Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do we really pick at #13?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do we select with the 13th pick, all prospects still possibly being available.
Jarvis Jones
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Star Lotulelei
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Xavier Rhodes
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Desmond Trufant (with a trade down)
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Who do we really pick at #13? Reply with quote

Time to get our minds off Revis for a moment and talk about the draft, because that IS going to happen in a few weeks. We have the opportunity to select a new franchise player and a few pressing needs where that player could make a big impact.

Lets just say that regardless of if it is Revis or not, we sign a CB before the draft and still have Wright/Barber in nickel. I just dont see how we completely ignore CB in FA.

Also, we have 3 BIG needs, other needs arnt so pressing. Those 3 are, in no particular order..

- SLB
- DT
- CB

I would like to fill all 3 needs by the time we make our 2nd round pick but that seems unlikely since we will probably not sign a FA CB or have both our 1st and 2nd round picks if we trade for Revis.

With that said, we could go A LOT of different ways with our 1st round pick. Very possibly Star Lotulelei or Jarvis Jones might be there. And even if Rhodes is gone we could get Trufant. So what do we do with the #13 pick this year?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Star is a prospect that can impact our team in so many ways it's almost impossible to pass him up

I also like Trufant with a trade down
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Star or Jones will be there, I also don't think we'll have the 13th pick when it's said and done. We are moving it. Either up, down, or for Revis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this scenario I went with Star since he is the BPA and the Trufant trade down isn't specific.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Star's medical clearance and pro day, he's back in the top 3 conversation. The dude is an absolute monster. I would be shocked to see him slip out of the top 5 or 8 for that matter. I don't see us in position to move up.

Jarvis Jones is another guy who I don't see getting past the Jets at 9 and could go as early as 4 to PHilly.

Rhodes, I could see going to Miami, so we could have to jump them.

However, if all else fails, Dallas could be an ideal trading partner. They need a DT in their new tampa 2 system. If Richardson is there, the bucs could move down and take Trufant.
BBando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear if we pass on Banks for Trufant I am going to be mad.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhodes > Trufant > Banks so why would you be mad?
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS OF RIGHT NOW, I can't imagine any scenario where we don't take a corner.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
I swear if we pass on Banks for Trufant I am going to be mad.

Agreed. Trufant's sky-high stock is the reason why I hate the Senior Bowl.

Trufant really isn't that special. His game is actually really similar to EJ Biggers...he has the speed and the moxie to run/fight with anyone, but when the ball is in the air, especially deep down the field, he's not going to make the play. He's not a first round talent, IMO.

With regards to this question I think that you can't go wrong with Jones or Star. Both hit key needs and both are quality people that will fit into the locker-room. I am partial to Jones because I think that he is the best player in the draft, but I would be damn happy with Star.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be pumped if we landed anyof the three guys you stated.

Rhodes, Star, Jones would all be huge additions to our defense. While most including myself don't think Star or Jones will be around when we pick I have come across a few mocks with them lasting until our pick and even dropping more. Look at the players taken before then and I don't really see a reach on any of them.

If I had to choose one guy I would take Jones. He would fill two needs. One being the slb spot, the other a pass rusher.

While I would love and hope we get a threat to work along side McCoy if we just end up plugging the hole for one more season with a run stuffing nt I think that would do. I mean look what Miller did.

If we do land Revis and Barber comes back to play the slot, having Johnson/mid pick fighting to be the second corner wouldn't be the end of the word. Johnson showed he can be a playmaker and Stokes has shown that he has an eye for drafting dbs in the middle rounds and them panning out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, I highly doubt we go into the draft with only the CBs we currently have on the roster. Whether that means we have trades for Revis or signed someone, I just dont see how that is possible. Coaches and FO deserve to have a horrible pass D next year if that is the case. It would indicate there was no plan B to Revis if we hadnt added anyone.

With that said, I answered Jarvis Jones because his pass rushing ability off the edge is excellent and it would fill the need of SLB. Plus he is a team Captain and Schiano likes that.

But... Im starting to lean toward Star, not cuz of his workout yesterday, I just had the feeling he was fine all along, but because of what he would do for us. Honestly, Im torn between Star and Jones, but here is why I say Star. Think about how we use SLB. Granted that was Quincy Black last year, but still. With the defensive packages we run, SLB is not of the field all that often. MLB is on the field a little more and WLB aka Lavonte David is and every down backer. We do not value the SLB position that much, so if we have the choice between Star and Jones I think this team picks Star. Both were Captains and both will make an impact. I just think we would use Star more.

Plus, think about our DL with Star on it. Bowers, McCoy, Lotulelei, Clayborn. Star at DT with the line we already have would be dominant if you ask me. His impact would be the greatest of any CB or even Jarvis Jones. Our Run D would be just as good and his pass rushing ability would greatly improve our QB sacks and keep our plays behind the LOS up. Plus, that would help out our CBs and Safeties.

I still think Star will the the 2nd DT off the board, but if he starts to get close to our #13 pick Id consider trading up to get him and if he falls to us, picking him is a no brainer imo. Also, I agree with others about Jones, I think he has a high probability of becoming a Jet and being no where close to the 13th pick.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we end up trading our 1st and 2nd this year for Revis. Domininck really wants Revis. If that wasnt the case then we would have picked from the abundant amount of FA corners there are. Revis will be a Buc in 2013 and we will not have a first round pick. Is that really that bad? Chances are we take a CB in round 1 anyways. Why not trade for the best one in football? Not to crazy about giving up our 2nd but Domininck will get the player he wants one way or another.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
See, I highly doubt we go into the draft with only the CBs we currently have on the roster. Whether that means we have trades for Revis or signed someone, I just dont see how that is possible. Coaches and FO deserve to have a horrible pass D next year if that is the case. It would indicate there was no plan B to Revis if we hadnt added anyone.

With that said, I answered Jarvis Jones because his pass rushing ability off the edge is excellent and it would fill the need of SLB. Plus he is a team Captain and Schiano likes that.

But... Im starting to lean toward Star, not cuz of his workout yesterday, I just had the feeling he was fine all along, but because of what he would do for us. Honestly, Im torn between Star and Jones, but here is why I say Star. Think about how we use SLB. Granted that was Quincy Black last year, but still. With the defensive packages we run, SLB is not of the field all that often. MLB is on the field a little more and WLB aka Lavonte David is and every down backer. We do not value the SLB position that much, so if we have the choice between Star and Jones I think this team picks Star. Both were Captains and both will make an impact. I just think we would use Star more.

Plus, think about our DL with Star on it. Bowers, McCoy, Lotulelei, Clayborn. Star at DT with the line we already have would be dominant if you ask me. His impact would be the greatest of any CB or even Jarvis Jones. Our Run D would be just as good and his pass rushing ability would greatly improve our QB sacks and keep our plays behind the LOS up. Plus, that would help out our CBs and Safeties.

I still think Star will the the 2nd DT off the board, but if he starts to get close to our #13 pick Id consider trading up to get him and if he falls to us, picking him is a no brainer imo. Also, I agree with others about Jones, I think he has a high probability of becoming a Jet and being no where close to the 13th pick.

I agree with this.

Our corners blow right now, on a good day. That being said, you can't pass up a talent like Star or Jones, they're just too good. We should fix our corner situation before the draft.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:
I think we end up trading our 1st and 2nd this year for Revis. Domininck really wants Revis. If that wasnt the case then we would have picked from the abundant amount of FA corners there are. Revis will be a Buc in 2013 and we will not have a first round pick. Is that really that bad? Chances are we take a CB in round 1 anyways. Why not trade for the best one in football? Not to crazy about giving up our 2nd but Domininck will get the player he wants one way or another.

Im gonna be beyond POed if we trade our 1st and 2nd this year. The Jets said they are cool with 2014 compensation. Give our 2nd this year and our 1st next year and a late round pick like 5th round or something this or next year. That is completely fair considering he current trade and market value.

Then we can get another impact player with our 13th pick. Sometimes you just cant budge and I glad Dom isnt backing down. We need to keep the 13th pick this year if we want to make a playoff push.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Buccaneer4life wrote:

Im gonna be beyond POed if we trade our 1st and 2nd this year. The Jets said they are cool with 2014 compensation. Give our 2nd this year and our 1st next year and a late round pick like 5th round or something this or next year. That is completely fair considering he current trade and market value.

Then we can get another impact player with our 13th pick. Sometimes you just cant budge and I glad Dom isnt backing down. We need to keep the 13th pick this year if we want to make a playoff push.

Why????? This years draft is terrible! Next years draft looks awesome! Why oh why would people want to trade next years first but not this years?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: