Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Tennessee Trio... who do you like most?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:
Patterson. The dude has the best vision as a runner that I've ever seen out of a WR. He's what Reggie Bush was in college, but as a receiver. Electric.

Is he going to catch 100 passes ever? Probably not, but he will be a 1000 yard WR pretty much every season. He may take a little bit of time to catch up to the speed of the NFL, but the dude is insane in the open field. Him catching a drag route can turn into an 80 yard Marshawn Lynch Saints Playoff TD run.

He is Mike Wallace as a receiver...and unparalleled as a runner after the catch. I can't even come up with a comparison to this kid after the catch, because I don't think anyone will be better than him.

He also can catch. He doesn't have any major drop issues. His only issue is that he doesn't routinely use sharp cuts to get open....but they never really asked him to. He usually used speed routes like fades/seams/drags to get open and just burn past people.

That being said, I like all three receiver, but I see special out of Patterson.

Hunter---success of Santonio Holmes (fringe #1 receiver)
Rogers---success of Sidney Rice (inconsistent #1/#2)
Patterson---success of Prime Chad Johnson (With Reggie bush ability as a YAC guy.)

No I did not compare Hunter to Holmes as a player, but I see them having similar career numbers and being of the same effectiveness.

Patterson is Jeremy Maclin.

IMO, Patterson = Koren Robinson

Low blow

#JDI
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:
Patterson. The dude has the best vision as a runner that I've ever seen out of a WR. He's what Reggie Bush was in college, but as a receiver. Electric.

Is he going to catch 100 passes ever? Probably not, but he will be a 1000 yard WR pretty much every season. He may take a little bit of time to catch up to the speed of the NFL, but the dude is insane in the open field. Him catching a drag route can turn into an 80 yard Marshawn Lynch Saints Playoff TD run.

He is Mike Wallace as a receiver...and unparalleled as a runner after the catch. I can't even come up with a comparison to this kid after the catch, because I don't think anyone will be better than him.

He also can catch. He doesn't have any major drop issues. His only issue is that he doesn't routinely use sharp cuts to get open....but they never really asked him to. He usually used speed routes like fades/seams/drags to get open and just burn past people.

Patterson---success of Prime Chad Johnson (With Reggie bush ability as a YAC guy.)

No I did not compare Hunter to Holmes as a player, but I see them having similar career numbers and being of the same effectiveness.

Low blow
My, bad, I just meant in terms of being more of an explosive athlete than an actual receiver. The type that if they put it all together, it would be a recipe for an elite receiver, which Robinson was thought to be coming out of N.C State

PSN: bench515lbs

Ahead of the curve....
roger murdock

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I watch of Patterson the more I would be OK with taking him. Hes incredibly talented. Hes an absolute terror with the ball in his hand. Having three huge, physical receivers who can block, make plays on any route, and are all threats with the ball in their hand is a happy though for me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:

More like Micheal Irvin... If the Browns can ink these last two defensive FA's, he should be considered at #6 for sure. With the way the NFL tackles or doesn't really his ability to shake in the open field will be a huge plus.

FootballsFuture Cleveland Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2010
kkaptur12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
The more I watch of Patterson the more I would be OK with taking him. Hes incredibly talented. Hes an absolute terror with the ball in his hand. Having three huge, physical receivers who can block, make plays on any route, and are all threats with the ball in their hand is a happy though for me.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-first-draft/0ap2000000153020/First-Draft-Cordarrelle-Patterson

You want Patterson at 6 but not Bray in the 3rd if he is still there?

I've heard a lot of good things about Bray....

kk
Braylon4MVP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Patterson, bad. With the way Free Agency has went it's looking like a possibility. If we land Grimes, I'm officially on the "Draft Cordarrelle Patterson" Bandwagon.

rammy on the sig
John Frusciante FTW
Red Hot Chili Peppers FTW
Avett Brothers FTW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: