Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Turtle's hypothetical RG3 is fine Trade Cousins mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Turtle's hypothetical RG3 is fine Trade Cousins mock Reply with quote

1st. Trade Cousins to Arizona for # 38

2.38. Johnathan Banks, Cb Miss St
2.51. Eric Reid, FS, LSU
3.69. Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
4.119. Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida St
5.154. BW Webb, cb, William & Mary
5.162. Matt Scott, QB, Arizona
6.191. Matt Furstenburg, TE, UMD
7.228. Ray Graham, RB, Pitt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: I really dont like it Reply with quote

I usually agree with many of your Posts but this one is off lol. First off there is no way Cousins will be traded for a high 2 this year and we shouldn't even think of trading him. With RG3, he's still a puppy and who knows if he will ever learn to slide to avoid injuries. I've analyzed the games and he seems to fall in awkward positions more than any quarterback I can ever remember. There are even throws he makes where he falls and isn't even hit.

No one can doubt RG3 talent, but he very well could be a quarterback that plays 50-70% of the games a year and if thats the case we need a solid number 2 that can lead the team.

Lastly, I would never trade a quarterback for the cornerback, especially an unproven one.

That being said I liked that you have the TE from MD in there. He's got sleeper written all over him to be a very solid blocker. I expect him to be in a Steeler uniform because he would be a solid pro there for a number of years in that offense.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Turtle's hypothetical RG3 is fine Trade Cousins mock Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
1st. Trade Cousins to Arizona for # 38

2.38. Johnathan Banks, Cb Miss St
2.51. Eric Reid, FS, LSU
3.69. Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
4.119. Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida St
5.154. BW Webb, cb, William & Mary
5.162. Matt Scott, QB, Arizona
6.191. Matt Furstenburg, TE, UMD
7.228. Ray Graham, RB, Pitt

Please put down the pipe. First no way Arizona will give us a 2nd for Cousins, even more improbable is we would accept a 2nd for Cousins as he will be our starting QB week 1 most likely.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the key word is hypothetical!!!!!! More for fun then realistic is what I took from it?
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
I think the key word is hypothetical!!!!!! More for fun then realistic is what I took from it?
thank you! "Hypothetical!" Relax guys. We need to liven this place up some Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask yourself this one question: based on their college careers (there's very little to go on from last year for Cousins), would the Cardinals rather have Kirk Cousins or Ryan Nassib/EJ Manuel (I'm assuming that Barkley goes off the board before they can pick at 3Cool?

I'm not sure I know the answer to that.

There is a follow-on question though: would the Cardinals be willing to give up another second round pick for another back up quarterback?

I think they'll be a bit more once bitten twice shy on that one.

Jacksonville? Possible, if they pass on Geno.

San Francisco (with the Chiefs' pick)? They're not interested.

Philly? Doubtful they repay us the favor of giving us a second. Not sure we would want to help their QB situation anyhow. Besides, if Foles won't fit in Kelly's system, Cousins wouldn't be all that great of a fit either.

Detroit or Cincinnati (with the Raiders' pick)? See San Francisco.

Cleveland? Pick is gone due to Supplemental draft.

NY Jets? They cannot give up picks because they need the young CHEAP talent given their salary cap situation.

Tennessee? They're apparently riding with Locker, for better or worse, since they cut Hasselbeck.

Buffalo? That could be an interesting situation. Of course, Marrone might want to bring his boy Nassib to the pros.

Past Buffalo, and you're looking at mostly teams that are already set at QB.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was thinking buffalo also, but good point about aZ.

Anyways, this isn't happening this year we all know that. This was just a fun hypothetical to show what we could have gotten in they draft "if we were lucky" in trading Cousins for a high pick and Rg3 was totally healthy.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turtle you're just a little ahead of your time. I think Cousins will be traded next offseason before the 2014 draft. He willl have had a few quality starts (I hope) and some wins. There is a good chance we could get a second in 2014 for him. That being said, maybe we take a chance later in the draft on a QB- Bray seems like he has a lot of upside and he's had terrible coaching in college. I wonder if we spend a 5th on him this year and groom him as our 2014 number 2 QB. Or my sleeper in the 6 or 7th is Jef Tuel out of Washington State. Perfect fit for our offense 6-3, 215 4.6 40 and an accurtate passer but he is injury prone. Collin Klein is also a possibility late in the draft or maybe even as a free agent pickup.
Sassan11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not this whole trading Kirk Cousins thing again. I can't remember his name but he said this in a NFL general topic "Why do the fans of every team with a back up qb who has barely played if played at all think there back up qb's are worth so much?" And he has a valid point. 1 nobody is trading that high of a pick for Cousins and 2 we are not trading Cousins due to RG3's injury and he is on a cheap rookie contract.

Hate to break this too everyone but if your doing a mock draft its going to be boring this year. We have no first round pick and our first pick is late in the second round. There is no magic trick for us getting a higher pick unless we give up our third round pick.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Turtle you're just a little ahead of your time. I think Cousins will be traded next offseason before the 2014 draft. He willl have had a few quality starts (I hope) and some wins.

To be honest, I'd rather hope he keeps holding the clipboard all season, since that would mean a full season of RG3.

Quote:
There is a good chance we could get a second in 2014 for him.

I'm not sure I'd say a "good" chance, but there is a non-trivial chance.

Quote:
That being said, maybe we take a chance later in the draft on a QB- Bray seems like he has a lot of upside and he's had terrible coaching in college. I wonder if we spend a 5th on him this year and groom him as our 2014 number 2 QB.

Good lord, no. Per CBS Sports/NFL Draft Scout, Cordarelle Patterson is the best WR prospect (11th best overall) and Justin Harper is the ninth best prospect (62nd best overall). He was throwing to a pair of guys who look to be a first and a second or a first and a third rounder ... and he couldn't break 60% completion rate.

Look at his 2011 and 2012 numbers. They're essentially identical in terms of rate (hell, if you double his 2011 stats, they're freakishly identical). To me, that says Bray has hit his ceiling. Don't know about you but I'm not interested in drafting a guy whose ceiling is 59% completion passer in college.

Quote:
Or my sleeper in the 6 or 7th is Jef Tuel out of Washington State. Perfect fit for our offense 6-3, 215 4.6 40 and an accurtate passer but he is injury prone.

Injury prone does not begin to cover it. 27 starts across four years, with twelve of those coming in 2010. I don't know if it's Washington State's talent pool, but I'm not that interested. I guess I could see it in the 6th or 7th.

Quote:
Collin Klein is also a possibility late in the draft or maybe even as a free agent pickup.

As a tight end?
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
Not this whole trading Kirk Cousins thing again. I can't remember his name but he said this in a NFL general topic "Why do the fans of every team with a back up qb who has barely played if played at all think there back up qb's are worth so much?" And he has a valid point. 1 nobody is trading that high of a pick for Cousins and 2 we are not trading Cousins due to RG3's injury and he is on a cheap rookie contract.

Hate to break this too everyone but if your doing a mock draft its going to be boring this year. We have no first round pick and our first pick is late in the second round. There is no magic trick for us getting a higher pick unless we give up our third round pick.
it was all in fun, kind of like seeing what we "possibly" could have gotten in this draft if Rg3 hadn't gotten hurt. That's why i said "hypothetical"!! Wink I don't think it's happening this year, maybe not next year either depending on how rg3 does this year and if Cousins gets to play and how well he plays.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: