Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rolando McClain allowed to seek trade or be released.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Rolando McClain allowed to seek trade or be released. Reply with quote

I know this was discussed a few months ago, but it's alive. I'm not saying the Steelers should or shouldn't take a flyer. But depending on the cost he would be a good pick up if motivated to prove he's ready to move forward as a player and a active citizen.

We all wanted McClain for the most part they year he came out and maybe the Steelers give up a 5th or later to acquire him. Or just wait till he's released and go from there. But he'll be a $7M dollar cap hit if he's released this season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never trade anything for him.

He is a backup caliber player at this point. I wouldnt mind giving him a chance under Butler, but only if its a cheap FA signing for a year or 2.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

He is a backup caliber player at this point. I wouldnt mind giving him a chance under Butler, but only if its a cheap FA signing for a year or 2.

Oh I agree especially with the uncertainty surrounding Sean Spence.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Oh I agree especially with the uncertainty surrounding Sean Spence.

I read recently that Spence had nerve damage to go along with the ligament tears. It doesn't sound too promising that he can play this year and his career could possibly be over before it even got started which would be such a terrible shame.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spence's career is most likely cut short

bring McClain in, kick the tires. No reason not to do so. I don't mean to be judgemental, but who knows what would happen if any of us was stuck playing for Oakland. Hey, Randy Moss looked pretty good once he got out of there, maybe McClain will too.

Razz
armsteeld

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked him in Bama so of course I want to see him in the B&G. He isn't a burner and is more of a 2 down player but high reward low risk that can be had for the low low.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
stefan52268

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the Raiders release him first. I would not want to trade anything for him. Or pick up his contract either. Then Maybe bring him in for a visit.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
armsteeld

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
Let the Raiders release him first. I would not want to trade anything for him. Or pick up his contract either. Then Maybe bring him in for a visit.

Then he can pick and choose where he wants to go. Get him to agree to restructure and/or to trade, release, and sign on smaller pay. Would be hard but not impossible, regardless, there are some quality ILB in this draft.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:

Then he can pick and choose where he wants to go. Get him to agree to restructure and/or to trade, release, and sign on smaller pay. Would be hard but not impossible, regardless, there are some quality ILB in this draft.

True, but there are not many teams he could viably come in and start...Pittsburgh being one. I wouldn't trade anything for him, personally. Especially draft picks, as we need all the picks we can get this year, IMO...even 7th round ones.

If he chooses to go to another team, so be it...not sure he's the answer anyway, but he is worth checking out, at least, if he's cut.

Props to Jamison on the image!!!
Raven's Fan-
mounimonster wrote:
Lol..The only people taking Brown are...Pittsburgh fans....This poll shouldn't be close...
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:

True, but there are not many teams he could viably come in and start...Pittsburgh being one. I wouldn't trade anything for him, personally. Especially draft picks, as we need all the picks we can get this year, IMO...even 7th round ones.

If he chooses to go to another team, so be it...not sure he's the answer anyway, but he is worth checking out, at least, if he's cut.

I'd trade our 6th round pick because we got two.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved him coming out of the draft. Thought he would be a good Buck for us. Not as perfect as Hightower because Hightower had a better pass rush, but McClain I felt was a better run stuffer as prospects go. If he's released I would love it but I doubt steelers actually bring him in after the off the field problems and talking out about the organization
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:

I'd trade our 6th round pick because we got two.

Why?

What has he ever done to warrant trading anything for him?

I respect your opinion, and I wouldnt mind bring him in...and no, a 6th round pick isnt likely to make the team, but McClain is a complete headcase and isnt a good player either. He still has some upside, but I dont think he is worth trading anything for, to be honest. Id rather take my chances without him than to trade anything for him.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if we could trade Colon for McClain and a 1st round pick?? Cool

Seriously though, I wouldn't be upset if we traded our 7th.
BigSnack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is worth nothing as far as a trade. even a 7th is not worth it. A 7th has some value which he does not because A)he will be cut and can be had for nothing and B) he is owed over 4 mil this year and 5 mil next year.

IF we were to traded him then he would carry with him that contract.

IF we wait for him to get cut then we can dictate what his contract is and imo he is not worth anything more than league min. with that much baggage and past poor performances he would be lucky to make it to the final 53

Yeast infection.
Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mc Clain would fit a need and fits the style of our defense. He could be an Earl Holmes type of MLB for the Steelers. I agree that we do not trade for him or take on any amount of his current deal.

The Steelers will also be very careful about who they bring into their locker room. The chatter, character issues and on and off field issues of last year will not be tolerated going forward. Rolando has talent, but does he have the desire and passion to play? Has he rededicated himself to football? Is he getting his life back in order? Those are the important questions that need to be answered well before any contract length or amount are discussed.

Thanks for the Sig CalhounLambeau!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: