Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What are we waiting for
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joutman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: What are we waiting for Reply with quote

I can't understand what the Bills are doing. You can't tell me that there are not some bargains out there now. We have to many holes to fiddle around. I am not even hearing any rumors. What gives?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I didn't expect any big splashes this offseason, I thought they would have signed more than one guy at this point, especially with the losses of both Levitre and Rinehart. Despite there not being a whole lot out there I thought at the very least they would have brought in a guard and a wide receiver in addition to a linebacker.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are still a solid group of players out there we can still get, and the market is just now settling down.

I think, or at least I hope, you'll see the Bills make some plays on a few key role players over the next few days.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
There are still a solid group of players out there we can still get, and the market is just now settling down.

I think, or at least I hope, you'll see the Bills make some plays on a few key role players over the next few days.

Agreed. Also, I don't believe any future signings would be considered big ticket guys, which is good. The last thing we should be doing is tossing huge wads of cash at other team's cast-offs and malcontents. I like that Nix has been using FA to cheaply fill in depth and rely on the draft to get our long-term studs...Mario being the exception.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is the bills aren't even making a move I understand the bills want to use the draft but 6 picks cant get you much they need to bring in depth. they have 20 million they need to extend byrd, wood, and spiller. They need depth at DE, CB, WR, TE, S, LB, FB, and oline help. I don't see why they cant bring in guys, I mean talib was paid 5 million which is nothing for his talent. Grimes should be a risk the bills need to take I think he could help the DBs out in a big way if not him Jenkins. Also WR help would be nice I would like to see DHB come in and try out for #2. Brad smith should take a pay cut from 3.75 mil to 1 mil and they can use that to sign players. So much can be done with the money they have yet no word since Manny Lawson signing

Thanks Max
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
The problem is the bills aren't even making a move I understand the bills want to use the draft but 6 picks cant get you much they need to bring in depth. they have 20 million they need to extend byrd, wood, and spiller. They need depth at DE, CB, WR, TE, S, LB, FB, and oline help. I don't see why they cant bring in guys, I mean talib was paid 5 million which is nothing for his talent. Grimes should be a risk the bills need to take I think he could help the DBs out in a big way if not him Jenkins. Also WR help would be nice I would like to see DHB come in and try out for #2. Brad smith should take a pay cut from 3.75 mil to 1 mil and they can use that to sign players. So much can be done with the money they have yet no word since Manny Lawson signing

I agree with this and there is still some talent out there. I think going towards the two Giants WR Barden and Hixon would be nice option cheap and can go on short term deals. As much as the Nick Barnett try didnt work out, I wouldnt hate adding a guy like DJ Williams or Karlos Dansby to the middle of that defense. In the secondary a guy that I liked last year Tracy Porter, who can play outside or inside is still on the market who would be on a short term cheap deal.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Tk3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The longer you wait, the cheaper the players..

You build franchises through the draft, not free agency.. I am okay with them spending more time on the draft end..

There will be plenty of time to sign the depth we need..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

I agree with this and there is still some talent out there. I think going towards the two Giants WR Barden and Hixon would be nice option cheap and can go on short term deals. As much as the Nick Barnett try didnt work out, I wouldnt hate adding a guy like DJ Williams or Karlos Dansby to the middle of that defense. In the secondary a guy that I liked last year Tracy Porter, who can play outside or inside is still on the market who would be on a short term cheap deal.

Karlos Dansby could work in our hybrid 3/4.. I'm not thrilled on the LB depth in draft so preferably rather filled in FA
Bills4life7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Honestly think they know a rookie is starting and were rebuilding so they aren't going to sign anyone worth value. Next year we end up with a huge net loss and receive a third and fifth maybe more in comp picks.
joutman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Makes sense Reply with quote

I think Bills4life makes a good point. I think Buddy knows that this upcoming yr is going to be a difficult one because there is not a franchise quarterback that they are comfortable with. I think they want to use their cap money to re-sign Byrd, Woods, and Spiller. By taking some losses in FA they will get a couple of nice comp picks. It would not surprise me at all if Buddy tries to move back in draft and gain additional picks. I think they will probably draft a QB like Scott or Tuel in the 5th or 6th round and try to get somebody like Teddy Bridgewater next yr.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My real concern is:

If we were planning on not making any signings, why would wouldnt we eat ALL of Fitz dead space THIS season..

I would rather eat it all now and have more money going forward than only taking 3M now, not even use the space, then be on the hook for 7M more next year..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Makes sense Reply with quote

joutman wrote:
I think Bills4life makes a good point. I think Buddy knows that this upcoming yr is going to be a difficult one because there is not a franchise quarterback that they are comfortable with. I think they want to use their cap money to re-sign Byrd, Woods, and Spiller. By taking some losses in FA they will get a couple of nice comp picks. It would not surprise me at all if Buddy tries to move back in draft and gain additional picks. I think they will probably draft a QB like Scott or Tuel in the 5th or 6th round and try to get somebody like Teddy Bridgewater next yr.

I cant' think that this is what Nix is trying to do. You don't get better by trying to get worse. He knows he is gone if we have another poor season so loosing on purpose, which should never be your goal in the first place, is totally out of the picture. I think that we aren't signing anybody because we want to make each of our 6 draft picks count this year so they are out searching for their hidden gems. You guys just wait, we are going to have a very, very good draft this year. Mark my words.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Makes sense Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
joutman wrote:

I cant' think that this is what Nix is trying to do. You don't get better by trying to get worse. He knows he is gone if we have another poor season so loosing on purpose, which should never be your goal in the first place, is totally out of the picture. I think that we aren't signing anybody because we want to make each of our 6 draft picks count this year so they are out searching for their hidden gems. You guys just wait, we are going to have a very, very good draft this year. Mark my words.

I agree, you can't do that in the NFL, the lifespan of a coach/GM isn't very long if you don't produce. You can get away with that in sports like the NBA where one player can make a world of difference, but if you tank legitimately, it better be for the best QB of all time.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
OffseasonChamps

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've said it before, people are seriously upset because we didn't go after Mike Wallace or Dustin Keller? we should have killed ourselves to have gotten Sean Smith or Dannell Ellerbe? this free agency is a joke.

Dashon Goldson was the best available player this year, he's a very quality player, and good for him...but so what?

this team isn't on the cusp of a playoff berth. we're rebuilding again, as always...but hopefully this will be the last time for a long time.

...but don't be surprised if it isn't. nobody should be at this point.

Tk3 wrote:
My real concern is:

If we were planning on not making any signings, why would wouldnt we eat ALL of Fitz dead space THIS season..

I would rather eat it all now and have more money going forward than only taking 3M now, not even use the space, then be on the hook for 7M more next year..

i would guess because they want to be able to sign all the rookies, get a contract done before camp with Byrd, be able to sign free agents (undrafted and otherwise), and maybe an unexpected camp cut from another teams. there are going to be injuries and we'll need some free money at some point.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not addressing Guard after Levitre's departure indicates to me the Bills are considering Lane Johnson in the draft. Heard a Buddy Nix interview after last years draft, he mentioned Elite Left Tackles tend to be found in the Top 6-8 picks. Moves Glenn to LG where I feel he's an elite player that will earn multiple Pro Bowl trips.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: