Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KR Ted Ginn Jr. & S Mike Mitchell visit with team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schulman116

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: KR Ted Ginn Jr. & S Mike Mitchell visit with team Reply with quote

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2013/3/19/4125262/2013-nfl-free-agency-mike-mitchell-and-ted-ginn-jr-visit-panthers

If the price is right I think Mitchell would be a very solid signing. He never lived up to expectations in OAK after seleceted with an "Al Davis" high pick. From what I've gathered he was a good teammate, & solid starter at times for a weak secondary. I'd put him in the lineup over Nakumara the second he stepped off the plane.

Ted Ginn on the other hand is still young and has loads of untapped potential. I said KR...because that's what he is. He has clearly not demonstrated any signs of being a legit NFL WR, but has shown electricity on special teams...something we haven't had since Michael Bates/He Hate Me.

I'd be cool with either one...give them a chance to work hard and re-energize their disappointing young careers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Ted Gin Jr a lot, Mitchell would be whatever. I'm hoping we can snag a stud safety in round 2 or just take Mathieu
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both should be cheap. mitchell will at least add competition to the safety position and cant be much worse than nakamura. as far as ginn he's a kr and nothin more. he is not going to all of a sudden become a decent wr. but as a kr he is indeed electric. both should come relatively cheap but i don't expect too much of a contribution to our 2013 superbowl run from these two

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Panthers coach Ron Rivera did not hide his excitement about the prospect of acquiring receiver/returner Ted Ginn Jr., a free agent who visited the Panthers this week and left with a contract offer.

“Ted came in and did a nice job. I know our guys really spoke highly of his visit,” Rivera said Wednesday at the NFC coaches breakfast at the league meetings.

“The interesting thing about Ted is he gives us some depth at wide receiver who can challenge for playing time opportunity. But also he's got special teams value, which is big.”

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

Thanks CK
faccda01

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see Ginn join the squad. I can't remember the last time we had a return man that was actually a threat.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ginn would bring our special teams unit to that next level, I would love to see this guy playing for us in Charlotte next fall

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Mike Davis Watch
80 CAR 368 YDS 3TDS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: