Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Tennessee Trio... who do you like most?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: The Tennessee Trio... who do you like most? Reply with quote

Cordarelle Patterson 6'2 216. 4.42, 37" vert
Justin Hunter 6'4 196. 4.44, 39.5" vert
Da'Rick Rogers 6'2 217. 4.52, 39.5" vert

Cordarelle looks like an explosive athlete with the ball in his hands but the more I watch of him, the more I worry about him as a conventional receiver. Not the most polished route runner but I suppose you're drafting him for what he can become, not what he already is.

Hunter is a prospect that I'm really liking more and more. I think he is the most natural of the three and he has great height and leaping ability alongside that long striding speed. Bit of an issue with drops though.

Rogers is the guy I'm least high on. Seems more trouble than he is worth, having been kicked off the team.

So who do you like for the Browns out of the three, and why? For me, taking into account that I think Little is best working out of the slot, I'm looking for a #2 to go on the outside opposite Josh Gordon. I love the speed and physicality of both Patterson and Hunter in that role but the more I think about it, the more I lean towards Hunter based on the value of where he could be drafted. He'll definitely be there in Round 2 imo, and maybe even Round 3.

Gordon 6'3 225
Hunter 6'4 196
Little 6'2 220
Benji 5'10 175

Come on Haslam, look to your alma mater and complete our WR group!
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen Tennessee once last year. Hunter stood out to me, I didn't even notice the other two, but then that was just one game.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
zelbell

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson scares me a little bit because he's only played big time football for one year

Do like Hunter though

Pretty meh on Rogers

Rammy on the Bosa sig
Peppers on the logo sig
daboyle on the Based Gordon sig
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montori Hughes...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Swope in the 4th or 5th round is growing on me. Kid showed he had some speed.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked Justin Hunter coming into the season. He is an exceptional athlete and has a wide catch radius. I wanted to watch him indepth but after several games I never saw him once catch the football with his hands. He lets every pass get into his body and we all know how that will likely end in the NFL. I stopped watching and focused my time on other players.

Jamison on the sig
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogers is by far my favorite. He has the prototypical size, I think he is the most gifted. Personally, I think he is the best receiver in the draft. Had it not been for his failed drug tests, he would be rivaling Patterson for being the top WR off the board. I'm not concerned about his past, I'm sure he knows that if he can't stop smoking, he will never make it in the league. Randy Moss failed a drug test. Cris Carter had his share of problems, Michael Irvin too. I hope we land him. He reminds me of Dez Bryant.

"The league has maintained that they will not suspend players for a positive result caused by second-hand smoke in the past:"
Fullback40

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson. The dude has the best vision as a runner that I've ever seen out of a WR. He's what Reggie Bush was in college, but as a receiver. Electric.

Is he going to catch 100 passes ever? Probably not, but he will be a 1000 yard WR pretty much every season. He may take a little bit of time to catch up to the speed of the NFL, but the dude is insane in the open field. Him catching a drag route can turn into an 80 yard Marshawn Lynch Saints Playoff TD run.

He is Mike Wallace as a receiver...and unparalleled as a runner after the catch. I can't even come up with a comparison to this kid after the catch, because I don't think anyone will be better than him.

He also can catch. He doesn't have any major drop issues. His only issue is that he doesn't routinely use sharp cuts to get open....but they never really asked him to. He usually used speed routes like fades/seams/drags to get open and just burn past people.

That being said, I like all three receiver, but I see special out of Patterson.

Hunter---success of Santonio Holmes (fringe #1 receiver)
Rogers---success of Sidney Rice (inconsistent #1/#2)
Patterson---success of Prime Chad Johnson (With Reggie bush ability as a YAC guy.)

No I did not compare Hunter to Holmes as a player, but I see them having similar career numbers and being of the same effectiveness.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson does not show the same explosion in his route running as he does with the ball in his hands.
Patterson "needs a lot of refinement running routes," Cosell tweeted. "Needs (a) quality WR coach." We've said the same about Patterson, but somehow he consistently created separation at the FBS level in 2012. Team will have to project his route tree, however.

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As potential Browns players, I'm not interested in any of 'em.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da'rick Rogers is the only one that makes sense. We won't even sniff Hunter or Patterson is Rounds 1 and 2.

buno67 wrote:
I wonder why his cough was so bad that he needed the codeine? I betcha it was from hitting the bong to many nights in a row.
roger murdock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None for us based on where they will be drafted and where we are picking. And I don't think either is worth trading down or up for. I'd be happy with Hunter in the third if he fell.

And I am on the 'Just say no to Tyler Bray no matter which round' bandwagon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know enough about any of them to say if I really like them or not. Doesn't matter though because I can't see nor do I want the Browns to draft any of them or any WR for that matter.

I would have been cool signing a veteran wide receiver via free agency, but no thanks to drafting one. At least not until later in the draft. The Browns have enough young and inexperienced wide receivers so they don't need anymore. I didn't even think adding a free agent WR was necessary, I just wouldn't have minded it. Gordon and Little look like they could be very good receivers. Then Benjamin and Cooper have the potential to be good #3/4 WRs.

Gordon is a deep threat but can do a bit of everything...

Little is a very physical WR who can do a lot of damage after the catch has been made...

Benjamin is extremely fast and is therefore a potentially good deep threat. I like what I saw from him last season. He just needs more experience and with more time and experience he could become a good receiver.

Cooper has the potential to be one of those receivers who isn't flashy but does his job well. He's good at finding soft spots in defenses and has soft hands. He'd be good on shorter routes and thus would be a good target if the Browns just needed to complete a short pass in order to get a first-down.

Danario Alexander is still available and he would make a lot of sense. He's big and could be a good #2 WR. He hasn't proven much and has trouble staying healthy so he would likely come cheap. He's familiar with Norv Turner so it would make sense for him to want to come to Cleveland and for Turner to want the Browns to bring in Alexander.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
Patterson. The dude has the best vision as a runner that I've ever seen out of a WR. He's what Reggie Bush was in college, but as a receiver. Electric.

Is he going to catch 100 passes ever? Probably not, but he will be a 1000 yard WR pretty much every season. He may take a little bit of time to catch up to the speed of the NFL, but the dude is insane in the open field. Him catching a drag route can turn into an 80 yard Marshawn Lynch Saints Playoff TD run.

He is Mike Wallace as a receiver...and unparalleled as a runner after the catch. I can't even come up with a comparison to this kid after the catch, because I don't think anyone will be better than him.

He also can catch. He doesn't have any major drop issues. His only issue is that he doesn't routinely use sharp cuts to get open....but they never really asked him to. He usually used speed routes like fades/seams/drags to get open and just burn past people.

Patterson---success of Prime Chad Johnson (With Reggie bush ability as a YAC guy.)

No I did not compare Hunter to Holmes as a player, but I see them having similar career numbers and being of the same effectiveness.

Patterson is Jeremy Maclin.

"The league has maintained that they will not suspend players for a positive result caused by second-hand smoke in the past:"
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:

Patterson is Jeremy Maclin.

IMO, Patterson = Koren Robinson

PSN: bench515lbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: