at the thought of Star and Mccoy in the middle... I just don't know who's gonna be there at our pick... Call me crazy but I think there's a good chance 3 QBs will go top 10-15 which could mean someone sliding to us


I'd rather give up picks to go get an absolute monster in Star and draft a corner in round 2 than use it for Revis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scottonatable


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 1111
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
Buccaneer4life wrote:
I'm drooling at the thought of Star and Mccoy in the middle... I just don't know who's gonna be there at our pick... Call me crazy but I think there's a good chance 3 QBs will go top 10-15 which could mean someone sliding to us


I'd rather give up picks to go get an absolute monster in Star and draft a corner in round 2 than use it for Revis


You would probably have to use the 2nd to trade up and get Star
_________________
McCoy is the new Sapp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsEST96


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 2232
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I'm thrilled Jones turned in those numbers at his pro day. The guy was dominant in the best football conference by far. His tape says it all to me and I'm relieved the perception is he will fall out of the top 10.

He's a football player, plain and simple. I would be thrilled with the Bucs to draft Jones, Star, or Eifert at #13.


This. 100%. Best player in the best conference. Can't believe ppl still care about pro days and combines.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group