Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rolando McClain allowed to seek trade or be released.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
popie70

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you. The guy moves slower than Big Snack and all he has done is cause problems.
thewadewilson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thank you

Pittsburgh Steelers/Houston Texans Fan
Whiz Khalifa Black & Yellow/Slim Thug I'm From Houston Texas home of the Texans
chrisororke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I would never trade anything for him.

He is a backup caliber player at this point. I wouldnt mind giving him a chance under Butler, but only if its a cheap FA signing for a year or 2.

He had 60 tackles in 11 games last year and 100 tackles the year before. What part of that is a backup player

Oh yeah that's playing in OAKLAND! And a 4-3 alignment. Playing with better players and a 3-4 where he can roam free should put him in the 120 tackle region.

Quite simply I would trade a 6th rd pick bc we got a 6th rd compensation pick for William Gay to supplement that pick. However, I would probably let him get released bc if he's traded we take on his big contract.

Rolando is a G
chrisororke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popie70 wrote:

No thank you. The guy moves slower than Big Snack and all he has done is cause problems.

Not slow. 4.6 speed. Not weak. 24 reps. Where's his flaw?

Not red flags. 23 yr old kid made mistakes. Tint job is a joke. Not all these kids grew up in the same environment, some had it rough. Give him another chance. Amazing how getting put in a good environment turns people's lives around
Le-Morte-dJames

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gun thing was stupid but we all make stupid mistakes and since noone got hurt no harm no foul, I'd give him a second chance. The talking out about his own team before he was released is a problem for me. If there really was serious locker room problems last year then don't take that chance with him. But I remember Mike Tomlin saying McClain could play buck for him anyday pre draft... Lets see if he meant that
whit09

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually against the potential selection of McClain.

And, I'm still not for bringing him in. You guys are utterly insane for wanting a guy like this added to the team at a time like this.

No, just no... giving up picks when this team has a ton of holes.

Ridiculousness.

...Thanks to UofMfan909
BigSnack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
popie70 wrote:

Not red flags. 23 yr old kid made mistakes. Tint job is a joke. Not all these kids grew up in the same environment, some had it rough. Give him another chance. Amazing how getting put in a good environment turns people's lives around

so pinning a guy to the ground holding a gun to his head and then firing it next to his head is not a red flag?

oh and the biggest joke about the whole window tint thing was him giving the police a false name. so no red flag here?

Yeast infection.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
popie70 wrote:

How about actually watching him play instead of relying on ESPN stats and combine results in a lame attempt to make him sound good.

Tackle stats don't tell anything...especially considering most of his tackles were 4 or 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

No red flags?

I'm not going any further. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
popie70

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
popie70 wrote:

How about actually watching him play instead of relying on ESPN stats and combine results in a lame attempt to make him sound good.

Tackle stats don't tell anything...especially considering most of his tackles were 4 or 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

No red flags?

I'm not going any further. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Yeah I agree with everything said about him. I'm all for giving guys 2nd chances but not when he's threatened someones life. Also I could care less what the guys 40 is and how much he benches.
Le-Morte-dJames

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah did not remember that part of the fun thing... Thought it was just a gun charge. Ok yeah not even free agent pickup then. Screw that. Guess we can just all thank the Raiders for reaching that year then
thewadewilson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to give up Charlie Batch and that moldy french fry I threw out of the car Tuesday.

thewadewilson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSnack wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
popie70 wrote:

so pinning a guy to the ground holding a gun to his head and then firing it next to his head is not a red flag?

oh and the biggest joke about the whole window tint thing was him giving the police a false name. so no red flag here?

The police thing was very funny though.

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
I would never trade anything for him.

He is a backup caliber player at this point. I wouldnt mind giving him a chance under Butler, but only if its a cheap FA signing for a year or 2.

He had 60 tackles in 11 games last year and 100 tackles the year before. What part of that is a backup player

Oh yeah that's playing in OAKLAND! And a 4-3 alignment. Playing with better players and a 3-4 where he can roam free should put him in the 120 tackle region.

Quite simply I would trade a 6th rd pick bc we got a 6th rd compensation pick for William Gay to supplement that pick. However, I would probably let him get released bc if he's traded we take on his big contract.

Rolando is a G

Yeah, he is such a G that a struggling Oakland defense doesnt want him anymore.

Stop blaming the players around him. He sucks. A real "G" makes the players around him better...not the other way around. Thats not to say he cant improve, but simply playing with better players isnt going to fix the problems he has...both on and off the field.

And even if we did sign him, you obviously dont have a clue what his role in this defense would be if you think he would be "free roaming" or get anywhere close to 120 tackles.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with all of those against McClain. The guy is garbage and more so, a head case. The Oakland Raiders might actually improve without him on their roster.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolando McClain I would get for cheap insurance just in case the Steelers don't take a ILB. That would give them 3 ILBs on the roster veteran, youth and some NFL playing experience.

The Steelers will head into this season with a injured Spence, possible rookie and a aging Vet. If by chance Foote goes down with injury the Steelers don't have a player on the roster that has any starting experience. Not saying McClain is any better then those possibilites, but playing in multi games will help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: